Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Raman Kohli

I have now had four flap procedures completed by Dr. Kohli and his staff. Each one has been successful with no complications and minimal discomfort after the procedure. In my opinion, Dr. Kohli is an expert in his field of periodontal surgery. After my procedures, I can see that Dr. Kohli is a perfectionist, paying attention to every detail and understanding the uniqueness of each patient and their condition. Dr. Kohli will always take the time after the procedure to explain how it went, what to expect during the recovery, and the use of the prescribed treatment. In addition to great dental staff, he has one of the sweetest receptionists I have ever met! Janet always takes the time to say hello and make you feel welcome to the office. She must greet hundreds of patients, but always seems to remember the last time we talked. I will continue to visit his office for regular cleanings and monitoring. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Kohli’s practice to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Are you nervous or frightened about enduring pain while having a dental procedures? FEAR NOT... I can assure you , that I too was apprehensive about making the decision to have major dental work. This involved a few teeth being pulled, a few teeth filled , and implants put into the jaw. Well good news ! Dr Kohli has this special ability to give needles for freezing and you do not feel any pain. You might ask how.? Upon insertion of the needle into your gums, he flaps /flicks your cheek near the injection site. Within a minute your mouth is frozen and you can’t believe you have had a needle .This past year I have had two implants inserted into my jaw , which is the first step to get permanent or a partial plate for implants. Honestly I was amazed that there was no pain to this procedure. So many people including myself, put off having dental work done because of the fear of pain. The most you will feel is a bit touring pressure, but not pain. Don’t let fear be the reason you no longer smile or feel confident about yourself . “LIFE IS SHORT SMILE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE TEETH” I have this sign in my kitchen, and is often the topic of conversation. So many patients have told you that Dr Kohli and his staff run an exceptional dental practice . I agree 100% The point of this comment is, don’t let fear stop you from feeling and looking your best. Go through life smiling . Dr Kohli is a great periodontist aka Superman

flag | Submitted August 25, 2018

I always feel very comfortable in his chair. I recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Dr. Raman Kohli's response
Thank you for the recommendation, which is the highest form of complement. I am glad you're treatment went well. I trust that by the "1" you meant number one as opposed to one star.

Submitted August 24, 2018

This guy does not know what he is doing. I look at the self written reviews and must comment. After doubting the recommendations of Dr Kohli I went to a second consultation at a general dentists and he told me to bail. I trusted my instinct. This guy is unbelievable.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

Dr. Raman Kohli's response
I am not sure why an individual who wants to criticize my work feels the need to try and discredit other patients comments to validate his/her own comment . I am glad you found the dental opinion you were looking for; there are some general dentists who are sufficiently versed in specialist care but you are probably better off just asking another periodontal specialist for a diagnosis and treatment plan just to be thorough.

Submitted August 20, 2018

Excellent and professional service! I would highly recommend Dr. Kohli.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

When I meet Dr. Kohli I was very comfortable with him and trusted him right away he did a wonderful job on my tooth and I would use Dr. Kohli again if I needed specialist work .He explained the procedure to me and even told me what to expect. He was very honest and said there would be pain for a few days. I had been referred to another periodontist before Dr. Kohli but we didn't connect so when I was sent to see Dr. Kohli I was on edge and very distrustful but he immediately put me at ease with his warm smile and explanation of exactly what he was going to do. I would recommend Dr. kohli to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Very thorough and honest. I went in because my dentist thought I needed gum grafting but Dr Kohli was knowledgeable to determine that it would have done more harm than good.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

Dr. Kohli is a rockstar. He is outstanding at what he does -- explains clearly and simply what is being done, creates an atmosphere of trust and calmness.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Kohli and his staff especially if you are nervous about dental procedures. I have had multiple procedures completed over the past 2 years. Dr Kohli is a highly skilled, knowledgeable and approachable professional. He takes the time to explain the procedures and answer your questions. I am very happy with the results and agree with the other positive reviews of his work. His staff are also very good especially Janet.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Dr. Raman Kohli and All His Staff are Very Professional and Helpful! Highly Recommend. I felt so comfortable with all of them 100%.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Dr. Raman Kohli's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Raman Kohli is certified as a Periodontal surgeon and is a diplomat of both the Canadian and American Boards of Periodontology. Dr. Kohli received his Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1990 from the University of Toronto. He practiced dentistry for thirteen years before switching gears to attend the renowned Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine, where he received his Masters in Oral Biology and Periodontology. During his studies, Boston University awarded Dr. Kohli the recognition of the top graduating resident in Periodontology. As an alumni of BU, he visits the Goldman School to lecture periodontal residents. Dr. Kohli has also been a guest lecturer for the specialty programs at the Universities of British Columbia, Manitoba and Toronto for the purpose of delivering his suturing program.

• English
  • Fiji Hindi
  • French

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1990)
  • Boston University (Grad. 2006)

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• Top graduating periodontal resident from Boston University

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Request an Appointment