Ratings for Dr. Colin Birch

Exceptional doctor! Dr. Birch is an expert at what he does. Very confident, knowledgable and skilled at his job, The nurses in the clinic are also very pleasant!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

Most proficient, professional and skilled OB/GYN in the city. I highly regard Dr. Birch's expertise and could not have been happier with my care.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

One of the best! Had bladder surgery and on my post op appointment he wasnt satisfied with how things were working. He sent me for an ultrasound just to make sure, turns out I had another serious issue. He made sure I was on the priority list for a CT and had me booked for surgery asap. Feel very fortunate to have him as my doctor. Also have never experienced any rudeness from him. He has always taken the time to explain things, asked if I had questions, and friendly & comforting. His nurses are very professional, polite, and accommodating to my work schedule

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

He delivered our daughter when we knew it was a csection he got it done in 15 min. Everything went well. He might not be a happy face but he is knowledgeable and he is confident which is what you want in operation room. He also was upfront with us and said from beginning it will not be easy delivery

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I have yet to have an appointment with this doctor without leaving in tears. He seems irritated by my questions and can be downright rude. I think he's used to working with Elderly women who just assume "Doctor knows best." I'm going to ask for a referral to a different pelvic floor clinic in a different city.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Dr. Birch did my colposcopy in Canmore where he sometimes works. There were complications in the procedure. He didn't admit this but there was way more blood than he and my research indicated there would be. He and his wife, the nurse, looked super concerned and I was pretty scared. That procedure, which should just have given me some discomfort for two weeks, resulted in chronic pain for which I have to take morphine When I contacted the nurse asking about the ongoing pain, she was dismissive and just told me to see my family doctor. Months later I requested a formal investigation into the procedure to see if he was negligent. The "investigation" was internal, by his bosses, and said he wasn't negligent. He may not have been, but since I don't trust the investigation, we'll never know. No doctor or anywhere online seems to ever have heard of anyone else getting chronic pain directly after a colposcopy. He referred me (without ever actually speaking to me) to another gynaecologist who I'm still working with. He was supposed to do my LEEP but I'm too scared to ever let him touch me again, so I had it done by someone else under a general anaesthetic.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Spent over 2 hours waiting for dr birch since my other Ob was no longer available. Spent 5 minutes with him, he didn't seem to care. Didn't introduce himself, didn't really care about the fact that I was high risk with twins, and just resighted my chart back to me as if I wasn't aware of my previous medical history.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Birch. He was a god send. He is confident and very capable. You can tell he's been doing this a long time. You just feel well taken care of and safe under his care. I felt like he was an incredibly capable surgeon. He gave us his honest opinion about delivery options, and that is exactly what we needed. He was straightforward but we needed that. I feel so lucky to have had him as my OB. I feel like I had the best OB in Calgary. Hope he doesn't retire ever!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Arrogant and dismissive yet knowledgable and good in emergencies.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

He's very professional and exceptionally great at his profession!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015