Ratings for Dr. Geoff Pratt

The below comment is exactly what I did! The hygienist was awful and the dentist told me I need two fillings. I never filled them, had anxiety about those cavities left, went to a dentist recently who did new x-rays and said my teeth looked perfectly fine. Hmmmm?

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

The dental assistant (or hygienist) at the front was really rude and talked down to me, I got the x rays (which were way too expensive for x rays) and never went back.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Had no issues with Dr. Pratt or his staff over a few years. He's retired now, so don't bother him...

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

My file was transferred to Dr. Pratt’s practice when my previous dentist retired suddenly. For the most part, I was pleased with Dr. Pratt and his assistants’ basic dentistry, although he tended to suggest appliances and unnecessary treatments. Unfortunately, over the years Dr. Pratt’s competent staff left the practice and he hired an assistant who is extremely arrogant and inept. (Example, she used the wrong fee code on three consecutive attempts at an insurance preauthorization and then inferred that it was somehow my fault. I later called Dr. Pratt attempted to resolve this problem of poor customer service; he defended her and seemed disinclined to follow up.) I hope that matters have improved and that Dr. Pratt’s patients are happy, but I won’t be back.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

I found it to be expensive and the receptionist is pushy and rude. I felt he was a little over eager to suggest work that didn't necessarily need fixing.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

Dr Pratt is a kind hearted and wonderful man. I have visited him over 20 times, and every time I was in for anything that was a fairly invasive treatment, I always had a dental dam. His calm demeanor, friendly staff, and gentle hand all make for an easy and painless experience.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

Dr. Pratt did an awesome job and made me feel very comfortable as I had a fear of dentists.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Dr. Pratt is a wonderful dentist. As soon as I entered his office I was greeted with friendly staff and a warm atmosphere. Although I was very nervous about the visit, Dr. Pratt made me feel comfortable by thoroughly explaining the procedure and calming any nerves that I had. I would highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Geoff Pratt is a nice-looking, nice sounding man. But he will look you straight in the eye and tell you with all seriousness that he can't do a silver filling in your mouth cause silver/mercury amalgam is "bad for you". (Also, he can't charge as much for them.) It is actually directly against the College of Dental Surgeons policy to not offer silver fillings if they are a possible indicated treatment. The worst part is, after selling you the white fillings, he then will do all your work with no dental dam, thus drilling all your silver mercury amalgam fillings into a fine metallic powder which is sprayed across the entire inside of your mouth, and also swallowed to some extent. He says it's fine. It's against the CDSBC's policy to not use a dental dam for fillings when possible. If you do choose to see this fellow (which I don't recccomend based on personal and professional experience), PLEASE ask for a dental dam, especially if you are drilling silver fillings. cdsbc.org

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

Dr. Pratt is an excellent Dentist - and I hate going to the dentist. He's very professional, polite and kind. He has a gentle manner. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009