Ratings for Dr. Luis G. Echeverri

No respect for patients time. Want a surgeon with the "god" syndrome...this is your man.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr Echeverri did the quadruple bypass on my father. Other doctors , even a the medical center wee not willing to operate on him. He explained the procedure , talked about how serious it was , possible complications. We all felt confident. At the hospitals all the nurses and staff speak highly of him. My dad id very well, all care was excellent . We highly recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Echeverri operated on my mother and father. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field and very skilled. He is a straight shooter, does not sugar coat anything, so if you are looking for that in a doctor- I would not suggest visiting him. His office staff was amazingly helpful and caring. During my parents hospital stay every nurse and referring doctor that came and saw my parents reassured us that you are in the best hands with Dr. Echeverri. He by far is one of the best surgeons in Texas. There is something to be said about a doctor that wears jeans and cowboy boot and drive a truck! He's not pretentious just a great guy who loves what hew does!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I was admitted to the hospital for a stent procedure. Well it did not go well, the stent ruptured my artery and occluded, I had arrest in the Cath LAb. They called Dr Echeverri who took me to the OR on CPR , put me on the heart lung machine and did a quadruple bypass, I woke up in the ICU with tubes and machines. I wlake out of the hospital in less than a week. Every Christmas I dropped a thnak you note in his office. He saved my life.If you ask me , He's best cardiac surgeon in Houston. I hope one day he can join me to go deep see fishing for Marlin in Baja, I know he has got some Sails and Marlins in the Caribbean, but in Baja is monster fishing!! He's a great surgeon , but also a straight forward non-nonsense Texan man.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

Dr Echeverri fixed my Aneurysm. I was told it could not be done. I had surgery with the stent. I was out of the hospital in 2 days! Best cardiovascular surgeon. I came from out of town for this operation , and I will if I need anythong else to have him as my surgeon. Excellent office.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

I had a massive heart attack, made it to the Hospital and had cardiac arrest. Dr Echeverri, did a quadruple bypass and put an artificial heart that stayed on for over a week. My heart was too weak to make it. Once my heart recovered , he removed the artificial heart. This nice , handosme cowboy looking guy is the best cardiac surgeon. He is the man for the job.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

Excellent Cardiothoracic surgeon , very knowledgeable, confident. You feel that you are in good hands.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

A real surgeon. Straight shooter. presents things right to the point. Very knowledgable. He definitely knows what he is doing. One of the best cardiac surgeons in Houston. Very well respected by colleagues and nurses, i asked the anesthesiologist and several nurses "Who will you let to operate on your heart?" they all answered , "Dr Ech, hes our best surgeon"

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

Selected by referring MD for leg amputation. Extremely disrespectful to patient and family, dismissive of request for a second opinion. Contributed to injury of ulcerated foot during examination. May be a good surgeon, but is extremely condescending, arrogant, rough. Patient and family refused to allow him to perform surgery, but he continued to schedule it anyway -- process was stopped at the last minute before transportation to the OR by patient's advocate.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Luis G. Echeverri's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Nac De Colombia, Fac De Med, Bogota, Colombia (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal