Ratings for Dr. Robert P. Radin

Dr. Radin is possibly the most arrogant, condescending man I have ever met. He tried to end my hour-long appointment after only 15 minutes one time. When I try to talk to him about any issue whatsoever he makes rude remarks and laughs. He complains to me every single time we talk about how much he hates my insurance and how grateful I should be that he is willing to talk to me. I am desperately looking for another psychiatrist who will accept my insurance. I get such bad anxiety about going to his office but I have to for my prescription.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Dr. Radin is very greedy and not at all about caring for patients. I had the worst experience seeing him and really regret trusting him.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. Radin is highly professional, empathetic and perceptive. He sees beyond the obvious and helps me to realize what was previously unknown to me. He is also very knowledgeable about medications.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Radin charged me $25 per call to my insurance company, something that's in his job description. This ON TOP of my insurance deductible. I owed him well over $150 after my SECOND visit. Awful. Doesn't return calls, never emails when he says he will, and he's rude. Just rude. VDHP is going to have a field day with this guy.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

I have never met a more arrogant, condescending psychiatrist, he is very abrupt, blunt and rude. He has no people skills or compassion, how can this man be in the business of helping people with mental and emotional issues. He is very impatient and he asked me whether I was slow mentally, that is that I was stupid?!!! I have never been so insulted. I also had to cancel our appointment, 72 hours in advance, he called me back to say he doesnt allow cancellations, that he is not a clinic. I am glad to say I will not see him again and do not recommend him to anyone needing a compassionate doctor. Only chose him because he was the only available dr able to see me within two weeks, now I know why? He should be out of business with his attitudes

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I think Dr. Radin is mis-understood. I've been seeing him for 5 years now and can see while some may find him a bit cold at first. I personally like to challenge him and be challenged by his perspective on things. I think a lot of doctors in this field will simply follow a formulaic approach while he is blunt and attempts to get to the bottom of issues. It does take a bit of self-confidence to work with him, but once you get past his mannerisms, he can be extremely helpful and will research things and work with you to find solid solutions. Very knowledgable in his field and someone you can be quite frank with and even directly question his own analysis. He is not always spot on with his assessments, but is willing to put his ego aside when you challenge him, and quite frankly, bring out the best of what he has to offer.

Submitted June 14, 2011

Wow. I called to schedule an appointment as a new patient who just moved to the state. I explained that I found his name through my insurance company, and he informed me I must be wrong because he had never heard of them. Then he said "I don't have time to talk to you anyway" and hung up on me. Incredibly rude. Suppose it's for the best, as I can't exactly see myself opening up to someone so insensitive about my psychological issues. I can only imagine how he must treat his patients.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

I wasted a lot of my very hard earned money visiting this man. He is probably in my top five of the most rude, insensitive, condescending, arrogant, disrespectful and down right nasty people I have ever encountered. It's a true shame this man is a doctor that is in the business of "helping" people. He didn't help me at all and simply took all of my money. He only accepts cash and is a nightmare when it comes to handling insurance. I ended up paying for 2 visits out of pocket because of his incompetence handling insurance. Many of my paid visits were spent sorting out insurance and payment matters with 5 minutes of talk time left over. On numerous occasions he would even call me names. On the last occasion this occurred I simply got up and walked out in the middle of his sentence. He did nothing for me except waste my time and money. I was nothing but respectful, open, and honest to this man; in search of some help. He couldn't have been any more rude and nasty with me.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

I don't understand the negative reviews...I've seen over 5 different psychiatrists for my (serious, but treatable) mental condition over the years, and he is by far the best. He can be a bit gruff over the phone, but is friendly and kind in his office. I believe that he is extremely knowledgeable; also, according to the framed diploma in his office he went to Cornell. Dr. Radin even discussed my case with other psychiatrists in an attempt to determine my diagnosis (strangely, even after all these years, it's not clear what my exact diagnosis is.) Finally, this may sound odd, but he has had a way of making me think positively about my strengths. I feel that his tendency to highlight my good qualities is helpful both in establishing rapport and in improving my self-esteem. I'm sure that sounds odd, but I think it really is important for any psychiatrist to be kind, positive, and competent. Dr. Radin has been all of these things.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

He is extremely knowledgeable, but also incredibly arrogant and condescending. He was extremely close to where I live which is why I chose him initially, but after seeing him four times I decided I had no rapport with him, and he couldn't help me. He doesn't seem to care much for developing a trusting relationship with his patients, and is almost confrontational when it comes to getting information. He has no secretary and doesn't take credit card which in and of itself is not a big deal, but he is almost completely apathetic when it comes to helping you file your insurance. If you have a very straightforward problem with a straightforward solution he may be able to help you, but if you need to develop a relationship with your doctor to deal with an ongoing illness, this just isn't your guy.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Dr. Robert P. Radin's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1967)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington, VA