Ratings for Dr. Marta Terlecki

This doctor came highly recommended to me by a friend so I went to her and it was a mistake. She was very rude to me. She said that she could tell by looking in my eyes that I was overmedicated, even though labs clearly showed the opposite. What a quack. She was terrible. I've seen a lot of doctors and she was probably the worst one ever.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

If you can ever get in to actually see Dr Terkecki, she is a kind person and a competent doctor. That being said, it is next to impossible to actually get in to see her, even with an appointment. I've only actually seen her once. This is the second time I've had to leave her office to return to work not having been seen, due to ridiculous wait times. I find it truly upsetting that any doctors office would make a patient wait close/over an hour for an appointment. Her office staff was oblivious, completely uninterested and unhelpful once I asked 50 minutes past my appointment time how much longer I would have to wait. I work two jobs and had to take the afternoon off to see her for this, my follow-up appointment, which I ended up walking out of....again. A frustrating waste of time and I still don't know what's going on with my health. Very sad state of healthcare if this is the way doctors feel it's alright to treat their patients. Now I have to waste more time and seek out another doctor. Very dissappointing.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I love Dr. Terlecki. She is very competent and I feel like she truly cares about her patients. I cannot even fathom her being rude or snippy to me. She saved my life and when I tried to credit her for it, she said "No, you saved your life." She is always behind schedule but will spend a good 45 minutes to an hour with you if you need time to process the information she is giving you. She runs labs to stay on top of my condition (which is very complex) and will call me at home to save me a co-pay and discuss lab results. I would refer any friend or family to her. I also have a strong medical background but she doesn't use that as an excuse to gloss over information or to not explain things thoroughly to me so I can understand them. I hope she never retires.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

She was snippy, rude, and extremely condescending. I have an extensive medical education myself, and upon finding that out she became even worse in her attitude towards me. I even brought the newest Merck Manual and research regarding my Addison's, and she belittled and ridiculed me. Then she told me that I don't have Addison's (I do) but that I have celiac (I do have that as well) but that she had to "prove" I have celiac by requiring me to see her "favorite surgeon" for an intestinal biopsy or she "wouldn't be able to treat the celiac". The ONLY treatment for celiac is DIET, there is NOTHING she can do as "treatment". When I refused the unnecessary, invasive, potentially dangerous to life threatening surgery to satisfy her curiosity I was told by her that she "couldn't treat" me if I wouldn't have the surgery. There is NO "treatment" beyond diet! She is a self important, ignorant doctor and should NOT be seeing patients. I would never recommend her, not even to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

She is the BEST! She knows what she is talking about, gets down to business. She saved my life, there's nothing else to say!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Very snippy and rude. Always is typing on her computer and then when I try to ask her questions, she either ignores me or snaps at me. Every time I go see her, I sit in the waiting room for at least 30 minutes and then in the little room for 40 minutes. I am currently looking for another doctor because I really hate having to go to those appointments and I shouldn't have anxiety wondering what new insults she's going to spout at me this time...

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

She's antiquated and my health has suffered. Does not keep up with current advances in Endocrinology.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

I agree, it seemed she was not up to date on latest medical information, which would be easy to do. I know it is difficult to keep up with new research when you are working 110 mph and having a family, however it seems critical to stay up to date. When I was asking questions that I'd had for myself and wanted to better understand research I'd been gathering she basically was not willing to address any of it and kept referencing information published in 1982. When I asked about how my thyroid medications interact with my perimenopausal issues and what my possible treatments would be she refused to even discuss hormone replacement because she "didn't believe in it." I thought bringing these questions to my endocrinologist was the most appropriate as I believe they are specialists for one's chemical and hormonal system. I know there are more fine-tuned tests available and new protocol that's available--I'm searching for a more integrative physician.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

She is not up to date on latest medical information. She did not do all the possible lab tests that could of been done. When I told her symptoms I had she would not listen or doubt what I was saying was true. This did not happen just one visit but many. She never had a solution or helped my problems for a couple of years. I found answers going to other providers and on my own.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr. Terlecki is competent and all, but I changed doctors after she got snippy and rude with me.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

Dr. Marta Terlecki's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1977)

Workers Comp