Ratings for Dr. Ranjith Chandrasena

He used to work in Ottawa. I cannot even call him a doctor, because he was very unprofessional and arrogant. He is the worst psychiatrist I have ever had to deal with. He was so sure of his opinion that it blinded him. It was impossible to be heard and get an accurate diagnosis. He discharged me without any follow-up whatsoever and claimed I had borderline personality disorder without taking an adequate history. I later realized he treated me terribly based on that misdiagnosis. He perpetuates BPD stigma.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Dr. Chandrasena is expert with new medications. His research and exploring new meds and techniques benefit many.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I was very fortunate to have Dr. Chandrasena in 1988 to treat my severe postpartum psychosis. He allowed my baby to live at the hospital and be part of each day the 3 months we were in the hospital. I had shock treatment, drug therapy, and my baby and I had 24/7 RN care. I was previously treated for 3 months alone on the waiting list at another hospital , drugged and when they were too busy sleeping drugs, and if not in agreement tied too the bed. Transferred to Dr. Chandrasena's care and hospital was the best thing: daily routine, privileges, lots of time with doctor watching over me and my baby. He later became my husband and my marriage counsellor. When I had trouble sleeping, he did not prescription sleeping pills, he prescribed an alternative that is not addictive, and helps immensely with a lot of things, including the best sleep ever. I always kept him in mind if I ever was to become pregnant, to be able to face any possible issues that could arise due to my past post partum. I was sad to have heard he left Ottawa. I hope to make contact with Dr. Chandrasena to update him. I am sure he would be greatly interested in how I have been doing. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I remember this 'doctor' years ago when he practiced out of Ottawa. He treated my mother, if you could call it treatment. I knew he was shady back then, when I was a teen. These testimonials do not surprise me in the least. I pray this man will grow a conscience someday, but I doubt it!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Dr C had my husband on so many drugs that he would just fall right over backwards. When he was hospitalized, Dr C NEVER talked to me even though my husband wanted him to. I filed an official complaint to the CPSO and it was upheld. He is an arrogant self centered piece of work!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

ranjith chandrasena has blood shot eyes and maybe one day he will settle down and work just one job. right now he is working many jobs. and one review is true, he offers test drugs. canada needs more doctors

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

terrible, arrogant, jumps to diagnoses that are likely wrong, and would not reconsider a diagnosis. run for your life !

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

I was disappointed in Dr. C's treatment because he seemed more focused on protecting himself then on actually treating my illness. He charged an exorbant amount for a simple report that had a lot of protective statements about incidental aspects of my illness than it did factual and direct statements about what was really wrong. He does a lot of work for insurance companies and I think this skews is treatment of many patients. I would agree with previous statements indicating he is just in it for the money. His charting of patients is inconsistant with his actual encounter.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Dr. C is an amazing doctor. He is very committed to finding an answer to seemingly impossible questions. I found him to be very patient and willing to explain everything in detail. He met with my family and listened to their concerns and formulated a plan we were all comfortable with. He is an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2010

I work with Dr. C. as an RN at CKHA. As I read the reviews, I realize how little is understood about the work he does or his level of expertise. When I listen to him discuss his patients in rounds, it amazes me what a comprehensive knowledge he has of each patient's illness and needs. I can't count the number of times I have seen him successfully treat seemingly untreatable patients and restore them to health. His level of dedication is nearly immeasurable. No matter where in the world he may be, he still calls to check on his patients. He may not seem to spend as much time as one would think he should, but rest assured that with years of experience, his brief encounters give him the picture. He is a venerable expert in psychiatric medications and many doctors refer their patients to him when they are unusually difficult to treat. His success is immense. Does he win them all? Of course not but if he's you're MD, you're fortunate to have him interested in your health.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009