Ratings for Dr. Jessica Abraham

This is the first Doctor that had the courage to believe me. I found her very professional and knowledgeable. as for coming to see me, my problems were addressed by nurses and other staff who had been in contact with doctor Abraham and did the proper care. I have nothing but good comments and great respect for this doctor and would recommend her to anyone who is having problems such as I had. I am very grateful to this doctor because others called me a liar and a hypochondriac for 8 years. I am truly thankful because now I have no pain, not sick all the time, and actually can live life! Thank you, Dr. Abraham!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Very thorough, caring and worked fast to deal with my cancer. Maria at the front is great too!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I have never been treated to poorly by anyone in my life. And in the end, she couldn't have been more wrong. I was sent to Dr Abraham following a scary CT that showed a lot of dysfunction in my small intestine. She was 3 hours late for our apointment and walked in like I was a huge inconvenience and she was doing me a favor. She reviewed my CT and told me there was nothing wrong and it was all in my head. When I asked for a referal to a specialist she snapped and said "I am the specialist". (Which she is not, she claims to be a genera surgeon). She said she would write a letter to my doctor with recommendations for future. I guess she didn't think I would ever see the letter but she was so butt hurt about me asking for a referal she told my doctor to send me to a psychiatrist and there was nothing wrong with me. I was so discouraged and became borderline suicidal as no one was taking me seriously. Clearly she didn't read CT with any sort of capacity to be doing her job. Fast forward 2 months later I was hospitalized again for same problem. Doctor read my previous CT and was si cked no one did anything. He said Dr. Abraham was on call but if possible he wanted me to wait to see anyone else. The next morning I saw another surgeon who said it appears I have crohns disease. Evident by both my last and new CT scan. I am glad I am not in good hands with competent doctors but this woman should NOT be practicing medicine. Her ego gets in the way of her work and I truly don't think she knows anything. I have now been referred to an actual specialist. I question if this woman has actually ever helped anyone.

Submitted December 9, 2017

I had one visit to her office and I can tell you that she is knowledgeable. Her speaking is very direct and somewhat stern. She gave me a scare for the time I was in her office. I believe she will do an okay job , but she needs to speak a little more kindly. I hope we don't see each other again. her staff is good though.

Submitted July 11, 2017

Very patient and detailed in her explanations, have had no problems with her care during and after my gallbladder surgery, love her and her staff!!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Abraham had operated on me by doing a umbilical hernia and just recently a colonoscopy. Her staff at the front desk was wonderful to deal with and Dr Abraham was very professional. I have had other operations in other cities in Canada and I have found her to be the best. I am very thankful of her being my Dr.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

went in for an inguinal hernia repair, great experience overall! very capable and patient with all the questions I had, would definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Only met her once when she was on call and recommended her to my sister. She is a wonderful surgeon, her office is efficient and we are thrilled with the care received!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

This doctor used to practice in Ontario where she did my gallbladder surgery 8 years ago. Since that surgery my life has been forever altered. Stones were left in the duct and the pain caused me to be taken by ambulance several times. When I would meet with her, she would tell me that 99% of patients never complain of pain after surgery and she didn't know what my problem was. She repeatedly dismissed me, until I ended up in hospital with severe pancreatitis a few months later. All this was taking place while I tried to raise my young family and continued to lose weight. I went from a size 8 to a zero in a matter of months. I spent a week on IV in hospital and waited til I was well enough to have the stones removed. Her careless attitude has ruined my life. I cannot eat properly. I miss out on going to restaurants with my family, eating out on vacations and little things like sharing a taste of my little ones treat. I am miserable and my family has suffered all because of a careless attitude. A little more digging would have discovered this common problem much sooner and caused much less damage. I realize Dr Abraham has picked up and moved on with her life, but mine is forever changed. I know this comment will also most likely be deleted. So please, Dr Abraham, listen to your patients. They know their bodies. Perhaps it will save someone from going through what I have.

Submitted June 4, 2016

Very great doctor. I was scared to have a surgery and she let me think it over and was happy that I chose to have the surgery. Professional, and very kind, fixed me right up. Explained my meds very well which she prescribed following the successful surgery. Would recommend to anybody.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016