Ratings for Dr. Clarence W. Wimberly

Dr. Wimberly is an amazing physician, very personable and does work well with patients and families. Many times I have seen him go the extra mile to make a patient comfortable at night and on week ends when he could have referred out to the ER for a 3 or 4 hr. wait and visit. It appears he does not agree with giving meds when unnecessary and many with the general public seem to get irritated thinking when they visit meds/antibiotics will help. The wait in the office is too long my only complaint and has been for many years however when you have a physician(s) who will actually take the time listen to your thoughts/concerns and not rush during a visit you always seem to have longer weighting time in the office. Of course if you want in and out and less than quality care many physicians have shorter offices visits so it depends on if you are interested in quality care or in and out with some meds which may not be necessary.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

he is awful...only worries about getting paid, and doesnt care what's wrong with the patient. 9 times out of 10 he will tell you that you have a cold regardless of what it is.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Dr Wimberly called and reported me to DSS for not bringing my baby to him. I had changed pediatricians when he refused to give the baby immunizations because the medicaid was 'pending', yet six months later, he calls DSS. Is he that desperate for patients? He accepted the baby for two visits under medicaid then decided to refuse...go figure. He needs to retire. I have a right to choose whatever doctor I want to see my baby and he is not it!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

Dr. Wimberly let my husbands worsening cancer go untreated for six months. He continued to dismiss his symptoms and told him he was just depressed. I've heard of many, many such examples and I don't want anyone to go through what my family has endured.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

Dr. Clarence W. Wimberly's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 2000)

AARP