Ratings for Dr. Liza C. Wu

Dr. Liza Wu is an excellent doctor. She is highly skilled, professional and is very honest and direct with her approach and explanation of the procedure. I had bilateral tram flap surgery in April of 2014 with excellent results. Dr. Wu cares deeply about her patients. After the surgery, Dr. Wu was very well informed and I felt very comfortable and at ease knowing I was in her competent hands after very difficult surgery. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I am very upset with this doctor. She did not adequately explain the surgery despite 3 pre-op visits. She acted very impatient with my concerns that I might be too thin to be a candidate for the DIEP flap surgery. I clearly told her I did not want any abdominal muscle taken for the surgery. She kept saying it will be fine, fine. Well, it is far from fine. I have been pulled too tight in the abdomen, muscle removed, and in constant pain ever since surgery nearly 2 tears ago. My abdomen is severely weakened from the muscle removal, and now I have a bad injury. I can barely move without pain. I was not informed post surgery that muscle was removed. She may be skilled technically, but you will be safer with a doctor who is not dismissive of your concerns.

Submitted September 22, 2013

Dr. Wu is amazing! I had a DIEP flap procedure, it's only been two weeks and the results are wonderful! She has a gift, I would recommend her and this procedure to anyone who is a candidate for it. Dr. Wu is very skilled, confident and caring. Her office staff are caring and professional, they made a very intimidating situation very easy to navigate. She is just the very best!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

Dr Wu is amazing. When you first meet her she doesn't appear to have that warm and fuzzy personality, but she does! As soon as I was in the OR and my follow up appts, Dr. Wu is exactly what I hoped for. I couldn't be happier with my decision to have Dr Wu as my plastic surgeon for my prophylactic double mastectomy. Her nurse,Tiffany, who you will see often for the expansions is awesome!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I learned that free-flaps are the "gold standard" for natural reconstructive breast surgery. Her name came up first on a google search. She is amazing. I couldn't have wished for better results. I had a DIEP flap and Tram flap. Bilateral flap surgeries seem to be intimidating to some plastic surgeons. Dr. Wu specializes in this. The care I've received through her and her staff has been superb. I already have recommended her to others and they have the same opinion. Give her office a call.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2008

Dr. Liza C. Wu's Credentials

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal