Ratings for Dr. Agata Nowak

Dr. Nowak is very knowledgeable and caring. She seems genuinely concerned about my health and well-being. I’m very happy having her as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I have had an amazing experience with Dr. Nowak. She has helped me with my condition and made a difference in my life. She truly cares about her patients and she is a pleasure to deal with. She answered all my questions and provided me up to date literature on my condition. She was able to schedule my initial appointment very quickly, unlike many specialists where you commonly wait for months on end. She is the best family doctor

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I consider myself old and wise. Nowak is without the best Doctor I have seen over the last sixty years. I just read some comments ... wieners... Novak is knowledgeable and caring and committed to providing sound care to her patients.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Worst experience ever with a physician. She is always late and very rushed. I took my daughter for a seemingly routine appointment and she proceeded to list off a bunch of things that were all of a sudden wrong with my daughter without running any sort of diagnostic tests to back up her assumptions. The things she listed should have been diagnosed and acknowledged at any of her other appointments. She then said I was a bad mom and it was my fault that my daughter had these issues. She also said that she didn't trust her staff with getting the correct and accurate measurements after telling me that my daughter was not growing. After dropping such devastating news to a first time, new mom she said that she would follow up in a month and walked out the door, even though I was extremely upset and in tears. I have never experienced a visit with a physician with such poor bedside manor, lack of empathy and lack of education. I would highly suggest her never seeing patients again and people should not trust, nor believe anything they are told by this doctor and ALWAYS seek a second opinion after any diagnosis she gives.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

She only thinking about next patient appointment and doesn't like asking questions... very terrible lady I ever seen in the clinic ....

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

After nine years of excellent service from Dr. Nowak, it saddens me to give this negative review. She has become one of the worst doctors I have ever been to. She does not want to provide care for her patients and is very strict about her "one issue per appointment" policy. I had booked a long appointment (for a full physical exam) and when she saw my short list of issues, she exclaimed, "I don't have time for this!" During a follow up exam, she told me the test results were all normal and there's nothing wrong with me. When I asked her why I still have pain she actually said, "I don't know" and shrugged her shoulders. No referral, no questions, no compassion. Other family members have had similar concerns. The staff are just as incompetent. Do yourself a favour and find a doctor who cares about people and WANTS to be a doctor!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I find dr. Novak difficult to work with. She doesn't like me asking questions. I have had a painful knee for many years. She has refused to refer me to an orthopedic surgeon as I would not have injections. I finally saw a colleague who referred me for assessment. When that occurred he said I was high priority and booked me for the next month! She wonders why I ask questions. Looking for a new doctor where I can have better rapport!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

It is so good to have a doctor that listens to you, values your opinions and gets to the bottom of issues. I have been with her for several years and have always appreciated that she takes time to listen, that she refers me to specialists when she needs more info. I appreciate that she has limited her practice to provide quality not quantity. I am confident in her knowledge and advocacy on my behalf.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

She is the best Family Doctor that I have had in Calgary. She is very helpful, excellent listener . She always tries to solve your health problems. It is very difficult to find someone like her.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

Dr. Nowak has always been great whenever I've gone to her. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. She wants to get to the root of any problem, to rule out every possibility until she's found what's wrong. She helped me cure acute acne, which other doctors didn't even recognize as a health problem, just shrugging it off as natural. We tried many different medications and she referred me to a specialist until it was cured. Whenever I've been to see her, she remembers who I am and the conversations we've had in the past, about my medical past as well as small talk. The only complaint I would have is that she can run a bit late, but regardless, I hope to go to her for many years to come.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014