Ratings for Dr. Randle S. Corfman

I went to MCRH after being a patient at two other well respected clinics in the Twin Cities. By the time we met Dr. Corfman, I had suffered five miscarriages and had yet to have been offered any sort of resolution. Dr. Corfman not only gave us hope, he offered a new diagnosis and plan of action. At the time I was not sure if I wanted to be pregnant again. He listened to my concerns and we debated the options. He even contacted a former colleague overseas to review surrogacy options. In the end, do to the confidence we had in Dr. Corfman and his team, my husband and I decided to do IVF with MCRH. We now have healthy, happy twins! We are forever grateful to Dr. Corfman and staff for their support and guidance.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

My husband and I spent 4 years trying to get pregnant. We told many times by different Drs to keep trying because we got married young. We finally found a Dr willing to run a few tests. One of which was a HSG. It was so painful I fainted on the table. When we finally found Dr. Corfman and his staff he told me its best if he did the HSG test again. I started crying thinking about the pain again. When the procedure was done there was the slightest cramping feeling and that was it. It was unbelievable in difference between the ways the HSG was done. Needless to say he set a plan in place and we have handsome twin boys. Two years after they were born we went back and now have another beautiful baby boy. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Corfman and is staff. I'm forever grateful.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

We started with Dr. Corfman in September and after five years of eying to conceive we are expecting in September. We would not be at this position in building our family had it not been for Dr Corfman and his amazing staff. They take wonderful care of you, call when they say they will, and allow you to feel hope that maybe you lost. We highly recommend Dr. Corfman at the Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

From the first consultation to the transfer, MCRH's care and professionalism has been above what we could have ever imagined! Doctor Corfman's honesty and knowledge gave us such peace and understanding about our situation. It is simply amazing how complex getting pregnant is let alone running a business that helps families achieve this. We always felt that we were their only patients and as though we were family! Thank you so much for the flexibility, honesty, professionalism, and fingers crossed a baby!! Thanks again to all of the staff for a wonderful experience!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

It is hard for me to even put into words the amazing level of care we received from Dr. Corfman and his staff. We will forever be grateful for their knowledge, understanding, and professionalism! Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

What an absolutely amazing staff, top to bottom, I can't say enough about this group! A-MAZING. They are all so kind and truly genuine. Dr. Corfman is one of the most patient/understanding doctors I have ever met. My little family will be forever grateful. Thank you, XO

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I had my visit in December. We went in because my husband had very boderline sperm count and we had been trying for 6-7 months. I had a child from a previous relationship the prior year. I got pregnant very easily 2 times before this so I thought it was my husband. I really can't explain how horrible the visit was. He immediately sat us down and took no time whatsoever to get to know us. We filled out paperwork beforehand about previous pregnancies but that was it. If he would have asked I would have told him that we were interested in IUI but again he wasn't interested in what we had to say. He immediately told me everything that could be wrong with me and what drugs I would probably start taking to get pregnant. I told him I did not believe anything was wrong with me and we were here about IUI and I did not think my husband had a good sperm count based on his sperm anaylsis. He said no his sperm are fine and the problem is you. He had zero of my medical records and I indicated no health problems. He then said I probably had PCOS and should get an ultrasound. He used my acne for one of the diagnosis criteria which isn't severe. After the ultrasound he said yes I have PCOS and gave me prescription for birth controls pills even though I told him 3 times I don't get a period for 9 months after taking them, metformin and $1400 worth of drugs I would take in a month and liver tests since all these drugs would of course destroy my liver. I asked if I could have a hormone panel since I have regular periods, ovulate normally and have no other symptoms of PCOS and he said no. I also asked if we could try IUI without me taking the drugs and he said no. I left thinking "did this really just happen." So I went onto trusty Facebook and asked why might I have cysts on my ovaries. Many people told me to look into iodine and selenium deficiency which I did. I took a 24 hour recall iodine loading test and yes I was deficient and high in bromide. I had just finished a pregnancy and breastfeeding and both deplete mineral and iodine stores. I started eating high mineral foods like oysters, sardines, liver, brazil nuts for selenium and started doing iodine topically. I did nothing he recommended and threw away his papers when I got home. My husband also did the same stuff. We got pregnant the next month and I just got the results back that I am having a boy with no chromosomal abnormalities that they tested for. I am sure he could have gotten me pregnant even though I had an iodine deficiency but I am SOOOOO glad he did not since iodine deficiency is the leading cause of mental retardation worldwide. Anyways I will give him one star since I did get pregnant the next month even though it wasn't by taking any of his drugs. If you are trying look into minerals and especially iodine and selenium. Iodine is a fertility drug in the animal industry. There are studies on sheep where 100% got pregnant within 9 months on iodine bolus dose compared to 33% of controls. And if your husband has iffy sperm RUN to another doctor who addresses that.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

My husband and I worked through both IUI and IVF with Dr. Corfman and his team over the past year. The entire staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. I appreciated being able to rely on their expertise during what is a very stressful and emotional process. It felt that they were truly invested in our treatment and willing to help in anyway they could. One of the hardest but best experiences was having Dr. Corfman pull us from IUI after a failed round based on our results. It was tough to hear that we weren't good candidates for the procedure, but I appreciated his decisiveness that kept us moving. I am happy to say that our first round of IVF has been successful so far and we are quickly approaching the end of the first trimester. Fingers crossed and we will be back when it's time to further expand our family.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

There are not enough words to describe the appreciation and thankfulness my husband and I have for Dr. Corfman and his staff! They made us feel comfortable, educated and optimistic from our first visit. Our initial consult was extremely informative – Dr. Corfman explained what he thought was going on that was preventing us from getting pregnant, what our options were, what our chances were, and what all of our next steps were. From that first meeting, there was no time wasted getting us started on fertility meds. Infertility is stressful and full of questions, Dr. Corfmans staff called me back regarding any question I had, and always made me feel like there was no such thing as a dumb question. Everyone in the office was friendly and warm and you truly felt like they cared about you and your future family. Lucky for us, we did one round of fertility drugs and are currently 17 weeks pregnant. I would recommend Dr. Corfman to anyone who battles with fertility issues!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

We couldn't be more happy and appreciative for the work Dr. Corfman and his staff did for us. We struggled for several years to get pregnant with our second child and thanks to Dr. Corfman we achieved this through IVF and delivered a beautiful girl this past November. Dr. Corfman and his staff were precise and very knowledgeable, using cutting-edge technology. They were extremely compassionate and always answered our numerous questions very promptly. When we initally met with Dr. Corfman, he listened to our concerns and drew up a plan. We ended up having to use IVF and everything was explained thoroughly to us before proceeding. We couldn't be more happy with our pick of this doctor and his staff to help us on our journey. I would highly recommend Dr. Corfman to help you with your needs.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Dr. Randle S. Corfman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Corfman is the Founder and Medical Director of The Midwest Center for Reproductive Health, P.A. (MCRH). A reproductive endocrinologist who is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Corfman earned his B.A. from Kansas Wesleyan University and his Ph.D. in biochemistry from Kansas State University. After obtaining his M.D. from the University of Kansas, he completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University Of Kansas School Of Medicine in Wichita, Kansas and a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Yale University. A recipient of the prestigious ACOG-Ortho Academic Training Award, Dr. Corfman has been able to combine his background as a research scientist with his medical background, to make him uniquely qualified and effective in the area of reproductive medicine. A pioneer in many aspects of reproductive endocrinology, infertility and assisted reproductive technologies, Dr. Corfman established the in vitro fertilization (IVF) and endoscopic gynecologic surgery programs at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He has been recognized throughout his career with many academic achievements and endorsements from his peers. Among his many awards, Dr. Corfman has been honored as Teacher of the Year for his love and gift of teaching by both Yale University and the Mayo Clinic. His unique ability to communicate difficult, complicated concepts in an effective, easy-to-understand way greatly enhances his patient's ability to make informed decisions regarding their own care. Dr. Corfman is also a published author of numerous scientific papers and textbooks in the area of reproductive medicine. He actively participates as a guest lecturer on aspects of reproductive biology and physiology in a number of colleges and universities, providing students with exposure to applications of ethics, biology and physiology in clinical medicine. More recently, he has perceived the need for reproductive health education at the high school level, developing active programs in several community high schools. A father of two grown children and a proud grandfather, Dr. Corfman thoroughly enjoys parenthood and finds it provides constant motivation to continue in his life's work in reproductive medicine, helping patients facing infertility to begin or expand their own family.

• English

• University of Kansas (Grad. 1983)
  • Yale University (Grad. 1989)

• Infertility
  • Female infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)

Top Hospitals in Maple Grove, MN