Ratings for Dr. Scott Coles

I've been with Dr. Coles for about 10 years and have always found him to be a great doctor. He's helped me through injuries and illnesses over the years and I've never felt that I would have gotten a better diagnosis or more thorough follow up anywhere else. He listens. And he actually refers back to the notes that he takes if there is an ongoing issue. He has no problem referring if required. Went the extra mile for us while working Emerg one day with our son keeping everything in perspective for a couple of new parents! Haliburton is lucky to have Dr. Coles!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

This guy should have chosen another field of study, like lawn maintenance... One of the worst doctors I've ever been to.. Stares at the computer screen and types without really listening to a word you're saying.. Is not up to date on any of the cutting edge medicine, It's like all he knows is whatever was in his text book 15 years ago.. Not willing to explore new routes of treatment.. Didn't even want to refer me to a specialist...

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr Do little is right ...unless you can go in with a diagnosis for yourself and a list of demands he is pretty useless but unfortunately necessary to get a referral....i think he gives lip service says the right words then forgets what he is to do the minute you walk out the door....sad part is he is young and this is how he practices....welcome to health care in Halibutron county

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Dr. Coles looked after my 7-month-old granddaughter in emergency last week. She had a dislocated elbow. He was compassionate (listened so well), professional (immediately ordered xrays and had them read by an outside expert), gentle with the baby (while successfully manipulating her wee elbow) and very reassuring to the baby's mother and myself throughout the entire 'ordeal'. We felt everyone we came in contact with, at the Hospital, was helpful and terrific. And all of this with hardly any waiting - fabulous!!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Dr Coles is referred to as Dr Do Little for good reason. Left open wound (skin cancer) untreated & not bandaged. . Would not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2012

Dr. Coles is an excellent doctor. He has been treating my Grandmother and mother for years. I trust him and feel that I can rely on him for an accurate diagnosis. He always takes the 'just to be sure' approach and addresses every concern I bring to him. His bedside manner is excellent, friendly and soothing.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

Dr.Scott Coles listens to his patients. If you have any concerns...they become Dr.Coles concerns. Dr.Coles and his staff are efficient, friendly, helpful, and I feel they truly care.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

No other Doctors in the area taking patients and and my doctor's incompetence has nearly cost me my life when for two years he failed to diagnose my high cholestrol problem and I finally needed stints to clear a blockage. Then for 11 years I have been trying to get him to treat my thyroid problem but he just keeps taking OHIP's money to basically continue caring for my diabetes which currently my sugars are normal so I just don't understand how I can be diabetic and have no symptoms and yet even though I have a very low TSH reading and ALL the symptoms he refuses to treat my thyroid. I am running out of specialist to see and I am sure the letters he sends prior to my appointments have the specialists assuming I am a crazy nut and they are to placate me and send me on my way.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008