Ratings for Dr. Joel Dworkin

Terrible doctor, also a slimy pervert who has extramarital relations with his nurses. Beware

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

He spends less than five minutes with his patients

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

A joke!!!! Please do not make the mistake of seeing this Dr or letting any Dr refer you or your family to him!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

This Dr is terrible to put it mildly!!!! My wife was admitted with several pre existing conditions and had to wait in her room from transfer for hours before anyone even hooked her to the first medication... when she or I ever asked a question we were belittled and when asked about mistakes that were made that could have cost her, her life he would turn it around on us like it was our fault. We have never encountered a doctor that seems to never take any accountability for his actions, wants to be referred to as a God and considers himself far above anyone especially his patients. He has no bedside manner comes in and out of your room so fast you really don't know anymore than before he came in. Please beware not to let yourself or your loved ones get tangled up with this quack. I'm surprised he hasn't been involved in a malpractice lawsuit by now he is a danger!!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

This Dr is terrible to put it mildly!!! My husband was transferred to St Vincent Infirmary he was in serious condition and never even hooked to anything or even seen for over 4 hours after he was put into a room. Over the next several days he would come into our room in such a hurry and then leave we never knew any information about how my husband was doing nothing. Asking questions is a no no he will belittle you and when mistakes were made he never even attempted to apologize everything was always someone else's fault. My husband was misdiagnosed and almost died due to mistakes made on this Drs time!!! Please do not let Any dr refer you to him nor make the mistake of seeing him as a patient!! No compassion no accountability no bedside manner at all!!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Dworkin worked tirelessly to treat my daughter who was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis at age 11. He was there the night my daughter entered her 16 month journey in the hospital. He was good enough to provide me direct contact with him, and answered texts and phone calls at many different hours of the day and night...even when he was out of the country with family. He was forthright with his information- to the point of bluntness....which I personally appreciate. He stepped outside conventional methods to try and heal my girl- he was tenacious to say the least. Bedside manner? Well he wasn't Marcus Welby- but if asked a direct question he would answer and take time to explain- if you want great bedside manner, maybe he's not for you- but if you want a competent physician to advise you in a straightforward manner Dr. Dworkin is your doctor. Our family will always hold a special place in our hearts for him. I would trust my life and the life of my family to the man. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Ask for another doctor immediately. Dr. Dworkin likes to list himself as the primary doctor for patients, even when a specialist should be listed. This means he is the primary person making decisions about your care when it is not his specialty. He is arrogant, cocky and lies constantly to patients, staff and other doctors. He has no bedside manners and will not talk with patients and their families. I know of someone that he wanted to amputate her whole leg when she just needed a toe amputated and lied that her specialist did not want to see her and lied to her doctor. He constantly wants to put patients in Cornerstone, a private inpatient hospital within St. Vincents. He put my mother in Cornerstone then forgot to prescribe her the antibiotics that was the main reason for her being in there. He blames everyone else for his mistakes. Many staff members and doctors told me that my experiences were not an isolated incident and Dr. Dworkin is a constant problem. St. Vincents and all other hospitals need to get rid of Dr. Dworkin as a hospitalist. Each time you are admitted to the hospital make sure that he is not listed as your hospitalist.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Dr. Dworkin is an EXCELLENT and very knowledge doctor. Yes, he is a busy doctor, but that's because he is in high demand. Dr. Dworkin figured out my problem and as a result of his persistence, he SAVED MY LIFE. If needed, I will definitely use Dr. Dworkin in the future and recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Dworkin saw my FIL, 7 hours after he was medflighted in from a rural hospital. Once he finally arrived, he blamed everyone and anyone he could for his untimely response. Bad mouthed the medical exchange and said we should e appreciative b/c he "accepted" my FIL as a patient do he could be seen. Once he finally stopped bad mouthing and actually looked at his chart, he quickly rushed thru so he could start telling jokes. Totally unprofessional, rude, egotistical male. Will never ever refer anyone to him!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Dr. Dworkin was assigned as my doctor. In my opinion he is one of the best doctors in the Little Rock area... Yes he is a bit cocky but a great doctor.....

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr. Joel Dworkin's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Kaiser-Permanente