Ratings for Dr. James E. Gern

Horrible listener, cut me off, did not answer my questions. The kind of dr that walks out of the room backwards to escape patients. Focused on 1 single aspect of my son's medical care & refused to take a comprehensive approach. Did not make any changes to my son's medications even tho my son's asthma is still poorly controlled & I told him that my insurance would no longer cover 1 of the meds. I had to beg to get a single allergy test done. I spent hrs preparing notes ahead of time & he didn't even go over the notes or consider the extra input. He only offered a single course of treatment. Was not open to discussion - very opinionated & arrogant. What a waste of my time! And a set back for my son as we waited weeks for this appointment & are back at square one. I've had some really positive, empowering experiences at the Children's Hospital in Madison. This was definitely not one of them! I was bitterly disappointed & would never see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

My son has been seeing Dr. Gern for 15 years. He is always spends enough time with us, so we understand the treatment plan. Explains things so my son can understands his care. He not only concerned about my son's health but also talks to him about sports, school and activites.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Dr. James E. Gern's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal