Ratings for Dr. Camelia Trambitas

Dr. Trambitas is the best doctor, she has always been there for me! She cares so much about her patients. Phyliss is so rude and likes to hold the power. Dr Trambitas deserves a nice staff member not someone like her.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

I had her at the Oshawa clinic and she was amazing! I was in so much pain and she was thorough yet gentle in her examination which is hard to come by in a knee injury. She immediately referred me to a surgeon and followed up 3 times to make sure I was doing okay! She even got her secretary to call me 4 times to let me know my ultrasound was normal! The secretary was a bit rude but I didn’t answer her first 3 calls so that may be on me!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

Dr. Trambitas has been my doctor for years. While there are times I feel rushed, she has always stopped to listen if I bring up a concern. She has been wonderful with my children as well. When I bring up a concern that she isn't confident about, she is quick to refer me to a specialist. I feel like she listens to me and validates my concerns. I've had nothing but amazing interactions with Phyllis as well. She returns my calls quickly and always treats me kindly and with respect. If I come in as a walk-in patient, she always remembers my name and greets me with a smile (I can't help but wonder if it's because I try to greet her with a smile and speak to her with respect).

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr trambitas is great, have been seeing her for years without problems.... The only problem with this doctor is phyllis the receptionist.The rude things this woman has said, the messages she leaves on the answering machine and the fact that she is just crusty and rude. Dr Trambitas get a new receptionist!!! PLEASE!!!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Waiting tine is between 15-30 minutes and the staff is terrible, no follow-up, no return calls , never answer the phone and customer service is null. The doctor is good but the experience that you encounter before meeting the doctor give you a VERY BAD TASTE!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I would have to agree with most people on this forum. She is not a tentative doctor, makes you feel rushed, does not listen to your concerns and tried to make you feel stupid when you go to her with concerns or symptoms of serious issues. I have been going to her for years and it began when I was first in high school. I remember going in for an annual and asking for a STI check just to be safe. Rather than saying "yes absolutely that is a good idea" she said "why? do you not use a condom? why would you need that test done" and once she agreed to test my blood she said she wasn't going to test for anything major like AIDS or HPV... Sorry what?! A doctor should never act like they know a person well enough to judge something as serious as that. On another note, at 18 I was diagnosed with PCOS, and since then she has never taken any complication seriously and proceeds to say "well you have PCOS" as if that's the route to all my problems. When I ask her for the results in my blood tests she says "they're normal" without elaborating on what she even tested me for. She also loves prescribing meds without actually knowing if they are appropriate to be using. Recently I was having abdominal pain and bloating, and when I went in to talk to her about it, right away she said "could you be pregnant? did you have unprotected sex?" SHE DIDN'T EVEN PHYSICALLY EXAMINE MY BODY" So anyways, I asked for an ultra sound, and even the ultra sound technician prompted me to go see another doctor as she didn't think the problem was even PCOS.. (which is enough of a hint from a technician considering they aren't suppose to tell you anything" Lastly, Phillis is rude and terrible at her job too.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Very good physician. She responded promptly to all requests and dealt with professionalism to all matters with regards our health issues.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I have had Dr T for a few years now and she is great but Phillis that she has answering her calls and calling people back I find her very rude and she is NOT very helpful she is always fast to let me know when Dr T is in the walk in clinic but yet if we need papers signed you have to make an appointment. I am not happy with Phillis what's so ever. I have told Dr T this a million times yet she still has a job.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

SO grateful that this is MY doctor! She is super and I am glad to have her as my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Trambitas has been my family doctor for a while and she was helpful but now when you have a concern she always blames it on lifestyle and that I should have a baby at my age. I had an issue and told her my concerns and she kept saying its normal but she barely listens and always interrupts so I how can I believe what she actually knows anymore, When I suggested if I should see a specialist she was quick to say no and that I don't need it and she would give me a prescription instead to subside the symptoms. What kind of family doctor gives prescriptions to patients with specific conditions without a consult from a specialist. I went to go see a specialist and there was something wrong and they were shocked that Dr. Trambitas did not even try to send me to see a specialist. ****************Warning to all, ALWAYS make an effort to see a specialist for specific concerns because no family doctor would have all updated information about every type of specialty. They most likely want you to keep coming back to them so they can bill OHIP for the visit*********************

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015