Ratings for Dr. Peter L. Rees

Dr. Rees gave me a flu shot after I told him I didn't want it. He snuck up to me with it in his hand without me seeing it and stuck it in.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

My family was with Dr. Rees in Bradford too. I have been so disappointed with his behaviour that 20 plus years later I am now writing my review. Stay away from this doctor! He is non-professional, believes that people fake illnesses, does not send you to professional doctors even when you are in dire need of one. My daughter had appendicitis in her teens. It would come on after eating lunch at school and then sitting down for class after. She never had these signs outside of school due to the fact she was active after eating. She had the final attack in September and after much pleading, Dr. Rees sent her to the hospital where she under-went emergency surgery for appendicitis! I had asked Dr. Rees if that's what it could be in the very beginning of these attacks and he rudely answer "you can only have 1 attack of appendicitis"! The operating Dr. called Dr Rees at home around midnight to straighten him out. My daughter also had a blood flow problem to her arm and Dr. Rees was not interested in that either. He prescribed the "pill" to a 15 year old girl because her periods started going amiss. I wanted her to see a gynecologist because of the ongoing arm problem. He refused to recommend her to one. It nearly cost her life on 2 occasions. She had 2 pulmonary embolisms. Thanks to the Hospital for Sick Children, she made it through. She did have permanent damage to the veins in her leg and was advised by 2 doctors from McMaster University that she should not have children due to that damage. Please be aware of the negative comments on this site - it could cost you dearly.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Rees has been my doctor for well over 15 years. I feel that he has always taken the time to listen to me and my concerns and when I did not entirely agree with the way he wanted to approach a problem I've given him a chance to resolve an issue. If it did not work out he has always been open to my suggestions. I feel so bad that others have had negative experiences with him. Being under his care has increased my quality of life to the point of excellent from a real mess. I have always found Dr. Rees and his staff to be very responsive to my needs. I have to call his office periodically and it is so nice to hear the same voices answering the phone (like Lisa who is always so kind yet professional) year after year. I have since moved out of the area yet I still drive 45 minutes each way to see Dr. Rees and hope he doesn't retire on me so I can do so many more years. Thank you for all you've done for me Dr. Rees. Because of you I am healthier and happier than 15+ years ago!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

could care less for you you are an inconvience to his day cares not what you desires are and just down right not likeable!!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

He was the worst doctor ive ever had. He was my doctor for 3 years when I was in highschool. I am 25 now. Durring those 3 years I had several things happen. Ond of the things was I had a severe uti for 2.5 months, I went to see him 4 times and he never would do a urine test, he would act like I was faking I ebbed up going to a clinic, the second they looked at my urine they said oh my god, your doctor really couldn't tell you had a.uti. They could te before the test even condemned it, oh and by this point the infection had gone to my kidneys. The final and last straw I had with him is when my ear drums burst and he said I just had swimmers ear. He told my mother to put some vinegar in my ear, we neadless to say that was an extremely painful mistake. The reflex from the pain caused me to push my mother down. Anyway I am being serious if you want to go to a doctor who iis thorough and will not always make you wait 2 years in waiting room do not go to dr rees

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

This doctor refuses to give referrals to elderly patients. He would rather prescribe medication and wait for them to pass. He is rude, arrogant and should not be allowed to treat patients once they reach a certain age. I could not believe how rude and uncaring this so called physician was to my dad. He is an absolute disgrace to the entire profession!!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr Rees is the worst with manners and keeping family members updated. My father was diagnosed with cancer, and some of my siblings were not allowed in the room when my parents were told the news. He is friendly with a sister (that is a nurse) that we have issues with and she was only allowed in the room, thank god my oldest sister made it known that she was going in also. I think that it was rude and I think all of my sisters should have been allowed to be there for my parents. I will file a complaint with the medical board.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Dr Peter Rees is an excellent thoughtful knowledgeable doctor and I highly recommend him as a PCP. He has been my PCP coming up on 10 years now and he does an excellent job of taking care of my medical needs as a whole person. Since starting with Dr. Rees I have lost weight and I feel better. Dr. Rees gives me advice on what I eat and drink and how much I sleep. His staff also has excellent knowledge and somehow manages to always call me back within the hour. With Dr. Rees I feel as though I have a Doctor in the house. He has never come to my house but there has never been a case where I had to ask for something twice from Whittier Medical. The folks at WMA are responsive as well as kind.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr Rees is incompetent. My elderly aunt saw Dr. Rees 2 days before she was admitted to the hospital. She had a raging UTI infection, severe dermatitis, and a thyroid that was not working correctly, all UNDIAGNOSED BY Dr. Rees. He does not do simple blood tests that all drs do. We had other concerns and he just kept brushing us off. If you or a family member is with or thinking of going to Dr. Rees, do not do it.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

Totally over medicated my mother. Could have caused severe damage if her other doctor did not take her right off what Dr Rees put her on. He over prescribes and does not listen to what patient is tryng to tell him. Staff is very rude and short with people

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Peter L. Rees's Credentials

• Mc Master Univ, Sch Of Med, Hamilton, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1974)