Ratings for Dr. Gregory A. Haley

he is knowledgable in his field, but does not display that well to his patients. he does not explain new medications unless prompted to. he also follows one path of medications, as in if you partially positively respond to a medication, he follows that lead, even if it goes nowhere... then you will receive a last option which will make you question his choices. if you do find the right medication though, he is good about maintenance. his visits are very short, and he expects you to explain things upon enterance without much prompt

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

He failed to file the claims with my insurance in a timely manner, and then tried to get me to pay him because of his terrible staff. Also withheld paperwork from my PCP on purpose. Unprofessional and runs a terrible practice, but if you say anything negative about him, he'll probably claim that you're just biased against him because of his lifestyle.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

He does not have the time or care to talk to you and will tell you to go to a talk therapist. I believe some talking is necessary. When I did not understand the prescriptions and needed more clarification he raised his voice and was hostile with me. I would not recommend him. I will not pay to be treated that way.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Have seen psychiatrists for 35 years. This one asked few questions on the first visit but after than he simply typed for the length of the visit after saying, "Been sleeping OK?" When I tried to talk to him about how I was feeling and how the latest drug was working, he would shut me up by saying if I wanted to talk, I needed to get a psychologist, that he only does drugs. How could he evaluate a drug I'm taking without asking questions???? Several years ago he had many negative reviews on Kudzu about giving bad prescriptions that had to be corrected. I experienced this two times. The most frustrating thing he did was give me a new drug but not take into account how long it would take to see results, so he might tell me to return in 2 weeks when results would not be seen for 4 weeks. Or he would tell me to come back in 6 weeks when 2 weeks would have been safer for the patient. I have picked some bad psychs in Atlanta over 35 years but Dr. Haley is the very worst, no question.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Charged $10 to phone in a prescription renewal. For each month that it wasn't paid, added another $10. Total is now $40; was told it will go to a collection agency tomorrow. Offered to pay half. Said no. Said if it goes to a collection agency you will pay at least $80.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

I had a late fee on my statement, and when I came in for my last appointment, David told me to just pay for services rendered, and that he would get back to me with a resolution. Instead, Felix (the Office Manager) continued to charge two additional late fees ON TOP OF THE LATE FEE I was told NOT to pay. I received three phone calls stating it was urgent I call Felix, in addition to threats about sending my account to collections. David admitted he did not discuss the situation with Felix, and instead Felix said that it was my fault for not inferring from statements sent to my home that he did not want to waive the fee. During this process, Felix was extremely rude, disrespectful, downright condescending, and refused to acknowledge responsiblity for not getting back to me. Dr Haley is a pretty good physician, but the fact that he continues to employ office staff that is so disrespectful makes the entire experience miserable. I would NOT recommend his office to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Dr. Haley listened with a compassionate heart but a very discerning mind. Thanks to his caring but no-nonsense treatment approach, he turned my son away from drugs, and the resultant psychosis and incarceration. He encouraged my son to have pride and respect. My son is currently an EMT in the Army and saved many lives in Iraq. Dr. Haley not only made a difference, "he made a miracle."

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

Absolutely the BEST DR. Very punctual and knowledgeable. Any person who see's him differently is a difficult person and doesn't want to be helped. His staff is friendly, competent and does everything to help you feel welcome. They go the extra mile. Dr Haley is the utmost best example in his field.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

flag | Submitted August 9, 2008

Dr. Gregory A. Haley's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)