Dr. Raman Kohli

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Raman Kohli

I have now had four flap procedures completed by Dr. Kohli and his staff. Each one has been successful with no complications and minimal discomfort after the procedure. In my opinion, Dr. Kohli is an expert in his field of periodontal surgery. After my procedures, I can see that Dr. Kohli is a perfectionist, paying attention to every detail and understanding the uniqueness of each patient and their condition. Dr. Kohli will always take the time after the procedure to explain how it went, what to expect during the recovery, and the use of the prescribed treatment. In addition to great dental staff, he has one of the sweetest receptionists I have ever met! Janet always takes the time to say hello and make you feel welcome to the office. She must greet hundreds of patients, but always seems to remember the last time we talked. I will continue to visit his office for regular cleanings and monitoring. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Kohli’s practice to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

When I meet Dr. Kohli I was very comfortable with him and trusted him right away he did a wonderful job on my tooth and I would use Dr. Kohli again if I needed specialist work .He explained the procedure to me and even told me what to expect. He was very honest and said there would be pain for a few days. I had been referred to another periodontist before Dr. Kohli but we didn't connect so when I was sent to see Dr. Kohli I was on edge and very distrustful but he immediately put me at ease with his warm smile and explanation of exactly what he was going to do. I would recommend Dr. kohli to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Very thorough and honest. I went in because my dentist thought I needed gum grafting but Dr Kohli was knowledgeable to determine that it would have done more harm than good.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

Dr. Kohli is a rockstar. He is outstanding at what he does -- explains clearly and simply what is being done, creates an atmosphere of trust and calmness.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Kohli and his staff especially if you are nervous about dental procedures. I have had multiple procedures completed over the past 2 years. Dr Kohli is a highly skilled, knowledgeable and approachable professional. He takes the time to explain the procedures and answer your questions. I am very happy with the results and agree with the other positive reviews of his work. His staff are also very good especially Janet.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Dr. Raman Kohli and All His Staff are Very Professional and Helpful! Highly Recommend. I felt so comfortable with all of them 100%.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Dr. Raman Kohli was my dentist in Waterdown in 2000 and I have known him for 17 years now. He was always a very approachable professional and dedicated dentist and a perfectionist. In addition, he was also a great cosmetic dentist who totally changed I smiled in 2003. I never had a smile to speak of (not showing my teeth much) and he totally changed that and I am still so grateful for that! After his studies in Boston to become a periodontist, I didn’t need to see him anymore and wasn’t aware that he also performed dental implants until my dentist in Waterdown, Dr. André Tam who took over his practice, referred me to him for an implant. He performed the implant with precision and it wasn’t easy for him to perform, knowing I have a very small mouth opening. I didn’t feel the needle going in for the freezing (even in the roof of my mouth) and he’s simply ‘the best’ for giving needles! There was another problem I had with a molar that had a previous root canal and a crown installed on top of that molar, where the x-ray now showed a ‘cavity’ under the crown in the bone and seemed to be a complicated issue to resolve. It was the only molar I had left to chew with and the easy solution would be to just extract it, which then left me faced with another implant and a substantial cost to me. I voiced my concerns about that and he came up with his expertise to fix that molar and perform flap surgery to possibly save that molar. He then performed a bovine graft to regenerated the bone on that lower molar and I had some discomfort after 2 weeks, which was to be expected. After 4 weeks however, all the pain had gone and I had a dental cleaning done just recently and everything was just excellent as if I never had a ‘cavity’ in that bone. The procedure regenerated that bone completely! “Thank you” Dr. Kohli! It has been such a pleasure seeing you again and I can tell that you love what you’re doing and you are an outstanding periodontist and all-around very nice, experienced and gifted professional (and thanks for saving me money also!) I highly recommend you.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Dr. Raman Kohli

Dr. Raman Kohli's response
Wow that's quite a thorough review. Thank you so much if was nice to see you again as well. I am glad I could again beof service to you again.

Submitted May 26, 2017

He pulled a tooth and put an implant and the same time. No pain whatsoever and even after. This doctor is a superman.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

https://www.ratemds.com/blog/expressing-gratitude-is-good-for-you/. DR. Kohli. Whom I call SUPERMAN ! He is able to take a mouthful of missing teeth, permanent bridge, and cavities and pull out loose teeth and he is in the process of implants, capping, and filling small cavities to allow me to once again have a mouthful of teeth. Yes, I will probably need dentures in the future but he has reassured me that by him doing this work now, I could probably prevent two sets of full dentures for many years. False teeth is my biggest nightmare. He is given me years to work with remaining teeth and for that I am ever so greatful. He is kind, but most of all , I feel so confident in his decisions and his professional work. So if you don't want dentures, inquire with him what he can do to work with the teeth that you have and perhaps you will be fortunate enough to keep your remaining teeth and add to them. His staff is so caring and also very kind people. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT DENTURES, Make an appointment first with DR KOHLI and see what your options are. So glad I have him as my dentist.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I was recommended Dr. Kohli from my dentist because I needed a crown lengthening. I was nervous going in but I was so impressed with Dr. Kohli and his staff. They were friendly, professional and they made me feel so at ease. I would definitely recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

Dr. Raman Kohli's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Raman Kohli is certified as a Periodontal surgeon and is a diplomat of both the Canadian and American Boards of Periodontology. Dr. Kohli received his Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1990 from the University of Toronto. He practiced dentistry for thirteen years before switching gears to attend the renowned Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine, where he received his Masters in Oral Biology and Periodontology. During his studies, Boston University awarded Dr. Kohli the recognition of the top graduating resident in Periodontology. As an alumni of BU, he visits the Goldman School to lecture periodontal residents. Dr. Kohli has also been a guest lecturer for the specialty programs at the Universities of British Columbia, Manitoba and Toronto for the purpose of delivering his suturing program.

• English
  • Fiji Hindi
  • French

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1990)
  • Boston University (Grad. 2006)

• Dental implant surgery