You may also like

Rate Dr. Colin Birch

Dr. Colin Birch's Ratings

Front desk staff that you check in with for the clinic do not have very good people skills, are rude a always seem short. However Dr Birch's staff are helpful, friendly and have very good people skills. Dr. Birch over the years has continued to support me, makes sure that with the current treatment that he sees me at least once a year and continues to follow my progress and if needed try new things.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2878144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I have attended a number of appts with Dr Birch to support my daughter after complications from childbirth. He is arrogant and dismissive. Doesn't bother to read her chart before going in the room and asks the same questions each visit. Didn't even bother to examine her - she had to ask to be examined - and he seemed annoyed at that. Turns out it was a good thing she asked because there were issues! Not at all thorough - hasn't bothered to order any tests and overall very dismissive. Seems to forget there is a human being attached to the bladder... I am encouraging my daughter to seek a second opinion. If he's that willy-nilly in his appts how thorough could he be in surgery??

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2860224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I really appreciate Dr Birch. He is a genuine man who is a very smart and Compassionate OBGYN. Dr B takes good care of you and makes you feel completely relaxed at your visits or when it is surgery time. Thanks for all your devotion to me and your professional work ethics.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2683135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Dr. Birch and his staff were amazing. Made me comfortable right from the beginning which was difficult as I am an under 40 year old woman with ongoing bladder issues due to having children. I would recommend him to anyone. Fantastic. Delightful staff. I barely had time to open a magazine and they were calling my name to come back. Within minutes of changing the Doctor and Assistant were in speaking with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2639496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

I had DR birch for a biopsy from an abnormal pap. I was very nervous and feeling quite uncomfortable and exposed. It was nice he explained what he was going to be doing exactly. But when he commented that he was applying the iodine solution to my cervix so if anyone commented that I smelt like "fish and chips" afterwords I would know why... Well I felt even more uncomfortable. Perhaps this joke was supposed to lighten the mood but I thought it was very unprofessional and rude.
After the biopsy I was left to redress.
When I stood up from the bench a gush of blood came from inside and landed on the floor. I didn't know if this was a normal thing to have happen. I was given a larger than life jumbo sized maxi pad to use following the biopsy but nothing was mentioned about this much blood. There was a bathroom in the DRs room I had the procedure so I went and sat on the tolit and I continued to bleed more. After about 10mins dr birchs assistant knocked on the door to see if I was alright. She helped to calm me down and told me that I had nothing to worry about.
I wish that I could have been more prepared for this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600162].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Wow...the best surgery ever..this Dr is amazing. Painless surgery. Fixed Blatter. He is a god sent ladies.. We need more like Dr birch
Thanks again

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

I was lucky to have Dr. Birch as my doctor for my second pregnancy. After complications with my first, I really appreciated his honesty, knowledge and clearly presented options including risks/potential issues and benefits. He was always frank, professional and approachable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I'm 24 and a Hypochondriac. When I discovered that I had to get a biopsy done due to an abnormal pap, I was terrified. Dr Birch's RN Kim and I got in touch soon after. She was very polite and reassuring. She also did her best to make me smile because she could tell I was terrified. Meeting Dr Birch was intimidating at first, but then he explained to me what he would be doing and made me feel comfortable. He told me immediately that i didn't have cancer which helped with my anxiety. I've met with him two more times sonar and he is excellent. He was comfortable asking any OB/GYN related questions I had, even ones that had nothing to do with me. I discovered through my pestering that he has worked i third world countries and has seen some horrible things. I left with a new respect for him. He is very sweet, and even though he is quiet, it doesn't mean he is arrogant or rude. I highly recommend Dr Birch and his sweet RN Kim

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1253892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

I'm surprised at all the positive comments on this doctor. I wonder if his attitude is different based upon the reason for seeing him and whether it's in his office or in hospital. He's been the OB on call twice now since I've been on hospital bed rest and has not once actually told me who he was. I had to ask my nurse who he was since she was in the room the 2nd time he came. This man is, I'm sure, a perfectly competent doctor but his attitude needs some adjustment. He walks in the room as though he is god's gift to pregnant women and we should all fall at his feet and grovel. His first visit to me consisted of a whopping 2 minutes where he tried to push getting a shot of blood thinners every day on me even though the MFM team advised I didn't need it, including the head of the department and head of U of C's Obstetrics department since my bed rest does allow for walking around a few times each day.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1253891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

I first met Birch when I had an emercancy c-section with my daughter in 2010. He was very helpful and calmed my nerves about a c-section and talked to my husband about his concerns. When I found out a year and half later I was pregnant agian I requested Dr Birch without hesitation. He is the best doctor I have ever met. I moved to BC half way through my pregnany and I am driving to Calgary every 2 weeks I believe in him so much. He tells you the facts as it is. He will not hold your hand through every step but he will make sure you are comfortable and understand. Whenever I go see him his staff is great and polite and he is sitting there waiting for me. He gets my daughter involved in the appointments and always makes her laugh. He is a great doctor and I am very comfortable with him doing the surgery and I am proud to say both my kids will be born by Dr. Birch, this doctor is amazing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1253890].votes_count ]]