Ratings for Dr. John T. Hart

Doc seems to know what he is talking about, but has a very cold and stoic personality. He does not participate with insurance, orders MANY tests not covered by insurance and tried to sell you supplements that are $70 a bottle. Be prepared to walk out of there and when all is said and done, spending $1,500 + out of pocket for the visit

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

I came to Dr. Hart with a laundry list of debilitating health issues going back 12 years. I had been given the "knee pat" treatment by other doctors for ages, while undergoing surgery and paying $$$ for Rx es that didn't help. Dr Hart nailed FOUR issues which were all then positively confirmed by bloodwork. Why had ALL of the other doctors missed these issues? Yes, my treatment will be complex & lengthy, especially since it has progressed for for so long, but I am thankful that I have Dr Hart patiently and expertly guiding me through this difficult (and unfortunately expensive - not HIS fault) process.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

I had been going to different doctors for years trying to find out what was wrong with me. At my first visit, Dr. Hart committed that he would try to find my underlying problem. And he did just that! I have Lyme disease and not one of the multitude of doctors ever tested me. I am still not 100% but I am so much better. Dr. Hart actually listens to you, and gives you a paper with a summary of what you discussed and what you your treatment protocol is. No other doctor takes the time to actually listen and treat the problem not the symptoms.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

I had been seeing Dr. Hart for several years for treatment of auto-immune disorder. I began to feel like a laboratory animal, constantly embarking on expensive and uncomfortable "Cures" which never worked and often left me feeling worse. I never left the office without being persuaded to purchase an over-priced supplement. I was in chronic pain, yet he minimized that which was pulling me apart physically, emotionally and spiritually. I believe he may have good intentions, but he will not treat symptoms. Instead, he searches for a silver bullet cure. If you are chronically ill and in pain - do not look for this dogmatic doc to help.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

Until now, I thought I was just going crazy with all of the illnesses in my life. During my first visit with Dr. Hart he listened, took notes, and just made me feel very comfortable. After a few visits we now know what is going on with my body and I am on my way to improved health. He was honest in telling me this is going to take some time, but I am more than willing. It is great to have a doctor who cares. I will add that he does not file with insurance companies so this makes it difficult financially. Thankfully my husband is able to help with this area.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2008

Dr. John T. Hart's Credentials

• Univ Of Va Sch Of Med, Charlottesville Va 22908 (Grad. 1977)

Harvard-Pilgrim