Ratings for Dr. Arlene Ruriko Holek

This person should lose her medical license. Truly unprofessional. To be able to take someones license with no proof of medical back up is unreal. I hope she gets a better personal life so she can be a better doctor with a better bed side manner.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

A TRUE nightmare!! She also threatened to take my driver's licence while I have been certified with 20/20 vision. Why ??? does she do that???? I was able to stop the driver's licence cancellation fast and effectively and costly with the Ministry (who have a special form for it at the Drive Test Center at Kenora Rd Hamilton !!) supported by a professional optometrist's evaluation. Very costly since she smartly had used up the Ontario health support by placing timely appointments. That had to be done extremely fast to stop her. A true nightmare - and costly. Again ... Why ??? does she do that? I consider her equipment faulty even with scratches on the periferal test. I have excellent periferal vision and told her so but she said it wasn't even a periferal test but made me do it over again (of course on a new appointment) upon which I really saw the scratches. When she threatened to take my licence, there was absolutely nothing on the usual lettered screen for me to see and her back was turned to it and to me. She is not an optometrist nor optomologist, just an MP. If anyone would start a class action against her I would be first to join. Though I felt her staff to be excellent and courteous and punctuality doesn't matter in this case, I gave it only a one 'Star' because I believe her staff also knows full well of other customers' responses not to mention her rudeness. The first question when you arrive at her practice is 'Have you since spoken to another eye doctor? Guess why ?!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I guess I'm yet another patient to have had her unnecessarily cancel my drivers license ! Definitely would not recommend !!!!! 😠

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

My favourite doctor. I have been seeing her since 1989 and it she is genuinely interested in helping people. The drug companies will not be too happy, because she is not a pill pusher. She gives me advice using things I have at home and cares how much the treatment will cost me. She only suggests surgery or pills when needed. This doc does shoot from the hip though, which some people might not like, but I like that she is forthright.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Dr. Holek is very professional person as she thoroughly provided options for consideration with my eye care. She and her staff are very pleasant as they go through the steps of offering their services in a genuine manner. Should you be true to yourself and look for honest assessment , I highly recommend Dr. Holek. I was having trouble admitting to some changes that were needed and now glad I followed her recommendations.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

STAY AWAY FROM DR. HOLEK !I only wish I had thought to google her before keeping my appt. I read with great interest the many negative comments! I thought I was the only one !She contacted the Ministry to suspend my license without saying a word to me. I received the Ministry' notice and immediately went to my optometrist who confirmed that there was absolutely no change in my prescription from 4 years earlier!! Following all steps requested by the Ministry I am still awaiting word that my license has been reinstated. This could be 30 business days !STAY AWAY FROM DR. HOLEK !!!!I'm sorry to even have to give one star !😡

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

I was recommended to her for an eye problem and she was condescending, and transcribed really slowly as I spoke. She is not interested in hearing of the history of your reason for being there but she wants to reinvent the wheel all by herself! She also thinks she is a psychiatrist too! She is combative, assumptive, tunnel-visioned and comes up with the dumbest things as her findings. She dismisses what the patient has to say and forces herself and her opinion on you. She is condescending and I agree with many of the other comments...SHE IS AN ORNARY OLD WOMAN! Please get your GP to send you elsewhere because I guarantee she will rub you the exact way she has rubbed everyone else. I thought I was imagining this but when I see these, I am convinced she is a quack! AN ARROGANT WOMAN FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON....

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

This Dr. is very unprofessional and NO MANNERS at all. I wonder why this kind of medical professionals are allowed to practice here in Canada?

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Extremely rude & condescending ! Unacceptable behaviour for a Health Care professional & I will not be returning to complete my visit!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Was pleasantly surprised this visit. I have been a patient for years and have continued to see Dr. Holek even when my work transferred me to a city which is over an hours drive away. I know there are doctors closer to where I live, but when you find someone who is down to earth and calls things as she sees them, you don't want to give them up. I always have to pay for my appointments because I am generally healthy, but when I told the receptionist that I was out of work, she said the doctor charges a lower rate for patients not covered by insurance. I haven't had many breaks lately. It was nice to know some willing to be compassionate when your luck has run out. My eye exam was carefully done as usual and she gave me some tips on how to save some money on my new glasses. It's a good feeling when someone has your back.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013