Ratings for Dr. Larry Mulmed

I agree with the other posts on this site. The guy is a total jerk. His nurse kept calling me to come in for my check ups when I was unemployed and uninsured. I told them I couldn't afford it. So he dropped me as a patient. I guess his pocket book is more important than my health.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I haven't seen Dr. Mulmed in a number of years. I left after a number of very poor experiences. He always seemed more interested in talking into his dictaphone than talking to me. His office and staff were antiquated, he did nothing to inform me and help me manage my diabetes and I always felt worse after leaving his office. He doesn't seem to keep up with the latest developments in the field. I've done much better since finding a different better informed doctor.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2009

I agree with the previous post. My situation was a mirror reflection of her encounter with Dr Mulmed. He is not good with identifying thyroid disorders and treating them. Also, he makes you feel like you are the problem only compounded. He does need to retire.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2009

am a woman in my thirties, suffering from Hypothyroidism and Hoashimoto's disease for most of my life. I'm not one to complain, but having to be monitored every six months, and my test never coming back "normal" coupled with always feeling tired, depressed, low-energy, chronic headaches (I could go on, but I hate complaining!!) I figured I would take my health seriously - I have too much to do in this life besides feeling terrible - I was shocked at Dr. Mulmed's dark ages mentality and his shear lack of ampathy-he actually told me that I wished it was my thyroid-that I just needed a few good nights sleep,as I was telling him some of my symptoms He asked me if I knew the origin of the word "Hysteria" that it's a greek word for uterus - WHAT!!? I sat there stunned. The injustice he's serving up to his patients is nothing less than dark-ages. he has clearly lost the reason why one becomes a doctor in the first place - to better peoples lives. Its time for retierment Dr. Mulmed.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008