Ratings for Dr. Gordon Greenberg

Dr Gordon Greeberg was a great dr, I was a patient of his for over 13 years and he was my miracle dr. Went to so many specialist and surgery was the only option till I found Dr. Greenberg, a great Dr who is very knowledgeable. I can never thank him enough for how much he has helped me and just today I found out that he passed away and was very saddened. Thank you Dr Greenberg for all the help and may you rest in peace, you will be greatly missed

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I have been a patient with Dr Greensburg for the last 13 years and I found him to be caring doctor who took care of me and try to help in any way he can he is the most knowledge Doctor I ever saw I will missed him dearly may God take him to heaven he has helped too many patients like me I will missed you forever .R I P love you Dr.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Greenberg for years. He was always extremely helpful to me and would not give up on me, when other doctors had. He probably saved my life by challenging others about my condition until they agreed with him and then finally operated on me, correcting a mistake that had been made years before. Since that time, close to twenty years ago I have lived a normal life. Many Thanks.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Greenberg, recently deceased, for over 30 years and followed him from TGH to Mt. Sinai. I can say without reservation that he was a life saver. A caring and compassionate Dr. who I had complete trust. He guided me through some very tough challenges and always was available in any emergency. Anna is the other part of the team and she provided the support and compassion to me and all of the patience lucky enough to have found Dr. Greenberg in their fight against this disease. Going to miss them both.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have been a patient of The Late Dr. Gordon Greenberg for the past 36 years. I have never met a Dr. who was so well informed about Gastroenterology and all up to date technologies and treatments available for his patients. The ultimate professional who regarded his profession very seriously, no fool around - to the point and yet so reassuring and compassionate in his own way. I sure got it. He has guided me through some very serious times in my life, and Anna and Dr. Greenberg would regularly visit me when I was in the care of the Surgery (Zane Cohen's) Group. I am so saddened by his passing, their will not be another like him, I am sure. For those long-term patients you will know what I mean. My family will miss him dearly.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr Greenberg is a great dr. He's the only dr that gave me completly new meds when all the other specilaist couldnt do anything for me and telling me I needed it a surgery cause no meds were working on me. Im very thankful to him and as for his secretary Anna is very bad, she never picks the phone or returns patients calls very hard to reach.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

i went to Dr. Greenberg a few years ago and it was the worst experience ever. I was in intense pain, screaming and shouting while he was doing a colonoscopy on me. All i could hear was push 50mg of Fentanyl and that still didn't make my pain go away. He was unprofessional. Told me to just eat as much as i can. Yelled at me and i never came back after that day. He was rude. I found myself a new GI doc who puts me to sleep before doing a colonoscopy.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

The original ratings that went with this comment were an error on my part in filling the scale. These are the ones i meant to give.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr. Greenberg is fantastic. He was my first adult GI, and he, along with his office assistant (Anna) and the surgical team have literally saved not only my life, but my quality of life repeatedly since 1999, when I was 18 years old. As a young female I take issue with the negative comments re: Dr. Greenberg's bedside manner; Anna being difficult to reach; etc. Dr. Greenberg has gone above and beyond in accomodating my special needs for treatments, procedures, etc. with compassion and empathy, giving equal importance to my physical, emotional, and mental condition/needs. He doesn't just treat you like a body; he treats you like the multi-dimensional individual you are. He gave me hope when I had none, and I'm happy to report that he was right! I'm so very thankful that he is teaching the next generation of doctors and have had the pleasure of joining him on quizzing his students during my outpatient visits and in-hospital stays. His sense of humour is awesome (and dry), but many people who don't get to know him long-term won't "get" him as I do (especially if you're just in for a consult rather than a long-term patient). Furthermore, he is humble and he truly cares about his patients, which, sadly, isn't as common as we'd like to believe. He is very calm, direct, honest, knowledgeable and EXPERIENCED. I always look forward to visiting him! Now, regarding Anna, the negative comments written by others are very one-sided and don't give ANY consideration to her working conditions! She is "one-woman show" and does everything all alone. She is incredibly dedicated to her patients and Dr. Greenberg. for example, she has raised over $10 000 (year after year after year...) in the fight against the very diseases which plague the majority of her patients (including, but not limited to IBD) by participating in the Gutsy Walk (formerly Heel'n'Wheel-a-thon) for Crohn's & Colitis [Foundation of] Canada ON HER OWN TIME and of her own free will. [For those of you wondering how she saved my life, with my one phone call to Anna, she arranged my 400km ORNGE hosptial-to-hospital transfer when I had an obstruction and edema, had been treated with a blood transfusion and NG tube vac. I surely would have died had she not arranged the transfer as upon my arrival at MSH I received imaging and was subsequently swiftly taken to the OR for emergency surgery for a gastric perf (among other things)]. My point is that, as with ANY one person operation, Anna MUST prioritize/triage, meaning that the serious issues are dealt with first. Patients must be patient when their need/request isn't of an urgent nature. Dr. Greenberg and Anna are a great team and I'm forever in their debt for all they have done for me. All I can do is present you with the facts of my own experience. Best of luck; stay healthy.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. Greenberg is the best GI in Toronto. I have had Chrons for 10 years and he has been extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy and would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015