Ratings for Dr. Dig Sung Lee

He was affiliated with an optical store in Markham years ago. He was always late, but he was so GOOD and efficient. Took only 2 minutes to exam the eyes and wrote a prescription. 2 minutes and you are out.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

There was a language issue however I was referred to him 13, years ago with what turned out to be a severely detached retina.. He got me downtown to St Mikes within 24, hours.. Though his office isn't the most modern, nor his communication skills the best, he made it VERY clear to me that I needed to get to Toronto immediately.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Dickson Lee and Dr. Dig Sung Lee are one in the same! RUN DON'T WALK .... RUN ..... I and others have had him reprimanded with the college of Physicians and Surgeons. He is a nightmare....

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

four charts open on his desk very unorganized closed his ajax to move back to his Whitby address which is accessible to persons with walkers etc. In fact that violates the accessible abilities act. N0 ramp very steep stairs. Poorly ventilated house. Incompetent doctor

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Don't know where my original comments went from 5 years ago. DON'T GO TO THIS MAN. I took action with the College of Physicians&Surgeons. He was found lacking and they cited other actions and complaints. I have documents. FOUR (4)exams on my son over several years. Each time said he had 20/20 vision. At age 16 he couldn't pass the eye exam for his drivers license. My son never knew he had bad eye sight until he got glasses at age 16. This guy is OUT TO LUNCH!!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

I would never go back to this man. He was rude, didn't answer questions, and manhandled me. Very unprofessional!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

This doctor is hard to understand. I've had to ask him to repeat what he's saying several times. He treated me with drops that I soon grew allergic to or would not lower the pressure enough. After a few months he referred me to a specialist. A year and a half later, I now have a failed implant, a cataract and side effects from 3 different drops. I wanted a referral to another specialist. His secretary was hard to deal with because she couldn't wrap her brain around referring patients to anyone else, but she finally booked an appt. When I saw him, he said that since one specialist had already done work on me, that no other doctor would treat me. He would not refer me to another Dr. and implied that the side effects of fatigue could be psychological. He recommended I contact the specialist again and not be completely honest about my situation so I could see him sooner than scheduled. I wich I had read the stories here before I saw him. None of these reports surprise me.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

My mother saw this Dr before I did and I thought she was exaggerating about how horrible he is. After waiting hours I had a field test done on old, DIRTY equipment. There were two men in the same room also having tests. I came close to fainting because of the extreme heat in the room and a severe migraine that had been aggravated by the tests. Without telling me he reclined the chair back and my top fell over my head leaving my bra showing for the two men in the room. He then tried to shove moldy chocolate from china down my throat to stop me from fainting. The chocolate had nuts in it and I am anaphylactic(deathly allergic to nuts). This is the worst Dr. of any kind that I have ever seen. I have never heard of three patients in the same room, and yes he openly talks about private medical conditions, meds, depressions etc...

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

Dr. Lee was unprofessional and had terrible bedside/doctor manners. This doctor was more interested in having me sign a petition (to allow Korean visitors into Canada without going through Hong Kong first) than he was in explaining my prescription. Are doctor's allowed to do this? I am going to my family doctor to request another opthomologist as my eye problem has not been fixed.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009