Ratings for Dr. Steven Kahn

Does nothing but push pills. Puts no effort info actually solving problems and instead just throws medicine at the problem instead of trying to find the root and provide treatment.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Maybe he has changed, everybody. He took a long time with me, was full of empathy and was non judge mental and compassionate to my unique situation, when he could have very well ran over top of me. But he didn't. I give him an A. He's very punctual, a good listener, focused and has outstanding secretaries. I think the doctor is very respectful, also.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

I must agree completely with all of the above reviews!He is horrible, nothing but a pill pusher, only see you for five minutes and changes your meds every week, not ever giving anything actual time to work, hence I have been on so many different meds without any knowledge if they may have worked for me or not! Also, if you ask him to call in a prescription, he takes that out of you 5 minute time and does it while you are supposed to be meeting with him! When I left him for a new doctor he refused to give me back my own chart that I had given him myself, would not give it to my husband when he went in to ask for it, would not give it to my new doctor either!!! This man should not be in practice.....he is EVERYTHING you do not want in a doctor, especially when you are suffering from mental health issues, and are at your most vulnerable state of mind!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Kahn for several years. He has really done nothing but push med after med, without taking into consideration that I have no health insurance. Some of the meds he has pushed are just too expensive. He rarely gives any decent reasoning for his prescriptions, sometimes his choices seem random. In addition to the meds, if he is 5 minutes late to take me in for a 15 minute appointment, he'll try to rush me out after 10 minutes as if it was my fault - constantly staring at the clock. He really has no "bedside manner" whatsoever, and does not take an interest in me as an individual patient with individual needs or issues. The only person in his office with a worse attitude towards the patient is his secretary, who is almost always needlessly hostile on the phone, if you can even get her on the phone.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr. is not focused on you only the $$. He is quick to push meds as a solution to everything. Disappointing to see that approach as he graduated from UConn Med school. In all due respect, he needs something to get him motivated and more atuned to what the patient is feeling.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2013

Dr. Kahn is Clueless when it comes to medical treatment options with patients.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

Didn't feel like he cared about what I had to say. No empathy, and very dry mannerisms that come across insulting. Has a sense he is better than his patients. Always goes on vacation. Stay Away!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2010

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

Dr. Steven Kahn's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Meriden, CT