Ratings for Dr. Howard B. Heidenberg

Dr. Heidenberg - himself, is an amazing doctor with phenomenal intellect and a wonderful bedside manner. His staff on the other hand is horrid! From the front staff to the nurses- they are inattentive and disregarding. Forget the possibility of a return phone call regarding antibiotic medication refills even when you and your pharmacy have each attempted contact a MINIMUM of 8 times each time you need a refill. Contact has been attempted with phone calls, voicemails, faxes, and even emails sent from whomever answers the phone because they certainly won't allow you to leave a message directly for Dr. Heidenburg or provide an email address for you to use. It's like the staff works harder to keep you from decent service than they do to provide the service they were hired for. How hard is it to return a phone call? When finally on the phone with a nurse for an antibiotic medication refill, they assume much and don't care to ask questions; let alone respond to the questions you ask. They disregard the years of patronage you've been paying to Dr. Heidenberg (because he is so amazing) and decide they simply must know better as to what you do and don't need. And that's just trying to contact them before your appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, don't expect to be seen within an hour of your appointment time. Not because they were so busy that they were backed up, but simply because they forgot about you despite your physical body sitting in the waiting room. After more than 10 years of seeing this really great doctor, I'm done! Utterly exhausted by his staff and so I refuse to continue any longer. It is so sad that years of poor staff can drive clientele from such an outstanding doctor.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I like a doc, this review is intended solely for his staff, which in my opinion are utterly worthless. It is impossible to get a call into this office. There is a voice recording you receive "this office takes lunch between 12 and 1:30, please call back after 1:30." The funny thing is that can call at 1140 or 1:45 and get the same recording. Or call 20 minutes before they "close" and they have the "after hours recording." This might be OK but there is no way to leave a message. It is unreal frustrating, please don't claim to hold hours when you don't intend to.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Everything was good enough except for the wait! I had an appointment at 12:10 and didn't get seen until nearly an hour later

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

In the past two weeks I have been to two walk in clinics, 3 ER visits, seen an obgyn, another urologist, and then I finally saw Dr Heidenberg. He was able to pinpoint all of my problems that nobody else could, and he wants to get to the bottom of it all rather than just cover up the current pain. His office staff was more than amazing and accommodating. I can't say enough about this Dr.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

The office of this doctor was a mess, I waited a lot of time and he wasn't updated pretty well about my latest results. Overall I won't recommend this doctor, he seems like a well prepare doctor (knowledgeable) but has a serious problem remembering patients and their particular case.You feel you don't have his attention at all and that in a doctor is not acceptable.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Dr Heidenberg is amazing. I have IC and had been in a lot of pain and was very scared and concerned that I would be this way the rest of my life. I saw Dr Heidenberg quite often and he always was so supportive and caring. We came up with a treatment plan together and found something that worked for me. I also had surgery with him and when he came in the waiting room to talk to my family after the surgery his bedside manner was so amazing...the entire waiting room came over to my family to ask who he was. I HIGHLY recommend him. I wish more doctors were like him.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

Dr Howard Heidenberg is not only a great Doctor but is a real nice guy. Highly recommend. I have never waited over 30 min. for an appointment even when he worked me in when he was 4 weeks out.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2009

Dr. Howard B. Heidenberg's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1982)