Ratings for Dr. S.G. Scott

I do believe that Dr. Scott has a lot of experience in her field. I did not find her to be very compassionate, actually the opposite, very accusatory. She is very blunt and doesn't seem worried if that is hurtful. I was told by my GP that this is the very best facility in Canada, perhaps but I would not recommend Dr. Scott.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I have never met such a horrible doctor and person in my entire life. She has zero compassion for patients undergoing stressful times. She mocked my husband and me when we asked for clarification on treatment options saying that we should be able to understand her medical jargon because we seem to be better educated than a grade 4 child. We will never come to this clinic! Please stay away from her. She is a monster.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

This doctor should not be practicing medicine let alone be a fertility doctor. Women coming to her are in a very vulnerable state as it is and she has zero compassion or empathy. She is the rudest doctor I have ever had. She went to do an exam on me and couldn't find my uterus of all things! In trying to find my uterus she almost tore me apart as she was getting more and more frustrated with herself. When I began to scream out in pain she started yelling at me to relax and that the pain was all my fault because I was moving around too much. I couldn't believe it. I wrote a letter complaining about this incident and her to the director of the clinic and he did nothing. I can't believe they still allow her to work there - especially seeing that my experience with her wasn't isolated. My experience with her was traumatic - even more traumatic because the director could not guarantee that I would never be seen by her again - and I had to see her a few more times in my treatment. It was horrible. By the way - I went through 2 rounds of IVF, got pregnant but then miscarried. I was told that because of my age I would never be able to have children of my own. But at 45 I got pregnant naturally without IVF and drugs - completely a miracle. The baby is due in September. Whatever IVF doctors!!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Horrible Horrible Horrible experience. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a while and have been told by other doctors there is a slim chance but they will help me. I met Dr. Scott and she was very rude and it felt like she judged us right away. Reading some of the other comments it seems as though it wasn't personal. That's just the person she is. She should not be a doctor for a fertility clinic if she is this miserable. It seemed like she was just reading off a script when she was talking to us and looking down and writing what she was saying. She didn't look at us or ask us questions. She looked at my first chart and went off with only that saying I don't have any eggs and the only way I can have kids is to adopt or have someone else's eggs as a donor. I kept asking her to look at my most recent tests because I have done 3 more blood work and ultrasounds since then and she wouldn't listen to me. Saying she has been a doctor for X amount of years and she is experienced. At the end, she realized she was wrong. She didn't apologize, just said she would ask for the results and she just got up and left when she was done. She didn't say anything to us. I had to ask my husband if we were done? Dr. Scott should not be a doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

While Dr. Scott is knowledgeable in her field, treating people with respect is not a forte of hers. As someone who has physical and sexual abuse in her past (something that I disclose with all of my doctors), I expect that person to have a level of care and gentleness. You don't have to be a shrink to have empathy and to regard someone's body as their own and sacred. I was treated as a scientific study instead of as a human being. Patients have the right to say what they need and to demand to be treated well by their doctors.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

After two years of trying to have our second child and three miscarriages we were referred to Dr.Scott. First impression was that she was abrubted and had very little bed side manners. After a year of appointments, tests and two more miscarriages we are 12 weeks along in a very healthy pregnancy. Dr. Scott is a very talented repro doctor, she knows her stuff. As we got to know dr Scott we found her to be very caring, she answered all of our questions and was very concerned and encouraging throughout all of our treatments. There were times that I had to wait for my appointment, but have you ever gone to any doctor and not waited? When your seeing the best you have to wait. I would recommend Dr. Scott!!!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

I found Dr. Scott to be extremely cold and abrupt. She has absolutely no bedside manner and no patience for any kind of pain. I once said "Ouch" during a procedure and she actually came over to me and hissed "You're going to have to decide right now if you're serious about this procedure or not!!!" There is no excuse for talking to someone like that, even just on a human level. I loved all the staff at the clinic and do take into account the fact that they are dealing with hormonal women. But Dr. Scott is way beyond. She is so rude. My husband was furious at the way she treated us. But of course you cannot complain at the time because you are already feeling so desperate and vulnerable. I agree with the other post on here, if she were running any other type of practice she would have been shut down long ago.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

my bad luck I had and she was worst dr I've ever seen she that I have zero chance to concieve but i got pregnant four times.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

this doctor performed a HSG on me and was very rude! The reason I was having this procedure was due to pain and when she was doing the procedure I was having a lot of pain and pretty much told me to suck it up. I was not impressed with her bed side mannor

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

In eight months we've met with Dr. Scott twice. The clinic did not address any of our concerns. The receptionist is very rude and has actually refused to let us speak to our doctor or to the manager. But seeing as they're the only fertility clinic in town, I don't think things will change anytime soon. This has been one of the worst experiences we've ever had.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010