Ratings for Dr. Camelia Trambitas

I have had Dr T for a few years now and she is great but Phillis that she has answering her calls and calling people back I find her very rude and she is NOT very helpful she is always fast to let me know when Dr T is in the walk in clinic but yet if we need papers signed you have to make an appointment. I am not happy with Phillis what's so ever. I have told Dr T this a million times yet she still has a job.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

SO grateful that this is MY doctor! She is super and I am glad to have her as my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Trambitas has been my family doctor for a while and she was helpful but now when you have a concern she always blames it on lifestyle and that I should have a baby at my age. I had an issue and told her my concerns and she kept saying its normal but she barely listens and always interrupts so I how can I believe what she actually knows anymore, When I suggested if I should see a specialist she was quick to say no and that I don't need it and she would give me a prescription instead to subside the symptoms. What kind of family doctor gives prescriptions to patients with specific conditions without a consult from a specialist. I went to go see a specialist and there was something wrong and they were shocked that Dr. Trambitas did not even try to send me to see a specialist. ****************Warning to all, ALWAYS make an effort to see a specialist for specific concerns because no family doctor would have all updated information about every type of specialty. They most likely want you to keep coming back to them so they can bill OHIP for the visit*********************

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. T has been our family doctor for 10 years now . She is FANTASTIC ! She is always very helpful, listens to me and she is amazing with the kids. I can always get into see her and I love the fact that she does work at the walk in it makes it easier sometimes to go see her after work or school.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Im so glad I stumbled upon this page come to find out everyone else feels how I feel. I have been struggling with anxiety for as long as I can remember to the point of being physically I'll, Dr t does not listen even after years of revisiting only to say the problem still persists her suggestion is "breathe and drink water" when you are taking time off work because of this thats not all someone needs. She jumps j to your sentences assuming what your going to say or that she already knows what u need and doesn't care to listen to the details of what the problem is. Always super rushed. Asks irrelevant questions. You get tests done and no one informs you of the results.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Was my understanding she is a good doctor. Over the past couple years it is next to impossible to get a appointment in her office. Her receptionist Phillis is always quick to tell you what walk in clinics she's in. Dr. Tambitas lowered my blood preasure meds to half, put me on a med that loosens your arteries that after I stopped taking them I find out by a doctor at the Oshawa walk in clinic you should not be on for any more then 30 days She wanted me on them for 100 days. The doctor who seen me said it's as if she was trying to give me a heart attack or stroke. I seen Dr. Chong a diabetic specialist who reviewed my meds and she said there was no notes in my file of her lowering me blood pressure meds. Dr. chong changed some of my meds that lowered my blood sugars over night and she increased my blood pressure meds that lowered my blood pressure. Phyllis; Dr Trambitas's receptionist called me and told me Dr. Trambitas didn't want me on those meds and to go back to what she had me on. I told Phyllis that Dr. Tramp is no longer my doctor and her opinion means nothing. My new doctor faxed through a release to get my file as she is not under the Lake Ridge Health umbrella six weeks ago. She refuses. Over all if you have a family doctor who spends more time in walk in clinics then their office drop them. They may not keep files up to date cause you really have no recorse when they fuck up. Drs like Trambitas should have their license revoked. Just my opinion over the past couple years.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Saw this doctor in the Oshawa Urgent Care Clinic after having a message left by another doctor that said to return immediately for more antibiotics. The message left by Dr. Yoong stated, "you definitely have an infection in your body, and a kidney or bladder infection, and the antibiotics I gave you (for just diagnosed pneumonia) may not work, so please return to the clinic ASAP for new antibiotics and a follow up exam". Must have been lunch time. This doctor was so rushed, didn't address the "infection in your body issue" and WOULD NOT LET ME SPEAK. She said I was already taking the strongest antibiotic and I did not need anything else. Asked me if I was a drinker, twice, to which I replied "occasionally". Asked me if I had taken Tylenol, which I had because I had a temperature of minimum 100F to 103.5F for 10 days and I thought Tylenol was a fever reducer. She says "you only took two a day right". I said no, more than that. STOP taking Tylenol, she barked. I was covered in cold sores from having such a high fever for so long. I'm now certain she thinks I was some kind of crack head-alcoholic. Didn't ask about my cold sores even though they were everywhere from inside my nose and down to my lips. Extremely rushed, uninterested in true patient care and made me feel less than human. Left with more paperwork for more blood tests and confused, with many more unanswered questions. The clinic was NOT busy and there was no reason for her to be so hasty. I hope I never have the misfortune of having to see her again, EVER! Disgusting treatment for a very sick lady. Hope I make it through the next week with this "infection in your body".

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

My daughter & I have been patients of Dr. Trambitas for years. I've always been very happy with the care & professionalism of both the doctor & front desk staff, Phyllis. Anytime I've called in Phyllis has made every effort to get me in to see Dr. T as soon as possible, SAMEDAY when it's been urgent. Messages left on voicemail are returned promptly & paperwork/reports submitted on time. Dr. T herself is a great doctor who takes the time to listen to your problems & advise options. Referrals to specialists were excellent. She does have an East European accent which can make her seem more abrupt to some. However she is still easy to understand & is very caring, once you get to know her.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Always has time to see our family. Very thoughtful and smart. Great with kids.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I have been very happy with my care through Dr. Trambita' office. For starters it's one of the most efficient offices I've ever visited. I never have to wait which tells me Dr. Trambitas and her staff are respectful of my time as well as their own. She is very pleasant and always listens to my concerns. Her efficiency does on occasion translate into being rushed but that can be balanced by patients who are pro-active about their health care, come prepared to discuss their issues with examples and timelines wherever possible, and with researched questions. I think health care is a two-way street with the balance of responsibility tipping more toward the patient. I have recommended her to numerous people.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014