Ratings for Dr. George Duft

Well we picked him because of his add on tv, cannot judge on his laser techniques because we did not need it. My wife needed 2 cysts removed from a toe. She would have to stay home off work for 6 weeks, well guess what not 6 weeks BUT 5 PAINFUL MONTHS , he told her that things whent well and and you'll like to see her two more times over a period of a month he did such a good job that he only needed to see her at least 15 times. Yes no lies, 15 times to the point of telling my wife that the problems had nothing to do with the surgery and it was not his problem. My wife was off work for 5 MONTHS instead of 6 weeks. The stiches stayed for a month according to our highly respected doctor. ..it was not necessary for doctor Duff to cut all the nerves in her foot. Now she needs special insoles made,there goes another $500.00 on top of his surgery fee of $900.00. We will never recommend Dr Duff. I'm sorry but to see my wife suffer like this for 5 months over what was to a simple operation according to Dr Duff seems like he did it only for the money and did not care an ioda about the well being of his patients.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Has cancelled two of my visits after I booked time off of work. Had gone to him previously and found his work to be at best satisfactory. Only thing he seems interested in is running up the bill.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I have had neuroma surgeries and bunionectomy procedures on my feet. I am very happy with all the results and have complete confidence in Dr. Duft. I would definitely recommend him for anyone with neuroma or bunion issues. Staff is friendly and caring!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I believe Dr. Duft could be a good podiatrist if he stopped talking long enough to listen to the patients descriptions of their problems. Sadly, his arrogance is the deciding factor in his treatment offerings and only money making options for treatment are discussed. Indeed the diagnoses are often incorrect and I'm not sure if this is intentional so he can suggest expensive treatments or if he actually believes he knows the answer without further examination. When your opinion of yourself and your confidence exceed your skill and usefulness, medical practice is a bad choice of professions. Knowledge is only useful when applied properly.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Found him to be quite rude and abrupt. The orthotics did not help and he brushed me off when I said I thought I had Plantar Faciitis

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

After seeing a advertisement for Dr. Dufts pinpointe laser therapy on the front page of the Province newspaper, claiming to cure toenail fungus, I decided to make a appointment. I had a consultation with Dr Duft and was told I was a perfect candidate for the treatment and His success rate was above 85% and the cost would be $1000.00. After suffering with toenail fungus for over 30 years and trying prescribed oral medications which did work (with side effects) short term, I decided to go for the laser therapy. I had the treatment, which took all of 20 Minutes and 4 checkup visits in the next four months, there was no noticeable change in my nails so far. Dr. Duft decided another treatment would be done at no cost, after another 4 checkup visits in four months, still no change. At this point Dr. Duft offered to do another treatment for $400.00, I told Him I would think about it and got out of His office as fast as I could. I look back on my experience and feel like I was totally ripped off and this laser therapy is nothing but a scam. I followed all the doctors instructions following the treatments and even bought the SteriShoe sanitizer He sells. I would definitely not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

He is the rudest professional I have ever dealt with. Those who say he's funny and caring have obviously never said anything he didn't like. He does not like to be questioned or have anything negative said about him. Try telling him you had to wait too long in his office!!! There appears to be a huge turnover of staff and no wonder. Dr. Kearl in Chilliwack, on the other hand, is the kind of person you feel confident dealing with.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

I had a broken toenail that become ingrown and badly infected. My visit to this clinic was extremely professional and he was able to do surgery on my toe immediately at the first appointment. By the next day my pain had completely subsided and I was able to return to work the next morning. I can't thank them enough.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Unimpressed so far. Updates to follow shortly. Dr Duft diagnosed me with bilateral plantar fasciitis, plantar fibromatosis and achilles enthesopathy, and prescribed orthotics or laser therapy. I chose orthotics to get started, figuring I would probably benefit the most from those long term. His laser treatments cost about 30% more than other clinics for half the time. Duft’s laser treatments are strictly laser because his knowledge and skills are limited, whereas a chiropractor or active-release specialist can also do adjustments at the same time, providing better value and results.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I have seen Dr Duft several times for Pinpointe laser therapy for my toenail fungus. I have had this for at least 30 years and cannot believe that it is being cured. The staff at the front have always been friendly and helpful and Dr Duft has been awesome to me. I was quite nervous but he answered all my questions and made me laugh with his stories. I would recommend him to anyone and am so thankful I finally tried the treatment becasue I can finally have normal looking toenails!!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016