Ratings for Dr. Diana Blum

Had initial visit for 30 minutes tops with a non-emergent symptom. It was a simple checkin to transfer my care due to a job relocation. I was charged $661.00. When I objected to the to billing code (60 minutes with emergent condition) the response was to disregard my request. I was stunned. And changed doctors immediately.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

Prescribed me meds for my migraines that made me gain 5lbs, without warning of the symptoms. Once I mentioned it, she said she will prescribe me another kind of migraine meds that will do the opposite if I don't lose the weight within 2 weeks. I started eating less, worked out 3 times a week and still was stuck with the 5 extra lbs that bother me a LOT. I contacted her, telling her that I was not losing a single lb after all the eating less and working out and that I should probably go on those meds instead. What does she say? She says she changed her mind and that she will not prescribe me the MIGRAINE medication to a MIGRAINE patient, because they will make me lose weight. She said to "wait two more weeks and re-evaluate." Meanwhile, I have to starve to get back my weight, because SHE forgot to mention the weight gain side-effect of the previous medication! Whatever she says during the appointment changes as soon as you leave the room. Don't bother thinking she will keep her word!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

Dr. Diana Blum's Credentials

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)