Ratings for Dr. Virginia R. Lupo

I had a poor experience with this Dr. Left a scar like someone had come at me with a chainsaw, told me she removed a body part only to find out I still had it some 7 years later (when the scarring from her surgery on said body part left me with a life-threatening condition). Still, she did save my life when I came into the ER - so that is certainly worth something.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

Dr. Lupo is an excellent Ob/Gyn. She does not sugarcoat the information, is proactive, and explains the situation as it is. Thanks to dr. Lupo, our three children were safely delivered despite high risk pregnancies with some complications.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Dr. Virginia Lupo has horrible bedside manner, she's very arrogant, and just tells you the way it is without giving you a chance to decide. I was at risk of miscarriage and Dr. Lupo diagnosed the problem and started me on treatment for it. Then when I was supposed to come in one time for treatment, the nurse called me and said that Dr. Lupo doesn't think I need this, because she doesn't think it's the problem. When I asked to talk to her, she said she had already left for her vacation!! An even BIGGER mistake was that she neglected to give me a necessary injection during pregnancy, which caused permanent damage and can significantly harm any babies I may carry in the future. Then she tried to cover it up: when I ordered my records about 80% of the information was gone!!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

A very arrogant person with lacking in compassion and bedside manner. She is suppose to be very knowlgeable but my expereince was very poor. I've heard of several people with bad experiences with her so maybe her old age is a problem.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

I had a very bad experience with this doctor. Probably the worst thing about her is her bedside manner. She is very harsh and unfeeling. She also missed what she should have been seeing several times with me and the nurse was the one who suggested a test to see if amniotic fluid was leaking. Lupo did not even think of it. When I was bleeding I called their office and was told it was normal and not to come in. I insisted on coming in and lo and behold I was in preterm labor leading to a preterm infant.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

Dr. Virginia R. Lupo's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1976)