Ratings for Dr. Arash G. Vishteh

Had C5-7 neck fusion in April - just had my last follow up treatment and after a few PT appointments I will be back at 100%. Have been feeling great since shortly after the surgery (I did some walking the afternoon after, and walked 4 miles the very next day!). I had my initial surgical consult, then say two other neurosurgeons before ending up back with Dr. Vishteh and could not be happier with the outcome. Very glad that I chose Dr. Vishteh for my first (and hopefully only) surgery.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Let me begin by stating that I am a patient of Dr. Vishteh, but I am also a Certified Surgical assistant. In such a capacity, I know how to choose a physician. I have a number of surgeons from whom to choose, but I chose Dr. Vishteh for my surgery (disc removal, bone graft, fixation plates and screws) to correct pressure on the nerves in my neck; a condition causing numbness in my dominant hand. This is not a good thing for someone whose life revolves around their performance in surgery. I chose him based upon his education and credentials, and the rapport he had established between previous patients and the operating room staff. His professionalism was also evident in that of his staff. The office worked on time and he took the time to explain things to myself and my wife. I felt a great deal of confidence with him, and left everything in his most competent hands. My surgery went very well, and I never took so much as one pain pill during the entire recovery period. I went home the next day, and felt great. No pain; no numbness. I have been free from these symptoms since the surgery. Within a week, I asked about going back to work. I believe that Dr. Vishteh is an extremely talented and competent surgeon, and have referred others to him. One of my friends had surgery by him, and she is totally relieved of her pain as well. Another went to a different surgeon. To this date, he is still in pain, and regrets his decision. I would recommend Dr. Vishteh to anyone in need of spinal surgery or surgery of the brain. He takes the time and treats you as an individual. He does not rush people through his office or through their procedures. I have nothing short of good words for a great and talented surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Vishteh is an excellent surgeon, but it's his communication with me as a patient and his caring manner that really sets him apart from other providers. It is clear that he sees his patients as individuals and he takes the time to educate. I didn't choose Dr. Vishteh - I became his patient after sustaining an epidural (head) bleed after an accident. I feel very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon! He was the only specialist in the hospital who communicated with me about what to expect as I recovered. Follow-ups with him in his office have been pleasant. His office staff (Dana) is also a great communicator. During my office visits Dr. Vishteh did not seem rushed and he took the time to sit with me, ask questions, and educate me further. If I could give more than 5 stars I would!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Dr. Vishteh is one of the most kind / caring / skilled Doctors that I have seen regarding my lower Back Pain. He took the time to listen to my concerns, laid out a plan for accurate diagnosis, and communicated the action plan to help me get better with his surgical procedure. It was the best decision I made, the results have been excellent. I would also like to commend Dana who is Dr. Vishteh's administrative assistant, she made the whole process a pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I required removal of a cancerous tumor on the interior of my skull. Dr. Vishteh's skill was beyond reproach and I am grateful he has been my doctor. Often I've thought of that surgery and how he and his staff made every turn of events as pleasant and healing an occasion as could be achieved. I felt like family and not some run-of-the-mill patient. There's a lot of drudgery in this world but this doctor and this staff are an oasis. They were impeccable. There's a lot of drudgery in this world but you folks are an oasis.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I chose Dr. Vishteh for a third opinion regarding my mother’s neck condition for two important reasons (my mom had chosen the first two surgeons on her own and was not satisfied): 1) I had overheard him talking with his patients on several occasions and I like his bedside manner- genuine and compassionate with a special ability to really connect with his patients. I wasn’t intentionally eavesdropping on him- I do some of my surgeries at the same hospital as he does, and I was taking care of my own patients in the same area (the pre- and post-operative bays are quite close to each other). 2) Dr. Vishteh has God-given surgical skills. He has been nationally recognized for operating on some of the most challenging neurosurgery cases, and has been featured in our hospital publications many times-so he has an excellent reputation; but, the real proof is that nurses and doctors go to him and send their family members to him when they need surgery. Having a surgeon who ultimately took the time to listen to my mom, review her MRI with her, and answer all of her questions in a very clear and caring manner was the key to her ears and heart. I think he spent well over an hour with us. He was just as patient and accommodating on subsequent visits. (My mom is one tough customer and believes that she has her own special kind of medical degree, having raised two physicians) Here is a little known doctor secret: forget what the primary care doctors know (or think they know) about surgeons. The O.R. nurses and anesthesiologist, and other surgeons are in the operating room, and actually see who the best surgeons are! Bottom line: * A very talented surgeon, likeable, courteous, and down to earth. * Takes time with his patients, is excellent at explaining his recommendations, has great bedside manner. *Ethical- If you don’t need surgery, Dr. Vishteh is not going to talk you into it and if you do need surgery, you are in the best possible hands. He’s the doctor’s doctor!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Vishteh performed surgery on my son Jonathan. Jonathan was diagnosed a quadriplegic after a tragic car accident. This was almost the worst news a parent could hear. Dr. Vishteh was direct with us and told us what to expect. He also never took away hope. Hope was what we needed and Dr. Vishteh kept hope alive. He also kept our son alive. He performed an amazing surgery that led to a miracle. Jonathan could walk within two months . He has continued to stay in touch with our family and keep track of Jonathan progress. We could not have asked for a more skilled and compassionate doctor . http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Arash_Vishteh/reviews#ixzz3n9LIry6m

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I had a freak accident back in 2010 and broke my neck. Dr. Vishteh was on call that night - luckily for me. He patiently went through my options and explained everything to me and my family. We ultimately went with the neck fusion. I owe my quality of life to Dr. Vishteh and will be forever grateful. Dr. Vishteh and his staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I am a practicing anesthesiologist in Phoenix, AZ. After 12 years of working in the Valley, I didn't have to think very hard when my father needed a neurosurgeon. The results were as I have witnessed time and time again watching Dr. Vishteh care for other patients. I have zero regrets about my decision to use Dr. Vishteh, and can recommend him without reservation. Gerald Peiser, D.O.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

After not being able to sit down for 3 weeks I took my MRI to Dr Vishteh who calmly explained what the issue was and told me that this would need to be surgically corrected. From the moment I met him he was kind, compassionate and was always willing to provide answers to my questions. Dr. Vishteh stands apart from other surgeons who are not generally known for their bedside manner. He has a great personality that lets you know you are being well cared for. My surgery was a huge success - I feel better than I have felt in over 10 years! I would recommend Dr Vishteh to anyone - he will take excellent care of you!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Arash G. Vishteh's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

AARP