Ratings for Dr. Tonya M. Duguid

I had my first visit with Dr. Duguid at her new Warsaw practics for my chronic sciatica. Im not a fan of doctors in general and had been putting this visit off for months. I showed up in serious pain. The staff at the front was very polite and got me registered promptly. After informing them that I am currently uninsured they very politely told me about there direct pay discounts and told me to have a seat. The nurse, Sage was friendly and efficient. Once in the exam room I waited for 15 minutes past my appointment time and being in pain was getting impatient. When Dr. Duguid did enter the room she promptly apologized for her tardiness but informed me since she knew I was uninsured she was researching my best pricing options for the prescriptions she was recommending. In case you missed that, THE DOCTOR WAS TAKING TIME TO SAVE ME MONEY. Dr. Duguid was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. The combination of months of pain and her kindness literally brought all 6'3 300lbs. of me to tears. When I could no longer stand or sit on the exam room and asked if I could just lay flat on the floor she joined me on the ground and went over in detail the anatomy of everything that was causing my pain. She printed of a physical therapy protocol and explained that clearly. I can honestly say this was hands down the best doctors visit I have ever had. I never once felt like a number or an inconvenience. I was treated with dignity, compassion, and carring. I wasn't rushed in then out. She took time to listen to me and patiently answer all my questions. I HIGHLY recommend her as a physician and from what I can tell also a genuinely caring person.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

This doctor is awful and should be pulled out of practice!my mother being a one time patient, I will not let her see this woman again! Already scared and nervous with symptoms of what could be a bad breast infection,This ignorant doc let's her know it could be breast cancer . No details were given, no questions answered, and when my mother asked what happens if its cancer? This doctor replies with "They cut it off and you get chemo" Now, I get to try to calm my poor mothers nerves until she goes for her mammogram! I'm so mad that we as a people are subjected to such poor treatment from doctors with no compassion!!!! Thanks but no thanks Doc!!! You need to be i n a different field of work and as car away from patients as possible!

Submitted April 12, 2015

Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr Duguid is extremely insightful, thorough and knows what she is talking about. She spent a lot of time with me, but was distracted by others in a room nearby. Rooms are in too close of proximity; she had to leave my room a couple of times to tend to others and I heard about everything. I have only seen her once and was impressed with her ability, but am am concerned because she told me she is not very punctual and because of her OB practice she is sometimes delayed with appointments. My total time there was about 2 hours and 20 minutes but it was all disrupted. I have to leave work to go to the Dr and my time is also very valuable so for that reason I am not certain this will be the doctor for me. It costs me a LOT of money to go to the doctor (I have a high deductible plan) and am not certain I want to be treated as though my time is much less valuable than hers. I had to cancel two of my own client appts since this took so long.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Dr. Duguid is a great doctor. She listens to your family history and concerns and genuinely cares for her patients. She is willing to talk about all aspects of medicine and is great when asked lots of questions. She takes the time to answer them and to listen. The only negative I can think of is the office isn't always punctual, but if you are persistent things go ok. I was always seen though.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2011

This Dr. has an amazing bedside manner. Because of her quick reaction to an infection, my husbands recovery was much faster. I would suggest her to anyone looking for a new Dr. She is a real person treating real people...

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

This place is overbooked and understaffed, be prepared to wait 2 hours and see the doctor for 5 minutes. Dr. Duguid does not have time for each patient or time to accuratley diagnose and treat them. I was misdiagnosed by her because she did no testing on me and rushed me in and out of her office when I was pregnant and severely ill. She did no testing on me and did not even check my tempature. Because of her lack of care, and not treating my infection my unborn baby may have been put at risk and may possibly be born with a heart defect. If you care about your health, and especially the health of your unborn child, PLEASE find a doctor that specializes in ONLY OB, that has the time and knowledge to insure a safe and healthy baby.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

This DR was a God-send at a time when I desperately needed someone to listen to my problems and carefully diagnose me. Thanks to her, I'm now on a road to recovery!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2008

Dr. Tonya M. Duguid's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2006)