Ratings for Dr. Katherine F. Kouvelis

After reading the other comments I couldn't disagree more. I saw another doctor in the same field that saw me once, said I needed surgery and never followed up. I've been seeing Dr Kouvelis for 4 years and she has always been personable, discussed options and performed 2 surgeries during this time. I've never had her cancel either. Both her and her staff have made an uncomfortable situation at first, more relaxing and I'm glad I have her as a consultant to my health.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

While I no doubt think Dr Kouvelis is very knowledgable and good at what she does Medical Wise, she is a cold person in real life. I understand specialty surgeons do something unique, however she is the queen of "Spend 5 minutes on you and respond with I'd like to see you in a month". SHe doesn't give you the time of day nor apologize for cancelling or making you wait over an hour for a scheduled appt. If you happen to cancel on her, don't expect a new appt for over a month. She is just out for seeing as many patients as possible to make as much money as possible. I wouldn't mind this if it also came with a personal friendship/trust that you are looking for in a doctor. I have seen her for over a year and am at the point where I am taking my services and medical opportunites (which is how I believe she sees her patients) elswhere. I do want to state that I studied pre-med and doing residency in the area. I know how doctors should be and she does not exemplify it.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. K has helped me recover from colorectal cancer. She has done quite a few procedures on me. She is a very good surgeon so she is quite busy. She gave me all of the time I needed(much more than I ever expected). My first meeting with her left me wondering, she was too professional, almost cold! The following visits were much different, she has become a trusted friend. I will not let anyone else operate on me! I believe that her attention to detail and 2 long surgeries, over 10 hours, saved my life.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Unfortunately, I can't speak to Dr. Kouvelis' treatment of patients, as I was canceled on twice in the span of one week. She may be a fine doctor, but she has little regard for her patients who have likely taken time off of other important events for an appointment.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Dr. Katherine F. Kouvelis's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1993)