Ratings for Dr. Camelia Trambitas

Dr trambitas is great, have been seeing her for years without problems.... The only problem with this doctor is phyllis the receptionist.The rude things this woman has said, the messages she leaves on the answering machine and the fact that she is just crusty and rude. Dr Trambitas get a new receptionist!!! PLEASE!!!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Waiting tine is between 15-30 minutes and the staff is terrible, no follow-up, no return calls , never answer the phone and customer service is null. The doctor is good but the experience that you encounter before meeting the doctor give you a VERY BAD TASTE!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I would have to agree with most people on this forum. She is not a tentative doctor, makes you feel rushed, does not listen to your concerns and tried to make you feel stupid when you go to her with concerns or symptoms of serious issues. I have been going to her for years and it began when I was first in high school. I remember going in for an annual and asking for a STI check just to be safe. Rather than saying "yes absolutely that is a good idea" she said "why? do you not use a condom? why would you need that test done" and once she agreed to test my blood she said she wasn't going to test for anything major like AIDS or HPV... Sorry what?! A doctor should never act like they know a person well enough to judge something as serious as that. On another note, at 18 I was diagnosed with PCOS, and since then she has never taken any complication seriously and proceeds to say "well you have PCOS" as if that's the route to all my problems. When I ask her for the results in my blood tests she says "they're normal" without elaborating on what she even tested me for. She also loves prescribing meds without actually knowing if they are appropriate to be using. Recently I was having abdominal pain and bloating, and when I went in to talk to her about it, right away she said "could you be pregnant? did you have unprotected sex?" SHE DIDN'T EVEN PHYSICALLY EXAMINE MY BODY" So anyways, I asked for an ultra sound, and even the ultra sound technician prompted me to go see another doctor as she didn't think the problem was even PCOS.. (which is enough of a hint from a technician considering they aren't suppose to tell you anything" Lastly, Phillis is rude and terrible at her job too.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Very good physician. She responded promptly to all requests and dealt with professionalism to all matters with regards our health issues.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I have had Dr T for a few years now and she is great but Phillis that she has answering her calls and calling people back I find her very rude and she is NOT very helpful she is always fast to let me know when Dr T is in the walk in clinic but yet if we need papers signed you have to make an appointment. I am not happy with Phillis what's so ever. I have told Dr T this a million times yet she still has a job.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

SO grateful that this is MY doctor! She is super and I am glad to have her as my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Trambitas has been my family doctor for a while and she was helpful but now when you have a concern she always blames it on lifestyle and that I should have a baby at my age. I had an issue and told her my concerns and she kept saying its normal but she barely listens and always interrupts so I how can I believe what she actually knows anymore, When I suggested if I should see a specialist she was quick to say no and that I don't need it and she would give me a prescription instead to subside the symptoms. What kind of family doctor gives prescriptions to patients with specific conditions without a consult from a specialist. I went to go see a specialist and there was something wrong and they were shocked that Dr. Trambitas did not even try to send me to see a specialist. ****************Warning to all, ALWAYS make an effort to see a specialist for specific concerns because no family doctor would have all updated information about every type of specialty. They most likely want you to keep coming back to them so they can bill OHIP for the visit*********************

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. T has been our family doctor for 10 years now . She is FANTASTIC ! She is always very helpful, listens to me and she is amazing with the kids. I can always get into see her and I love the fact that she does work at the walk in it makes it easier sometimes to go see her after work or school.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Im so glad I stumbled upon this page come to find out everyone else feels how I feel. I have been struggling with anxiety for as long as I can remember to the point of being physically I'll, Dr t does not listen even after years of revisiting only to say the problem still persists her suggestion is "breathe and drink water" when you are taking time off work because of this thats not all someone needs. She jumps j to your sentences assuming what your going to say or that she already knows what u need and doesn't care to listen to the details of what the problem is. Always super rushed. Asks irrelevant questions. You get tests done and no one informs you of the results.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Was my understanding she is a good doctor. Over the past couple years it is next to impossible to get a appointment in her office. Her receptionist Phillis is always quick to tell you what walk in clinics she's in. Dr. Tambitas lowered my blood preasure meds to half, put me on a med that loosens your arteries that after I stopped taking them I find out by a doctor at the Oshawa walk in clinic you should not be on for any more then 30 days She wanted me on them for 100 days. The doctor who seen me said it's as if she was trying to give me a heart attack or stroke. I seen Dr. Chong a diabetic specialist who reviewed my meds and she said there was no notes in my file of her lowering me blood pressure meds. Dr. chong changed some of my meds that lowered my blood sugars over night and she increased my blood pressure meds that lowered my blood pressure. Phyllis; Dr Trambitas's receptionist called me and told me Dr. Trambitas didn't want me on those meds and to go back to what she had me on. I told Phyllis that Dr. Tramp is no longer my doctor and her opinion means nothing. My new doctor faxed through a release to get my file as she is not under the Lake Ridge Health umbrella six weeks ago. She refuses. Over all if you have a family doctor who spends more time in walk in clinics then their office drop them. They may not keep files up to date cause you really have no recorse when they fuck up. Drs like Trambitas should have their license revoked. Just my opinion over the past couple years.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015