Ratings for Dr. Tim Latham

At the age of 41 near the end of September 2016, while getting dressed for work I suffered the dissection of an as yet undiagnosed aortic arch aneurysm(AAA). The dissection ran from the aortic valve to my carotid artery and consequently damaged my aortic valve, internal bleeding and caused a heart attack, the false lumen persists to this day. I was rushed to Royal Columbian for emergency surgery. Dr Latham worked on me for twelve or thirteen hours, replacing the valve and repairing the aneurysm using 29 units of blood products. His partner, Dr Kamyar Kazemi, took over after he could no longer stand. I was a regular blood donor for 23 years having just given my 28th donation to Canadian Blood Services three to four weeks prior. Months later during a follow up, Dr Latham explained the procedures and answered all of my questions, he made me feel good. Dr Kazemi and Dr Latham went out of their way to give me a fighting chance despite my less than 1% chance of survival, two of the many heroes that participated in the miracle of my survival.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Kind . Wonderful .skilled .and explained everything so it was easy to understand

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr Latham did my valve replacement May 18th, 2016. He did a great job and my family really appreciated all the updates while I was in surgery. When I read his previous reviews the word that resonated with me was kind. He truly was.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I couldn't say enough good things about this Man. Had a double bypass June 5th 2015. If you're going to have cardiac surgery this is the surgeon to do it. Thank you for saving my life.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

The best after 6 years quadruple surgery still going .. Thank you for second life ..amen .. Eternally grateful .. Thanks

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Submitted February 4, 2014

Dr. Latham operated my father yesterday. He is really kind and knowledgable. He is one of the best doctors I have ever met. We really appreciate him.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Dr. Latham operated on my father in September 2010. Despite numerous challenges and several issues that seriously complicated the surgery (dialated aorta, low hemoglobin, no blood accepted, diabetic), Dr. Latham successfully completed a quadruple bypass on my father. His recovery time was 4 days and he is now better than ever. Dr. Latham was extremely kind, reassuring and knowledgable and was also very accepting and accomodating of any views that we had. We truly appreciated him.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

My husband had a quadruple by-pass done in July. Dr. Latham was wonderful! Excellent job - answered all questions, pleasant, considerate. A wonderful physician and man.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008