Ratings for Dr. Gerald A. Grant

I personally have not seen him, although I am just 16 I has Chiari malformation in 2009 when I was 10 with a 7.4 our neurosurgeon brushed it off didn't even tell us about it our family doctor finally told us 6 years ago I was very symptomatic and still am. I went for an MRI recently and it was 6.3 but I've been getting worse. My doctor has ask Dr. Rosner to check me out but today I found out that he don't see patients under 18! boy talk about frustration so we began to look around on the web and came across Dr.Gerald I am hoping that my doctor will let see him so I can finally have surgery and have my life back! As far as I can see from the reviews is that he is a good doctor I'm less nervous now. Thanks for taking your time to read this hope I get help soon!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr.Grant was amazing with our daughter after being tossed around from doctor to doctor he was finally able to locate the problem and fix it. I would recommend him to anyone ...*****

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr.Gerald Grant is the greatest. My son had a tree branch go through his skull, which left him with a grave TBI. Dr.Gerald Grant not only saved his life but gave him his life back.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013

He operated on me last summer and I have been seizure free for a year. He has really good bedside manner and is really great at answering questions. He also emails really quickly back if you have any questions post or pre surgery.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

I am 100% satisfied with our experience with Dr Grant!! My 16 daughter has seen numerous Dr's, Neurologists, Chiropractor, MD's, Pain specialists, and acupuncturist...It was found over a year ago that she had arachnoid cysts in the ventricle of her brain. She has suffered for years with persistent headaches/migraines and NOONE was willing and/or able to help her. We were told the cysts were not causing her pain and they kept prescribing meds...even very strong pain meds...she could not function. The last 9 months she suffered with debilitating headaches to the point where she was no longer to attend school, get her drivers license nor participate in "regular" teenage life!! Dr Grant has corresponded with me via email on many occasions and answered all of my questions. Dr Grant was EAGER to help my daughter...I thought "FINALLY, someone to help us!!!" Well, he fenestrated her cysts on Tues morning, she was discharged Wed evening and immediately she was able to see a MARKED improvement!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

Dr. Grant has been absolutely fabulous to our family! Our 2 year old has a Chiari I & central apnea as a result of pressure on her brainstem. The neurologist that originally gave us the diagnosis did NOT take this condition seriously & said that we only needed to be monitored 1X/yr. Dr. Grant has ordered additional studies which lead to the nature of her "breath holding" type episodes (incorrect diagnosis given by former pediatrician & neurologist); now diagnosed as being related to the central apnea. He is performing surgery on our daughter in a couple of weeks & I really think that we have found the perfect surgeon for her & her condition. He has also been so gracious to consult via email with us regarding the possibility that our older daughter may too be suffering from a Chiari. He is very QUICK to respond to his patients, their families, and any concerns. He works well as a team player ... especially if you are from out of town & trying to coordinate services & tests

flag | Submitted March 31, 2012

Dr. Grant has been patient with our questions, has answered them all no matter how long it takes and is incredibly humble for a man with his abilities and responsibilities.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

I had to wait for over 2 hours to see Dr. Grant. I have not had to wait to see a doctor for over an hour since I had to go to the emergency room about a year and a half ago.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr Grant is a God-send. After months and countless doctors who continually misdiagnosed my son, we finally found Dr Grant. Dr Grant recognized his Pseudo Tumor Cerbri and his chiari malformation. He tries to avoid surgery if possible but is willing to do surgery if the patient's pain and symptoms call for it. I wish many of the kids who suffer with PTC and Chiari could find Dr Grant and get the help me son has received.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

Dr. Gerald A. Grant's Credentials

• Stanford Univ Sch Of Med, Stanford Ca 94305 (Grad. 1994)