Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Hoffman

Dr. Hoffman treats my extremely serious asthma and diagnosed and treats my narcolepsy. He is a brilliant, caring professional. Previous doctors had prescribed medicines that reduced the frequency of asthmatic episodes pretty well, but which Dr. Hoffman explained should not have been the first course of treatment because of potential long-term effects. He switched up my medicines and did a great job of explaining how the different methods work and the pros and cons of each approach. In three years I have not had a serious asthmatic episode. I play high level tennis and lacrosse and in my late forties until Dr. Hoffman treated me I had thought I would never play at that level again. His diagnosis and treatment of Narcolepsy was a life-changer for me. I was couldn't function. It was interfering with my professional and personal lives. I had never known what it was really supposed to feel like to be awake. These past three years have been like a brand new life for me.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hoffman for over 15 years, and I think he is a wonderful doctor. He is very thorough and efficient, but he does take the time to explain things and answer questions. I have had several hospital admissions over the years for my pulmonary problems, and he has always made sure I get top notch care from the nursing staff and other staff members of the hospital as well. I am very gald to have him as my pulmonary specialist.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

Good doctors are difficult to find and he is worth visiting. He takes his time and is very knowledgable. I highly recommend him. My primary doctor tried to put me on anti-depressants. Dr. Hoffman took his time and checked found physical problems instead of psychological ones. I think this is a much healthier approach.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

This doctor is an excellent doctor. He does not try to take short cuts just to make extra money. Love this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

This is an excellent doctor. After 10 years of other doctors wasting my time, this doctor was a life saver. He is diligent, patient, and thorough.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

Dr. Richard A. Hoffman's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1983)