Ratings for Dr. Rahul Kapur

The staff in the office is great however the physician in question ; not so much. This was actually the worst encounter I have ever had with a healthcare provider. Dr. Kapur came into the exam room and lectured me about how MRI should be used (I was being seen for a shoulder injury, fell on ice). When I pressed the matter as a MRI tech. with 20 years experience, he became frustrated and argued with me telling me that I need authorization prior to the MRI and when I infolrmed him that he was incorrect, he told me that when I get the multi-thousand dollar bill to not complain to his office and then he simply walked out the door. It's sad that you get more respect and common courtesy purchasing a pack of gum at Wawa vs. spending $189 at your family doctor's office where you're an established patient of several years. By the way, at 1.5 weeks post injury, I sitll have severely limited range of motion and strength so taking his advice and waiting was obviosly poor medical advice ;)

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

I am a runner and have a history of chronic injuries - tendinitis, tears, fractures, etc. I have been to multiple orthopedic doctors in the Philadelphia area the last 15 years and Dr Kapur is by far my favorite and most knowledgeable. I've been extremely impressed by his treatment. I also had a MRI with one Dr and switched to him and notified me of an unrelated health issue that showed in my MRI that the other Dr never told me about as he didn't read the full report! Needless to say I need surgery for this other issue but I wouldn't have known unless he asked me about it when he was going through my MRI report . Let's just say he may have saved my life!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. Kapur is a great doctor. He is always very helpful and will work with patients to figure out what is wrong. He has a great bedside manner and is dedicated to his patients.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

Dr. Rahul Kapur's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Avmed