You may also like

When you call to make an appointment the staff acts like you are a bother. They are not at all personable. The address listed for the doctor is not true for all patients. He's listed on Wilshire but the appointed facility is in Hawthorne. This place has the feel of a clinic. The space is shared by who knows how many other physicians. The waiting room is small. the exam rooms are a joke. The one I was in had no sink and the exam bed did not have any cloth or paper covering. This allowed me to see the rips with the stuffing bulging out. It was quite obvious that these rooms were used for a transient purpose. The doctor spent a very brief time with me. It was the insurance standard of less than 10 minutes per patient. He is very detached and has the personality of a wet blanket. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

The staff here make this doctor's experience AWFUL. Do not go here if you have anything urgent to attend to - they will waylay you for days if not weeks. They refused to send paperwork into my insurance provider, lied about sending approvals in and when caught did not apologize or offer to hasten paperwork. Unbelievably rude, but worse, these delays can cause long-term damage that you could feel for a lifetime, simply because you were not attended to in a timely fashion. Dr. O'Brien was decent enough but I can't say much beyond that because he only saw me for 5 minutes before suggesting an MRI. However, if this is who he chooses to have represent him at his front desk, I worry about the quality of his care. Staff may not seem important, but believe me, when you have to go to an orthopedic surgeon you want to be taken care of with respect and with haste.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

He seemed completely disinterested. I was in excruciating back pain and spasm. He prescribed MRI (performed elsewhere) but 10 days later STILL has not returned my call to discuss results. I had to get MRI report faxed to my house and discuss with a new doctor!! Staff seems uncaring and disorganized. No one returns messages, despite promises!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

Doctor never returned phone calls, never appeared after surgery, very rude to family members. Most unprofessional and unethical physician I have ever encountered. Please, find another surgeon!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

There are many other orthopedic doctors close by that I think are better. Skip this one.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

Dr. Walter R. O'Brien's Credentials

• Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Kansas City Ks 66103 (Grad. 1981)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=872681'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.2

February 6, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Walter" to "Walter R."

April 8, 2012