Ratings for Dr. John D. Booth

I've been with Dr. Booth for over 25 years, he's the best Internal Medicine and Diabetic Endocrinologist in the GHA as far as I am concerned. Very knowledgeable, compassionate, caring, and a keen sense of humour (lacking in most MD's). For the reviewers who complain about waiting or the punctuality? It's worth the wait to me, chill out people, it's the medical system and process, there's going to be delays. On my last visit Dr. Booth had told me, since I was doing good, he didn't need to see me again. I asked him when he was retiring (that was in May 2017). He stated, maybe in 3 years. I still wanted to be his patient, so he let me stay on. Very satisfied-A competent efficient Doctor. The Best!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

dr. booth saved my life!!!! he is a comfort, knowledgeable and has become a good friend. I am always relieved after seeing him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I like the Gentlemen. He put up with me for 45 minutes. He deserves a purple star. He listens and recommends well.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

its been a really negitive expirence having to switch to him due to being pregnant with type 1 diabetes. why the heck did i have to chaange to an internal medicine specialist .....woulden't and endo be more appropriate ? he's the only option for pregnant diabetic women in the whole Niagara region . he needs to update his knowledge . tried to switch me to NPH and Regular insulin off a pump and CGM . claims testing 4 times daily is adequate . Horrible.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

it seems like he can be variable from day to day based on my first hand observation and reading other reviews. a big issue was the resident who honestly needed some review on type 1 diabetes in pregnancy, the resident spewed some patently misinformed info and I think Booth had to go along so as to save face for everyone .

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr Booth has been my doctor for 30 years and is superb as his job. He is the best of the best. I know he must be coming close to retirement but I don't want him to lol. Thanks for taking such good care of me Dr.Booth. Karen B

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

i went in for severe rickets that ive been dealing with for two years . i've been to multiple doctors for it and theu were all kind of the same.. dismissive and just plain rude bc im younger and most of their patients are seniors. but i have to say dr booth was very compassionate and polite towards me, he took time to explain what was going on with me and didn't make me feel bad about myself at the end of the visit. i'm seeing him again in one months time for a follow up buy i'm already doing really well.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Superb clinician and a very nice man - clearly in the correct profession.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Seen him 2 times and both experiences were horrible. At least 45 mins late both times and we were the only ones there. From the staff's reactions, this is normal for him. He was unable to tell me anything I didn't already know.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr. Booth is great but it is next to impossible to book an appointment. The office is either closed or no one answers. You cannot leave a message which is extremely frustrating and when someone finally answers they are not very nice.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016