Ratings for Dr. Barry Austin

Dr. Austin is a pleasant man who listens, cares and shows compassion for his patients. Sometimes you have a wait because he takes time with his patients. The office staff could be friendlier.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

I have been repeatedly disappointed with the service I (and my family) have recieved with Dr. Austin. I can recall 3 main instances: 1. After alerting the doctor of known allergies, an antibiotic was prescribed for my husband that he was allergic to. Thank goodness he read the label before consuming. 2. I called a week in advance requesting an epipen to take on vacation with me. I was told they would call something in & that never happened. 3. I just recently had a UTI, I called the office on Friday morning at 9am for an antibiotic & was told one would be ordered no later than 4pm that day. It never was. The office called me on Monday at 6pm & told me that I would need to come in to be seen. When I told them I had to go to an Urgent Care, their response was "Ok". I would not recommend this doctor at all. I will be finding a new one immediately.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

He missed a difficult diagnosis of fibromyalgia. I complained of pain and fatigue but my bloodwork was normal. I was 24 or 25 years old and could not keep up the exercise routine. I loved this doctor, though, as he gave me guidelines for the DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension). He was very supportive and I lost 175lbs down from 328lbs to a healthy weight. He helped me think about my goal weight in a healthy way. I left his practice for two reasons. He was getting over-booked and was looking more and more tired, himself and I got a new job in a different part of town. I do recommend him as a doctor but encourage you to seek advice from a specialist if you feel the need to. He took good care of me and I was thankful.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2008

flag | Submitted August 16, 2008

Dr. Barry Austin's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal