Dr. Arash G. Vishteh

You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Arash G. Vishteh

I required removal of a cancerous tumor on the interior of my skull. Dr. Vishteh's skill was beyond reproach and I am grateful he has been my doctor. Often I've thought of that surgery and how he and his staff made every turn of events as pleasant and healing an occasion as could be achieved. I felt like family and not some run-of-the-mill patient. There's a lot of drudgery in this world but this doctor and this staff are an oasis. They were impeccable. There's a lot of drudgery in this world but you folks are an oasis.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I chose Dr. Vishteh for a third opinion regarding my mother’s neck condition for two important reasons (my mom had chosen the first two surgeons on her own and was not satisfied): 1) I had overheard him talking with his patients on several occasions and I like his bedside manner- genuine and compassionate with a special ability to really connect with his patients. I wasn’t intentionally eavesdropping on him- I do some of my surgeries at the same hospital as he does, and I was taking care of my own patients in the same area (the pre- and post-operative bays are quite close to each other). 2) Dr. Vishteh has God-given surgical skills. He has been nationally recognized for operating on some of the most challenging neurosurgery cases, and has been featured in our hospital publications many times-so he has an excellent reputation; but, the real proof is that nurses and doctors go to him and send their family members to him when they need surgery. Having a surgeon who ultimately took the time to listen to my mom, review her MRI with her, and answer all of her questions in a very clear and caring manner was the key to her ears and heart. I think he spent well over an hour with us. He was just as patient and accommodating on subsequent visits. (My mom is one tough customer and believes that she has her own special kind of medical degree, having raised two physicians) Here is a little known doctor secret: forget what the primary care doctors know (or think they know) about surgeons. The O.R. nurses and anesthesiologist, and other surgeons are in the operating room, and actually see who the best surgeons are! Bottom line: * A very talented surgeon, likeable, courteous, and down to earth. * Takes time with his patients, is excellent at explaining his recommendations, has great bedside manner. *Ethical- If you don’t need surgery, Dr. Vishteh is not going to talk you into it and if you do need surgery, you are in the best possible hands. He’s the doctor’s doctor!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Vishteh performed surgery on my son Jonathan. Jonathan was diagnosed a quadriplegic after a tragic car accident. This was almost the worst news a parent could hear. Dr. Vishteh was direct with us and told us what to expect. He also never took away hope. Hope was what we needed and Dr. Vishteh kept hope alive. He also kept our son alive. He performed an amazing surgery that led to a miracle. Jonathan could walk within two months . He has continued to stay in touch with our family and keep track of Jonathan progress. We could not have asked for a more skilled and compassionate doctor . http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Arash_Vishteh/reviews#ixzz3n9LIry6m

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I had a freak accident back in 2010 and broke my neck. Dr. Vishteh was on call that night - luckily for me. He patiently went through my options and explained everything to me and my family. We ultimately went with the neck fusion. I owe my quality of life to Dr. Vishteh and will be forever grateful. Dr. Vishteh and his staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I am a practicing anesthesiologist in Phoenix, AZ. After 12 years of working in the Valley, I didn't have to think very hard when my father needed a neurosurgeon. The results were as I have witnessed time and time again watching Dr. Vishteh care for other patients. I have zero regrets about my decision to use Dr. Vishteh, and can recommend him without reservation. Gerald Peiser, D.O.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

After not being able to sit down for 3 weeks I took my MRI to Dr Vishteh who calmly explained what the issue was and told me that this would need to be surgically corrected. From the moment I met him he was kind, compassionate and was always willing to provide answers to my questions. Dr. Vishteh stands apart from other surgeons who are not generally known for their bedside manner. He has a great personality that lets you know you are being well cared for. My surgery was a huge success - I feel better than I have felt in over 10 years! I would recommend Dr Vishteh to anyone - he will take excellent care of you!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. V performed a spinal fusion; was incredibly skillful, competent & gracious in manner. He has empathy for his patients, is thorough & answers all your questions & concerns. I never felt rushed in & out of his office; his staff is phenomenal. No slip ups; forgotten messages, etc. What I was told they would do, they did. It was evident the nursing & physical therapists at the hospital have a profound respect for him both as a human being & as an excellent surgeon. Three yrs. later, my husband was in need of his talented hands (synovial cyst). We recommended him to a friend who did see him & was "over the moon" as to the subsequent surgery, his expertise, & compassionate manner. We feel fortunate to have been his patient(s).

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. Vishteh is a truly an outstanding neurosurgeon! I suffered agonizing pain as a result of a herniated disc at L1-2. He quickly admitted me to the hospital, ordered and reviewed the MRI study and resected the offending disc all in a timely fashion. He demonstrated incredible skill as a surgeon and was extremely thoughtful and compassionate throughout the entire hospitalization. I was back on my feet in just a few days and back at work as a diagnostic radiologist after only a few weeks. I highly recommend him to others with back problems. In fact, I referred my father to him several years ago for treatment of spinal stenosis. My father did extremely well under his care and no longer suffers from the debilitating effects of this condition.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

I had a spine compression on my T6 and C6 from an equestrian accident. Dr. Vishteh repaired me and explained all the results from CTs, MRIs, etc. He took extra time to cheer me up and recommend (he even made the arrangements) for physical therapy. Dr. Vishteh was always available to help me, answer all my questions and suggest treatments.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I had seen a Dr. in the past complaining of the pain I was having in my neck who wanted to discuss carpal tunnel issues, when in fact Dr. Vishteh found pressure being placed on my spinal cord which could possible paralyze me. He took the time to answer all my questions and meet with me again to answer all my husband’s questions too. He wasn't pushy on the issue of surgery, just wanted me to know all my options. He explains things in a way anyone can understand and is very thorough. His office staff is wonderful. They treat you like a friend not a client. As a nurse, I asked the trauma Docs I work with who had recommended him, so guess that says it all! Love this Dr.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Arash G. Vishteh's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I required removal of a cancerous tumor on the interior of my skull. Dr. Vishteh's skill was beyond reproach and I am grateful he has been my doctor. Often I..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I chose Dr. Vishteh for a third opinion regarding my mother’s neck condition for two important reasons (my mom had chosen the first two surgeons on her own and ..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Vishteh performed surgery on my son Jonathan. Jonathan was diagnosed a quadriplegic after a tragic car accident. This was almost the worst news a parent cou..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a freak accident back in 2010 and broke my neck. Dr. Vishteh was on call that night - luckily for me. He patiently went through my options and explained e..."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a practicing anesthesiologist in Phoenix, AZ. After 12 years of working in the Valley, I didn't have to think very hard when my father needed a neurosurge..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After not being able to sit down for 3 weeks I took my MRI to Dr Vishteh who calmly explained what the issue was and told me that this would need to be surgical..."

August 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. V performed a spinal fusion; was incredibly skillful, competent & gracious in manner. He has empathy for his patients, is thorough & answers all your questi..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Vishteh is a truly an outstanding neurosurgeon! I suffered agonizing pain as a result of a herniated disc at L1-2. He quickly admitted me to the hospital,..."

August 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a spine compression on my T6 and C6 from an equestrian accident. Dr. Vishteh repaired me and explained all the results from CTs, MRIs, etc. He took extra..."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had seen a Dr. in the past complaining of the pain I was having in my neck who wanted to discuss carpal tunnel issues, when in fact Dr. Vishteh found pressure..."

August 18, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Arash" to "Arash G."

October 20, 2013
  • City changed from "SCOTTSDALE" to "Phoenix"

August 23, 2012
  • City changed from "PHOENIX" to "SCOTTSDALE", Med School changed from "Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261" to "University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine"

May 29, 2012