Dr. Arash Giancarlo "Gianni" Vishteh

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Arash Giancarlo "Gianni" Vishteh

All of the five star reviews on this website echo my experience. Dr. Vishteh is not only an expert but a wonderful person -- warm, friendly, earns your trust even while he explains that you need major surgery to correct a problem. I came in thinking he was going to remove a cyst. He calmly and thoroughly explained why that wouldn't be enough -- I also needed a spinal fusion to correct the instability that was causing the cyst in the first place. Then, during surgery, he came across a third problem (leak of cerebral spinal fluid) and fixed that, too. I'll never forget what he said at the end of our first consultation: "We'll take good care of you. " He certainly did. (In fact, I'm so grateful that I forgive him for being a Steelers fan.) His assistant, Dana, is warm, knowledgeable, and responsive, a good listener.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

I'm healthy; truly, never sick. But apparently my spine has issues. A lumbar synovial cyst nearly paralyzed me at the same time I had a herniated cervical disc. My primary referred me to Dr. V, saying he's the only surgeon he would recommend. No kidding! Dr. Vishteh is a true magician, because he instantly had every ounce of my faith and trust. He cares. Repeat: He CARES. His expertise shines, he explains simply and clearly, he is compassionate and patient, and I just knew I would be safe. I have already recommended him to other people. His staff are the most helpful and caring I've encountered. They were very reassuring and knowledgeable about paperwork processes and I felt as if they were holding my hands throughout what was such a foreign experience for me. I feel like I could not have been more blessed to have been referred to Dr. Vishteh's practice!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

Thank goodness for Dr. Vishteh! When my GP saw my MRIs, she walked me up to his office right away, and he squeezed me in that afternoon. Dr. Vishteh is immensely knowledgeable and skilled and gave me a new, active life. He truly listened as I descried my symptoms, limitations to lifestyle, and pain. He explained my MRIs and the procedures needed thoroughly and in a way I could understand; he was very patient with my questions. He was with me each step of the journey, reassuring both me and my husband. After my surgery, he explained the unexpected complications the same way, including how they would impact my recovery, and modified my post-treatment to address these issues. When you have back surgery like this, everyone asks who you doctor was and how it went. I was delighted to hear that Dr. Vishteh had helped two friends of mine , who love him as much as I do. Thank goodness for Dr. V and his wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

This is the most professional care I have ever received. From consultation to surgery and follow up was perfection. This group stands out for being kind, interested in your concerns, willing to discuss all questions and calm all concerns with interest in the entire process. Very blessed to have found this Dr.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Vishteh and his staff are truly amazing!! Enough said!! Thank you Dr. Vishteh for all your help and compassion.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Vishteh by one of my physicians, who had had successful spine surgery by Dr. Vishteh. I had major issues with my spine (neck and back). Dr. Vishteh is extremely knowledgeable, thorough and patient. He also insisted on an extra visit with my spouse to explain our plans as well. I underwent both neck and back surgery, separated by few months. I did remarkably well after both, and am pain free. For that I am truly blessed. Dr. Vishteh is not only a highly skilled professional, but he has a stellar bedside manner. He treats his patients like family members. Dr. Vishteh personally saw me during ALL of my after surgery office visits. His staff are also extremely kind and helpful, and helped scheduling my two surgeries seamless. They also helped fill out all of my sick leave paperwork (Thanks Dana!) Overall, a fantastic doc and office.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

Dana treated me wonderfully and helped make the experience a tolerable one. I always kidded her that she's one step away from being a neurosurgeon herself.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Dr. Vishteh is an extremely talented and skilled surgeon. In addition to his expertise , he has a calm demeanor and brings kindness and compassion to his practice. 7 years ago he performed a cervical fusion that was emergent in nature. I had a 100% recovery . I have no pain and beyond functional range of motion in my neck. A few years later, I began to have low back pain. Dr. Vishteh recommended doing steroid injections and physical therapy. At that time he felt surgery wasn't necessary. He was exactly right! I was very impressed that a surgeon would recommend a treatment plan not within his practice. Due to the nature of degenerative disk disease ( in my low back ) coupled with my activity /fitness level 5 years later my lower back pain did return . At this time he recommended surgery. My surgery was 2 months ago and it was a huge success. I am well on my way to a full recovery. Dr. Vishteh is not a textbook physician. He treats every patient with individual care. He and his medical assistant Dana, are a special team. Both are commitment to providing integrity and compassion to the practice. Dana doesn't miss a beat, she is extremely helpful and dependable. She navigates the business aspect ( insurance approval, disability claims, etc ) and patient care, seamlessly. Spinal surgery can be very scary. As I have explained, I experienced it when it was planned and unplanned, neither time was I scared, as I knew I was in the best of hands.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Dr. Vishteh was great from day one. I was intimidated and uneasy with the thought of back surgery, but was put at ease instantly after my extensive consultation. His thorough knowledge is comforting and his personable demeanor makes asking questions so easy. Once I was scheduled for my laminectomy surgery, I knew exactly what to expect thanks to Dana talking me through each step. This is the friendliest, most approachable medical staff I have ever met and 7 weeks later, I am recovering without any issues!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

I suffered an injury to my disc in between L4/L5 as a result of working as a firefighter. The ruptured disc was bad but the nerve pain was driving me crazy. I wasn't myself. I saw a doctor recommended from my cities occupational health. I won't name the doctor but was very displeased from the start. That first doc didn't listen to my concerns and left me feeling depressed and unlike myself. Those feelings lasted until I was recommended to Dr. Vishteh from someone else in my profession. I had hope because of the way he described his experience with Dr. Vishteh. All the praises he sang of Dr. Vishteh were true. From the moment I met him and his staff, I knew I was in the right place. Dr. Vishteh is caring, compassionate, genuine, knowledgeable and very gifted in his profession. He successfully performed a Microdiscectomy and I was up walking the same day. My nerve pain has vanished. I'm still healing as I'm only 7 weeks out of surgery but I'm starting to feel like myself again. If you're trapped in that place where you don't feel like yourself because of nerve pain, please go see Dr. Vishteh. He'll help you get back to feeling like yourself again. Thank you so very much Dr. Vishteh.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Dr. Arash Giancarlo "Gianni" Vishteh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients