Ratings for Dr. Sally L. Smith

I love Dr. Smith. She is very thorough and caring. She is always concerned about my well-being and takes the time to listen and try to help me with whatever is going on. I've never had any issues with her at all in 8 1/2 years.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

She has to be the WORST doctor I have ever been to. Does not listen to patients, wants to charge for office visits EVERY time you need a prescription refilled. Actually changed my "long-term" med prescription to another med that made symptoms much worse. Do not use this doctor!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

I called to schedule a routine appointment for a med check, and my normal doctor was out of town, so I was schedule with Dr. Smith. When she came in, there was an air of arrogance that followed her. She then proceeded to give me her thoughts on contraception, which were unwanted and unneeded. Followed by, "I can't tell you and your husband how to live your lives." All this to say, she fabricated something she believed to be true and told me she would not refill my prescription. About 10 minutes after I left, the staff called me apologizing for the doctors terrible bedside manner and told me one of her partners would write my prescription. I would never recommend this doctor to ANYONE. Its bad enough unsuspecting patients have to see her, hopefully this reaches you before you waste your time, money and sanity.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

In our search for a family physician, my husband and I attempted to interview Dr. Sally L. Smith. We made it emphatically clear when making the appointment that we were not ill and were strictly coming to see if we thought Dr. Smith might be a good match for us. Dr. Smith seemed unaware of the purpose of our office visit. Over 30 minutes were wasted by a nurse taking our current physical history; another 30 minutes were wasted waiting in the “cube” for Dr. Smith. Once she arrived, she insisted on addressing each of us one at a time as if we were there with some malady. She claimed she was flexible but she rigidly imposed her inflexible structure throughout the meeting. She was evasive and defensively refused to forthrightly answer questions. She disliked being “subjected to a barrage of questions” (direct quote). If she can’t/won’t answer questions when we’re well, will she answer questions when we’re ill? We didn’t think so and we will continue our search.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

More than once she mis-diagnosed and made us buy expensive medications that we did not need. In all the visits she was in a hurry and seemed to avoid answering any questions. Only once she (actually her nurse) changed her mind in the middle of an after hour phone call and sent our daughter to emergency. That was a good decision, That is why I gave her 2 in knowledge instead of 1.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

Dr. Sally L. Smith's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1989)