Ratings for Dr. Anthony Virella

My husband is a former patient of Dr. Virella's, and I acted as his patient advocate (by his side overseeing and recording his care 24/7 during his hospitalization with a traumatic brain injury (TBI) - from ER to Surgical ICU and ongoing during his continuing recovery). My first-hand knowledge of the care he received from Dr. Virella enables me to say with complete certainty that he not only saved my husband's life, but did so while demonstrating an immense level of compassion and professionalism. From all that I learn in my subsequent research into the nature of my husband's injury as well as the procedures that Dr. Virella performed on him, I become increasingly aware that a surgeon with less skill and insight would have achieved far less successful results. In my husband's case, this meant a difference between leading a full life post-trauma, and facing severe life-long limitations. Dr. Virella saved my husband's life in every sense of the word; and our family is truly grateful.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Anthony Virella's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1996)