Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Irwig

All of the negative reviews about this doctor are accurate. He is a waste of space and time. I like the previous reviewers use of the word flippant. That is exactly what he did with me. He did not even listen to my concerns and was so sure he knew what the situation was. This guy gets paid to do this and act like this. Meanwhile none of your problems have been addressed. Terrible doctor. Save time and money.......do NOT see him.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

One of the worst doctor visits of my life. Before even meeting with me, he sent in a depression checklist. And when he did finally meet with me and I told him that was not the issue, he was very flippant, condescending, and had already determined by reading my chart there was not a chance I had any type of endocrinological issue so the appointment was quickly over without even giving me a chance to articulate my concerns. Awful!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Just a colossal waste of time. Terrible doctor. He really needs to take a step back and take a look at himself and his ability to be a doctor. The internet helped me more than multiple visits with this mockery of healthcare

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Confirmed. A horrible doctor. A toddler could provide better care..........

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

He is a very Knowedageable Doctor, and he answers any questions that you may have.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Highly recommended... wonderful demeanor... trust his judgement

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Working in a clinic setting, he is not always totally "prompt." But from my experience, it was because he was giving others ahead of me the same thoughtful and non-rushed exams and chats that make him such a caring and personable doc. He also is quite knowledgeable, conducting and publishing research (some of which made it into high profile journals during the past 2 yrs). I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

I went to see Dr Irwig for transgender HRT. He was very insensitive and not at all knowledgeable about trans issues. He still relies on an outdated "gatekeeping" model that is transphobic and confrontational. In short a very bad doctor for any transgender people. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Wonderful doctor who works well with other members of the endocrinology team.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

Dr. Irwig has been my endocrinologist for over 3 years. He is a very thorough and knowledgeable doctor. He takes the time during our appointments to review and address any health issues that may affect my diabetes. I have never felt rushed through or ignored during any appointment. Overall I have been very happy with the care I have received from him and will continue to use him as my primary endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Dr. Michael S. Irwig's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 2000)