You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Colin Birch

I have yet to have an appointment with this doctor without leaving in tears. He seems irritated by my questions and can be downright rude. I think he's used to working with Elderly women who just assume "Doctor knows best." I'm going to ask for a referral to a different pelvic floor clinic in a different city.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Dr. Birch did my colposcopy in Canmore where he sometimes works. There were complications in the procedure. He didn't admit this but there was way more blood than he and my research indicated there would be. He and his wife, the nurse, looked super concerned and I was pretty scared. That procedure, which should just have given me some discomfort for two weeks, resulted in chronic pain for which I have to take morphine When I contacted the nurse asking about the ongoing pain, she was dismissive and just told me to see my family doctor. Months later I requested a formal investigation into the procedure to see if he was negligent. The "investigation" was internal, by his bosses, and said he wasn't negligent. He may not have been, but since I don't trust the investigation, we'll never know. No doctor or anywhere online seems to ever have heard of anyone else getting chronic pain directly after a colposcopy. He referred me (without ever actually speaking to me) to another gynaecologist who I'm still working with. He was supposed to do my LEEP but I'm too scared to ever let him touch me again, so I had it done by someone else under a general anaesthetic.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Spent over 2 hours waiting for dr birch since my other Ob was no longer available. Spent 5 minutes with him, he didn't seem to care. Didn't introduce himself, didn't really care about the fact that I was high risk with twins, and just resighted my chart back to me as if I wasn't aware of my previous medical history.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Birch. He was a god send. He is confident and very capable. You can tell he's been doing this a long time. You just feel well taken care of and safe under his care. I felt like he was an incredibly capable surgeon. He gave us his honest opinion about delivery options, and that is exactly what we needed. He was straightforward but we needed that. I feel so lucky to have had him as my OB. I feel like I had the best OB in Calgary. Hope he doesn't retire ever!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Arrogant and dismissive yet knowledgable and good in emergencies.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

He's very professional and exceptionally great at his profession!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Thanks to Dr. Birch for the safe and comfortable delivery of our son. Our prenatal and birth experiences were fantastic. Now, years later, I couldn't be happier to have had him as our surgeon. My outcome was perfect.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

The pelvic floor clinic - What a sad, horrid place. Everyone there is miserable and seems to hate their job. Rude reception, miserable looking nurses, and Dr Birch is arrogant and doesn't bother to listen, seems irritated when you ask questions. Maybe they are overworked and underpaid? Put on your thickest skin before visiting this doctor and clinic.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Front desk staff that you check in with for the clinic do not have very good people skills, are rude a always seem short. However Dr Birch's staff are helpful, friendly and have very good people skills. Dr. Birch over the years has continued to support me, makes sure that with the current treatment that he sees me at least once a year and continues to follow my progress and if needed try new things.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I have attended a number of appts with Dr Birch to support my daughter after complications from childbirth. He is arrogant and dismissive. Doesn't bother to read her chart before going in the room and asks the same questions each visit. Didn't even bother to examine her - she had to ask to be examined - and he seemed annoyed at that. Turns out it was a good thing she asked because there were issues! Not at all thorough - hasn't bothered to order any tests and overall very dismissive. Seems to forget there is a human being attached to the bladder... I am encouraging my daughter to seek a second opinion. If he's that willy-nilly in his appts how thorough could he be in surgery??

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Dr. Colin Birch's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have yet to have an appointment with this doctor without leaving in tears. He seems irritated by my questions and can be downright rude. I think he's used to ..."

May 26, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Birch did my colposcopy in Canmore where he sometimes works. There were complications in the procedure. He didn't admit this but there was way more blood th..."

May 24, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Spent over 2 hours waiting for dr birch since my other Ob was no longer available. Spent 5 minutes with him, he didn't seem to care. Didn't introduce himself, ..."

April 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely LOVE Dr. Birch. He was a god send. He is confident and very capable. You can tell he's been doing this a long time. You just feel well taken care o..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Arrogant and dismissive yet knowledgable and good in emergencies. "

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He's very professional and exceptionally great at his profession! "

October 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks to Dr. Birch for the safe and comfortable delivery of our son. Our prenatal and birth experiences were fantastic. Now, years later, I couldn't be happi..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "The pelvic floor clinic - What a sad, horrid place. Everyone there is miserable and seems to hate their job. Rude reception, miserable looking nurses, and Dr Bi..."

August 23, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Front desk staff that you check in with for the clinic do not have very good people skills, are rude a always seem short. However Dr Birch's staff are helpful,..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I have attended a number of appts with Dr Birch to support my daughter after complications from childbirth. He is arrogant and dismissive. Doesn't bother to r..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I really appreciate Dr Birch. He is a genuine man who is a very smart and Compassionate OBGYN. Dr B takes good care of you and makes you feel completely relaxed..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Birch and his staff were amazing. Made me comfortable right from the beginning which was difficult as I am an under 40 year old woman with ongoing bladder i..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Is this all the same guy? He sounds either wonderful or just plain horrible. I have an appointment with this doctor coming up, and now am afraid I may be making..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I had DR birch for a biopsy from an abnormal pap. I was very nervous and feeling quite uncomfortable and exposed. It was nice he explained what he was going to ..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wow...the best surgery ever..this Dr is amazing. Painless surgery. Fixed Blatter. He is a god sent ladies.. We need more like Dr birch Thanks again"

October 30, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was lucky to have Dr. Birch as my doctor for my second pregnancy. After complications with my first, I really appreciated his honesty, knowledge and clearly..."

October 18, 2014