Ratings for Dr. Lori Laughland

Very hard to schedule an appointment and when I do get in, I do not always get what I need regarding the right medication and attention

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

This doctor engages in unprofessional conduct according to the rules and guidelines set out by the College of Pharmacists and Physicians. She talks with other doctors and predisposes them to form biased opinions on a person not relating to the reason for the referral. A doctor in a clinic called her about me after he behaved in a very unprofessional manner behind closed doors. This doctor has very poor ratings and many incidents similar to my own. He called my doctor, which the College of P and P told me was not permitted and gave what must have been his biased and ditorted version of the incident. I believe he was trying to cover up his unprofessional behaviour and do maximum damage. Dr. Laughland was quite rude on my next visit and she herself passes on her ditorted opinion on things not related to my reason for the referral when she makes a referrals to specialists, as some of the doctors also behave unprofessionally; however there are doctors who do not let this type of behaviour by Doctor Laughland affect their judgement or professionalism . Dr. Laughland also discusses patients with her staff as I can hear her through the door. She also reprimandeds her staff in front of patients. Due to her unprofessional actions I choose not to go to her. Quite a few of my family have passed away from cancer and I have some issues that should be monitored and I am over 60 ( after seeing her for a few years she noted with surprise how old I am. I found it concerning that after all that time she did not know how old I was especially with my family history and the higher incidence of some health issues after a certain age). She is reluctant to do full testing and said, You'll know if you have cancer because you will loose weight.". I was shocked because that usually means the cancer is quite advanced and three of my family members did not loose weight but they lost their battle for life. It also took a year before their physicians took their reasons for going to the doctor seriously enough to do more tests. in addition to her unprofessionalism, Dr. Laughland also seems lax in being proactive. It was demoralizing having her as a physician and her handling of the other physician's inappropriate behaviour is her blindly supporting something she could not possibly know the full facts of. It is 'clique' behaviour and using her Doctor degree to hide behind to a false sense of credibility even though the College of Parmacists and Physicians says it is not acceptable or ethical behaviour.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

She’s been my dr since 2012 when my heath started to deteriorate, very knowledgeable, friendly, and explains in a way I can understand!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

The staff is unwilling to accommodate me with the times I can see the doctor I’m trying to rebook my physical and they want me to make an appointment to have Lori make me an appointment to see her A lot of double dipping going on Yet they can cancel on me with a days notice which actually led to me breaking my knee cap

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Terrible service. Terrible service. Terrible service.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

She was awesome! She was very knowledgeable and helped me through my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

I think Dr. Laughland is great. When meeting with her, I don't feel rushed, she listens to my concerns attentively and has me come in regularly for follow-ups. She is a kind, caring doctor. There's usually a 20-30 minute wait - even when showing up on time for a scheduled appointment. I don't imagine that's the Dr.'s fault (they're probably swamped), but it would be nice if appointment starts were more punctual. That's my only criticism.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Her staff are a joke. They are a true reflection of her as a person.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

The WORST experience with this Doctor. Sent me home with an ultrasound requisition with the words in large BOLD print at the top.. "14 weeks pregnant- no heartbeat." Not once did she reassure me, tell me that it might be ok... nothing. Just sent me out and told me to go to the hospital first thing in the morning. I went. And heartbeat was just fine. She was too incompetent to find it and her bedside manner was disgusting. The teenagers it seemed to work the front office were unprofessional in their attire and their ettiquite. I was only assigned to her once pregnant and THANKFULLY, got into a midwife so I could avoid her. This isn't even my only issue I had to deal with, with her. Horrible. 0 out of 10.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Laughland is an amazing Doctor. Unfortunately I can't say that regarding her staff. The girls at the front desk are very rude and to be honest, if she had more staff maybe the girls wouldn't be so stressed out.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016