Ratings for Dr. S.G. Scott

This doctor has shown zero emotion and basically looks like going through the motions. When people come to fertility clinic they feel already down and helpless, so don't need a doctor who suppose to help to judge us. Her comments very rude and judgemental. When I ask to clarify she said her granddaughter understands these basic concepts. Her granddaughter is not under stress (financial, physical etc). So those comments just uncalled for. Most of the nurses I talked to seem to care very little as well, but sound friendly when asking for money. I did speak with one wonderful nurse but overall impression of clinic is not the best. I know we are lucky to have this almost free service, but do we have to be treated like we did something wrong all the time??

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. Scott was doing an internal ultrasound for my fertility treatment. This was my first time having her as my RE. She seemed rather ill informed regarding the EPP treatment for infertility, showed no compassion and offered little guidance. All of the other Dr.'s at the Regional Fertility clinic have been amazing, I hope that I do not see her again, she crushed my confidence and hope in this cycle.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

People have different personalities, and so do doctors. Dr.Scott can be a little too matter of fact for her to be rated well by people who don't appreciate certain kinds of natural personality differences. Not everyone is smooth and charming with people. That takes a certain social manipulation, and a certain degree of "white lies". My first impression of her years ago wasn't fabulous -- she and a student were doing a follicle count and it was the first time I met her, and she asked why I was freezing my eggs, and when my answer did not feature "cancer", she looked very surprised and said, "it's not cancer?" I think now it was just genuine surprise, and not everyone tempers their reactions. Egg vitrification was not commonly used then except as a last hope for cancer patients to preserve fertility. More recently, she was the only doctor who listened to me when I was getting a painful treatment and needed an effective painkiller, and explained that their painkiller of choice has no effect on me. I think she could tell I am no drug seeker and she prescribed something that actually did work. She also had hope that the treatment would eventually do its job where others had given up hope and destined me for surgery. So she can be as honest as she wants to me. She's very smart and makes good decisions.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I do believe that Dr. Scott has a lot of experience in her field. I did not find her to be very compassionate, actually the opposite, very accusatory. She is very blunt and doesn't seem worried if that is hurtful. I was told by my GP that this is the very best facility in Canada, perhaps but I would not recommend Dr. Scott.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I have never met such a horrible doctor and person in my entire life. She has zero compassion for patients undergoing stressful times. She mocked my husband and me when we asked for clarification on treatment options saying that we should be able to understand her medical jargon because we seem to be better educated than a grade 4 child. We will never come to this clinic! Please stay away from her. She is a monster.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

This doctor should not be practicing medicine let alone be a fertility doctor. Women coming to her are in a very vulnerable state as it is and she has zero compassion or empathy. She is the rudest doctor I have ever had. She went to do an exam on me and couldn't find my uterus of all things! In trying to find my uterus she almost tore me apart as she was getting more and more frustrated with herself. When I began to scream out in pain she started yelling at me to relax and that the pain was all my fault because I was moving around too much. I couldn't believe it. I wrote a letter complaining about this incident and her to the director of the clinic and he did nothing. I can't believe they still allow her to work there - especially seeing that my experience with her wasn't isolated. My experience with her was traumatic - even more traumatic because the director could not guarantee that I would never be seen by her again - and I had to see her a few more times in my treatment. It was horrible. By the way - I went through 2 rounds of IVF, got pregnant but then miscarried. I was told that because of my age I would never be able to have children of my own. But at 45 I got pregnant naturally without IVF and drugs - completely a miracle. The baby is due in September. Whatever IVF doctors!!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Horrible Horrible Horrible experience. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a while and have been told by other doctors there is a slim chance but they will help me. I met Dr. Scott and she was very rude and it felt like she judged us right away. Reading some of the other comments it seems as though it wasn't personal. That's just the person she is. She should not be a doctor for a fertility clinic if she is this miserable. It seemed like she was just reading off a script when she was talking to us and looking down and writing what she was saying. She didn't look at us or ask us questions. She looked at my first chart and went off with only that saying I don't have any eggs and the only way I can have kids is to adopt or have someone else's eggs as a donor. I kept asking her to look at my most recent tests because I have done 3 more blood work and ultrasounds since then and she wouldn't listen to me. Saying she has been a doctor for X amount of years and she is experienced. At the end, she realized she was wrong. She didn't apologize, just said she would ask for the results and she just got up and left when she was done. She didn't say anything to us. I had to ask my husband if we were done? Dr. Scott should not be a doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

While Dr. Scott is knowledgeable in her field, treating people with respect is not a forte of hers. As someone who has physical and sexual abuse in her past (something that I disclose with all of my doctors), I expect that person to have a level of care and gentleness. You don't have to be a shrink to have empathy and to regard someone's body as their own and sacred. I was treated as a scientific study instead of as a human being. Patients have the right to say what they need and to demand to be treated well by their doctors.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

After two years of trying to have our second child and three miscarriages we were referred to Dr.Scott. First impression was that she was abrubted and had very little bed side manners. After a year of appointments, tests and two more miscarriages we are 12 weeks along in a very healthy pregnancy. Dr. Scott is a very talented repro doctor, she knows her stuff. As we got to know dr Scott we found her to be very caring, she answered all of our questions and was very concerned and encouraging throughout all of our treatments. There were times that I had to wait for my appointment, but have you ever gone to any doctor and not waited? When your seeing the best you have to wait. I would recommend Dr. Scott!!!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

I found Dr. Scott to be extremely cold and abrupt. She has absolutely no bedside manner and no patience for any kind of pain. I once said "Ouch" during a procedure and she actually came over to me and hissed "You're going to have to decide right now if you're serious about this procedure or not!!!" There is no excuse for talking to someone like that, even just on a human level. I loved all the staff at the clinic and do take into account the fact that they are dealing with hormonal women. But Dr. Scott is way beyond. She is so rude. My husband was furious at the way she treated us. But of course you cannot complain at the time because you are already feeling so desperate and vulnerable. I agree with the other post on here, if she were running any other type of practice she would have been shut down long ago.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011