Ratings for Dr. Aaron A. Cohen-Gadol, MD, MSc, MBA

Top notch professional, very knowledgeable. I trusted him with my life and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. This is a pro's pro who understands the needs of the patient and what it takes to get the patient out of danger and back to life. I can't express enough, my gratitude to Dr. Cohen-Gadol and his team. Simply outstanding!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2019

I was referred to Dr. Cohen-Gadol by another neurosurgeon in another city as being the best. I found him to be very skilled and knowledgeable. I was able to have an appointment and surgery within 17 days of my diagnosis. My quality of life has certainly improved, and I am so very thankful that I was referred to him!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2019

My husband was in unbearable pain from glossopharyngeal neuralgia and we had exhausted our resources, then got an appointment with Dr. Cohen. I can't say enough about the amazing recovery my husband had after his surgery. He could hardly believe that he could actually touch his face and mouth without any pain at all. God has blessed you with a wonderful talent and we pray you continue to help people for many years to come. Thank you for giving both of us our lives back.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

Dr. Cohen and his team are very professional and put the patient first. His team that removed my pituitary adinoma did wonderful job and their follow up is fantastic. Very caring

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

I have suffered with Trigemenal Neuralgia for the past ten or more years. When my pain had gotten so extreme and medicine no longer helped, my neurologist sent me to Dr. Cohen for surgery. It was a complete success. I highly recommend Dr. Cohen and his staff. I

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

An amazing surgeon! Explained my brain tumor & the risks of the surgery during my initial visit without sugarcoating it. My follow up a year later he explained why he thought it was time to take it out after 2 MRI's within that year. Loved his skill as a surgeon, his bedside manner, & the way he treated my family

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr. Cohen was a God send for my son last year! I have nothing but praises!My son had a ER AVM bleed. Was near death. Dr. Cohen did that surgery. 4 months later the AVM was successfully removed. My son is back in college and on the dean's list!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011

He obviously did not read any of the health history I filled out. I was a new pt. and he didn't even do an exam.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

A skilled surgeon with great patience and ability to explain treatment, risks, etc. A wonderful asset for the Indianapolis area. Very prompt surgery follow up visit and patient follow up care. Apparently an innovative and skilled practitioner with very good credentials as well.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

Dr. Aaron A. Cohen-Gadol, MD, MSc, MBA's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Cohen-Gadol (Cohen) performed his undergraduate and medical school trainings in the University of California at San Diego and University of Southern California, respectively. He then completed his residency training at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He also completed fellowship training in two subspecialties: Epilepsy surgery (Yale University) and skull base/cerebrovascular surgery (University of Arkansas.) Dr. Cohen has a Masters Degree in Clinical Research from Mayo Graduate School and MBA from Kelley School of Business. His areas of interest include surgical treatment of complex intracranial tumors and vascular lesions. He is a professor at Indiana University Department of Neurosurgery and Goodman Campbell Brain and Spine. He is the director of neurosurgical oncology and its fellowship, and co-director of the Signature Center for Brain and Neurological Tumors. He is the founder and president of The Neurosurgical Atlas (hyperlink to http://www.neurosurgicalatlas.com), a multimedia resource for neurosurgical techniques. His clinical research interests include neurosurgical operative anatomy, innovative operative approaches to deep lesions, and intraoperative fluorescence/mass spectroscopy. His basic science research is focused on novel drug therapies for glioblastoma. He has published over 400 publications on the aforementioned topics.

• English
  • Persian

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)
  • Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

• Health Care Hero of the Year, Indianapolis Business Journal