Ratings for Dr. Joseph M. Savino

Dr S just wants money. He does not care about patients. Abusive if you question him, and bullying if you do not want to try his latest surgical procedure.. Dangerous doctor to be dealing with vulnerable patients. I was on very low dose pain meds so I was not worth his time financially...when I would not try his new procedure which is invasive, he kicked me out of his office...buyer beware!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I never had a problem with him, always polite and concerned. I would recommend Dr. Savino in a minute.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I had been under the care of a partner provider at the Pain Specialists-Southern Or Medford clinic until my doctor relocated out-of-state. They would not allow me a choice in choosing my replacement doctor and they assigned Dr. Savino. He stated that he had no plan to treat me other than discontinuing all medications. I sent three years sending written requests to change to a partner provider. Even though Dr. Savino he had recorded that he had no treatment plan for me, all of my numerous written requests to change providers were denied on the basis that I had seen Dr. Savino and so was ineligible to be seen by another provider there.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr Savino has under medicated me for the last 6 months. I can no longer go to him because of this. I jumped through all his hoops including losing weight and having nothing in my lab tests other than the drug he prescribed. I don't want to go into to much detail because I don't want the Dr to know who I am at this point. I can unequivocally say that he has kept me in a lot of unnecessary pain. I don't know why he won't prescribe the narcotics that I need and have been prescribed for the last 15 years. He does not follow the Pain Doctors Oath that says ' I will not under treat patients pain'. I cannot recommend this Dr for pain control issues.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

They treat younger patients as if they are drug seeking addicts! I am forced to do a drug screen UA every other month. That's fine and dandy I have nothing to hide, but they try to charge my insurance company nearly $3000.00for these tests every time! They even try double billing my insurance company every time. Been going there for 5 years, never had dirty urine test....it seems they are definitely in it for the $$$$$!!! I think after so many years of having to "prove myself" that a UA twice a year is sufficient. They claim its State law...hmmm...my 70 year old father is not subjected to the same frequency of tests and his meds are far worse than mine....but he has Medicare...perhaps they can't do that to the government as often? Aside from this It is my opinion that Dr. S sees TOO many patients to truly be connected for proper care and yes getting refills is a freakin nightmare!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

I am also surprised by some of these reviews. I have been seeing Dr. Savino for some time now, and not only is he very professional, but has never rushed me, never pushed me for cortisone injections, and always taken the time to explain clearly my diagnosis and a plan to treat it. He has never been rude and has been very punctual. He has always explained any side effects of any treatment, and out of the "pain" docs I have seen in the valley to "interview" as my permanent pain docter, he has been a great doc and would recommend to anyone that has a true pain condition! Dr. Savino is the Dr. I have stayed with. His staff has also been very nice and professional.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

I'm surprised at these ratings. I have been a patient of Dr. Savino for some time now. Not one time has he ever rushed me. He is probably one of most polite doctors I have seen. He takes time to diagnose and treat the conditions properly. He has never 'pushed" a procedure on me. Dr. Savino has always seemed very knowledgeable, but has never tried to talk above me. In my opinion, Dr. Savino is the best doctor I have ever seen. I am glad I was assigned to him when I first started seeing him. And his staff has always been personable and treated me with respect. I have never had to wait more than 15-20 mins, which is fine as I am sure he is busy. So in my opinion, he is a great doctor. I would recommend Dr. Savino to any of my closest family/friends.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

I was forced to change from my original pain doctor when he could only accommodate pain pump patients. I was assigned to Dr. Creamer who was wonderful, then he moved. I was assigned to Savino. I took my care taker in with me and I left almost in tears. He decided, before he came in the room that he was going to reduce my pain meds from 6000mg/mo to 1000mg/mo and STOP the valium 10mgx3/dy and clonopin 2mgx2/dy. I asked for a second opinion from the other partner and was refused. I was also refused when I asked to change to the other partner. This guy is a jerk and has a BAD rep. around the area. DO NOT GO unless you get Johnson. Also, I have the emails to support my statements.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010

Contrary to some of the reviews on this site, I found him extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and concerned for my condition.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

I am extremely unhappy with not only Dr. Savino, but his staff as well. I have overheard the front office staff bad-mouth another pain doc in town, and saying things that were extremely unprofessional. You shouldn't have to bad-mouth your competition to make yourself look good. As others have reported, Dr. Savino was more concerned about getting through the appt. than he was about my pain. I am definitely going to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

Dr. Joseph M. Savino's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Centene