Ratings for Dr. Zuhayr T. Madhun

Doctor is excellent, but office management is terrible.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I went to Dr. Madhun when I had a thyroid nodule. He was very knowledgeable and kind. He listened to me and gave me time to express concerns and ask questions.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

Not helpful calls not returned in timely manner, very rude

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Unprofessional! He is very rude and insulting.

Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Madhun is an amazing doctor. He is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. The majority of his staff, however, is terrible. The receptionist is very rude, and makes it seem like you're bothering her when you come in, and calling to make an appointment/reschedule is almost painful due to how hard it is to contact them, and how rude they are when you do.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

cont'd: A week before 2nd Apt I was running out of medicine. I called the ofc and left message on the voicemail 4 different times over 3 days. I never heard back. I went for my follow-up Apt at Dr Madhun's other ofc since it was a Saturday Apt, I got there and the office was closed! I stopped by another ofc in the building and their recpt advised me that this ofc of Dr Madhun's had moved also. I called Dr. Madhun's phone# and again got voicemail, checked the option for location and still had address of the ofc I had gone too, left a message again expressing frustration at lack of courtesy, care, professionalism and cooperation. Still never heard back until almost a week later when I got a voicemail requesting I call to reschedule a follow-up apt. I don't think so! Especially after I view information on the Dr's past history with the State of Ohio Medical Board as I saw at: www.healthgrades.com. I think Dr Madhun needs to take his own medicine and get more serious about his practice!!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

I met Dr Madhun when I was hospitalized at Southwest Hospital where he insisted I needed to take a more active role in taking care of my diabetes. I agreed and tried to make a follow-up appointment w him at his office. I left several messages on his voicemail and never got a return call. I saw my regular Dr, who referred me back to him and left voicemail for him to call me and I still never got a return call. I went back to my regular Dr and told him what I had experienced and he called and somehow got through to staff. I made my 1st Apt w Dr. Madhun, I was called the day before and advised his office moved. I went for the Apt, never got to see the Dr, but saw his Nurse Practitioner who acknowledged they have problems with staff returning calls and appologized, she seemed knowledgable and helpful in the beginning. She changed my insuline dosage and routine and gave me samples to use until my next Apt. (continued on additional rating)

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

I was diagnosed with nodules on my thyroid and enlarged lymph nodes and was put through a bunch of tests to get the result of common side effect of Hashimoto's disease. I would have expected a doctor to know this could be a side effect instead of telling me it could have been lymphoma. And his office staff is extremely rude and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

I have seen many doctors over the years and Dr. Madhun is one of the best. The day I walked into his office unknown to me I was in AFib and diagnosed with Graves Disease and Hyperthyroidism. He was at the hospital 7 days a week and sat and asked my husband and I every single day if we had questions and he would sit and answer every question. Dr. Madhun was on top of all my lab work and every single aspect of my care. He has a wonderful bedside manner and put me at ease because I was anxious and afraid of my diagnosis and what to expect. He is kind, reassuring, and after I came home after my RAI, a month later I had passed out and went to the ER, as I sat in the ER and I told my husband to call Dr. Madhun, he was there within an hour and took over my care, I instantly felt better knowing he was in charge!! I am so grateful for him and his care.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

I always tell Dr. Madun "he saved my life"! He would inturn say "I saved my own life". If he would have not been there to direct me when I was first diagnosed with diabetes over 5 years ago, than I probably would have lost more than my "big toe"! He is truly a great & caring Dr. Not easy to find that in medical field, these days!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009