Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Kerner

My Search for a Dallas Plastic Surgeon: I did a LOT of research and the information may be useful to others. Dallas has LOTS of plastic surgeons. I was looking for certain qualities that are important to me: 1. Experience - I wanted a surgeon who had performed lots and lots of procedures over many years - not just a doctor who's done lots of procedures all crammed into a few years 2. Knowledge - a surgeon who would answer my questions in detail, ask the right questions of me, and make the right recommendations for me. 3. Skill - a surgeon who is very detail-oriented and takes great pride in their work and their patients' outcomes and well-being. 4. Patience - I had a lot of questions and concerns and I wanted a surgeon who would meet with me personally and make me feel genuinely cared for. 5. Thoroughness - I did not want a surgeon who rushes through as many patients as possible, to make as much money as possible, in as short a time as possible. I wanted a surgeon with a keen attention. 6. Price - I was not looking for super-cheap bargain basement surgery, but also not over-priced. 7. Integrity - I wanted a surgeon whose words match up with their patients' outcomes and who respects my time and schedule. If my appointment is at 3, I expect to start at 3. Someone who will tell it to me like it is, so I would know what I am getting into, and what to expect and whether or not my expectations were realistic. 8. Safety - I was shocked to see a number of practitioners out there I felt uneasy with, some with very questionable records of safety, disciplinary actions and lawsuits. Their websites made them sound great, but often left out worrisome facts that I found only after careful research on the internet. 9. Trust - from past patients in the form of good, believable recommendations. I'm not looking for hundreds of unrealistic reviews. I wanted to hear the truth, both good and bad. 10. Location in the Dallas-Fort Worth area or North Texas for my convenience. I was surprised to find surgeons who claim to have locations they do not actually have, or who list their location multiple times under different names with just slightly different addresses. I wanted someone who is who they say they are, who goes by their own name so that I can look into their background, and who is located exactly where they say they are located. 11. Reputation - in the form of exceptional standing with regulatory agencies and their colleagues. No disciplinary actions, suspensions or lawsuits. 12. Education and certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and not some other similarly-named outfit. Until I started my research I had no idea that some people practice plastic surgery who aren't even plastic surgeons. Dentists, internal medicine specialists, plain old doctors - lots of kinds of medical professionals can seemingly just start calling themselves a plastic surgeon and they're off to the races. I was really surprised to see how many plastic surgeons are out there who say they are 'Board Certified' rather than certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, which I found is easily verifiable online. 13. Respect of peers - I wanted a surgeon who other surgeons respect and admire who is known in the plastic surgery community as having a reputation for excellence. 14. A great staff - In my experience a doctor's staff can make or break a practice. I wanted to find a surgeon with superbly qualified nurses and assistants who mirrored the qualities of excellence I was looking for in my plastic surgeon. I didn't want do deal with a staff who raised my blood pressure or left me feeling uncertain before going in to have my plastic surgery. 15. I wanted my procedure to be done in a very safe, accredited, rock-solid facility. Not some odd hole-in-the-wall place in a strip mall by the side of the road, or right there next to some off-putting location. I was hesitant when I saw the actual offices of some plastic surgeons was very different than the impressions they made and the photos they had posted online. Again I was surprised to see so many plastic surgery outfits setup in a location where you'd expect to see a barbecue joint. I did not want a surgeon who cuts cost with their facility - perhaps at the cost of my safety. I wanted to be sure I was in the best environment possible in any contingency. 16. Lastly, I wanted to find a surgeon who is a good, solid 'whole person'. I wanted to find a doctor who not only excelled in plastic & cosmetic surgery but who was also active in their community, church, family, charities, organizations - whatever. Someone who contributes back to the world and community they are blessed to serve. My outcome has far exceeded my expectations, hence this long review. Everything she told me turned out to be exactly true and accurate but even better than I expected. I feel blessed that I found Dr. Liz Kerner as my plastic surgeon and would never, ever consider another.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2019

Dr. Kerner and her staff are true professionals. I've had two procedures with her and have come away extremely happy. I believe her ethics are second to none - she actually talked me out of a procedure that would not have resulted in a good value. Dr. Kerner is the most personable physician that I've ever had -- she made sure all my concerns were addressed.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2019

As smart as they come. A super surgeon not only knowledgeable & skilled but also a warm genuine person. I'd trust her with any surgery. Top-notch facility too.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2019

I saw Dallas plastic surgeon Dr. Liz Kerner in her West Plano office. I found her work to be precise and her advice thorough. She described accurately what I should expect and what my recovery would be like. Her office was relaxing and easy to get to and her entire staff was excellent. I would trust her with any future cosmetic surgery I or my family may have.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

From the moment I walked into Elizabeth's waiting room I felt comfortable and was treated as if I was the most important person her team had met. Each of her team is gracious and kind. Dr. Elizabeth was one of several doctors I consulted with after an issue with an unfinished double mastectomy. I am glad Dr. Elizabeth was the third of 3 doctors I visited with as I was absolutely certain after the consult Dr. Elizabeth was my first and only choice. Dr. Elizabeth completed my surgery on December 21, 2018. An Early Christmas present I am now completely healed from and absolutely thrilled with the results. Dr. Elizabeth is concerned with details whether it is being exactly on time or early for her appointments, precise placement of cuts and stitches or her patient's comfort. Dr. Elizabeth is a dream doctor.... one I wish we could duplicate in all specialties. Thank you Dr. Elizabeth and team! You put me back together better than I thought possible.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

Dr. Kerner is awesome. She’s clearly got experience and thinks of details even you don’t think about. Far exceeded my expectations!! They value time in waiting area and address every concern. Your procedure is spelled out on exactly what to expect. Excellent choice in her!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2019

I have no words to describe Dr. Kerner. She is the BEST of the BEST!!! Very respectful, wonderful bedside manners, punctual, detail oriented, perfect work, I can go on and on. Her staff is amazing!! Excellent group of women, for her staff to work that many years for one doctor speaks volume. She made me feel relaxed. When I was referred to her my OBGYN, my OBGYN’s exact words were “if I could put my life in her hands, so can you. You have nothing to worry about”. That says it all. Dr. Kerner knows her stuff!! She is a thorough surgeon, her outcome are superb! Her incisions are precise, clean, and well approximated. I cannot say enough. I’ll got her over and over again. At my 6 months follow up, she looked at a tiny surgical scar that wasn’t even noticeable and said she would revised it! That scar was alright by me! She revised it at no cost!! That’s perfection at its entirety! You won’t regret ever going to her! Thank you Dr. Kerner for helping me get my confidence back!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2019

Dr Kerner led me through all the steps in such a way that I was always comfortable that I was in good hands. I don't think anything could have been more perfect except an irritating nurse in my one night stay in the hospital. I called Dr Kerner & she called the hospital to remedy the situation. I know a four hour surgery cannot be easy but one could be fooled by her steady calmness. I can't express the beauty she created that I get to look at every day. I am more than pleased. Thank you again, Dr Kerner. Relax, she will take care of you.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

I can recommend Dr Kerner with no hesitation. Any accolades I might use would not be high enough. Add to that her genuine kindness. At each step she explains what to expect next. Many doctors pawn these steps to their staff. I would never go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

My husband & I have both used Dr. Kerner and the quality of her work is OUTSTANDING! She has an amazing knack for perfection and certainly delivers! Can't recommend her highly enough! I've recommended her to several friends for various procedures and everyone has had fabulous results!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr. Elizabeth Kerner's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Elizabeth Kerner was raised in the Dallas area and is a graduate of Richardson High School. Following her Cum Laude graduation from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, she attended Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. Dr. Kerner completed her general surgery residency at Vanderbilt University Affiliated Hospitals in Nashville. Her plastic surgery residency was done at Wayne State University Medical Center in Detroit. She entered private practice in the Dallas area in 1987. Enjoying both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Kerner focuses mainly on breast surgery, facial surgery, and liposuction. In 1992, Dr. Kerner was awarded her Board Certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery (the only plastic surgery board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties and the American Medical Association). She is currently a member of the Texas Medical Association and the Dallas County Medical Society. She is an active member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. She served as the 2002 President for the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons and was the 1999 President of the Medical Staff at Presbyterian Hospital of Plano.

• English

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

UnitedHealthcare