Ratings for Dr. John D. Booth

Dr. Booth took care of me during my pregnancy and he was amazing!! So great to have a doctor with knowledge and common sense. He eased my mind. I actually requested to see him after pregnancy as it's hard for me to warm up to doctors when I don't normally trust them.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Terrible man. I went there with extremely high cortisol, and suddenly extreme anxiety. He was pleasant to talk to for the first little part of the interview, then he told me that unless I had an extreme disease, he couldn't help. I kept on trying to get him to help as my symptoms got worse, and his assistant told me that he wanted to see me and do some tests. I went in, all hopeful, and he told he he didn't want to do tests, he just wanted to tell me to get lost! My family Dr. did the tests instead, and it turned out that I was in menopause and that that had screwed up all my hormones and that was why I was so sick. I recently saw a medical specialist who did blood tests that came back abnormal. He wanted to send me to Dr. Booth. I said No Way. I'll see a different endo, please. Was no help at all, and actually was extremely detrimental to my mental health as I got so sick I was suicidal and ended up in hospital for a month.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

One of the best doctors still around I trust with all my life. I have been seeing him since 1985 and I don't trust doctors I have had many problems with doctors in my life for the medication I am prescribed and he fix's the problem every time Trust is a big issue for me and he has my Trust

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

A wonderful caring and professional doctor. The delay is from him being very thorough with his patients; so bearing that in mind I do not mind spending 30-45 minutes waiting for him as I know my issues will be carefully addressed.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

I've been with Dr. Booth for over 25 years, he's the best Internal Medicine and Diabetic Endocrinologist in the GHA as far as I am concerned. Very knowledgeable, compassionate, caring, and a keen sense of humour (lacking in most MD's). For the reviewers who complain about waiting or the punctuality? It's worth the wait to me, chill out people, it's the medical system and process, there's going to be delays. On my last visit Dr. Booth had told me, since I was doing good, he didn't need to see me again. I asked him when he was retiring (that was in May 2017). He stated, maybe in 3 years. I still wanted to be his patient, so he let me stay on. Very satisfied-A competent efficient Doctor. The Best!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

dr. booth saved my life!!!! he is a comfort, knowledgeable and has become a good friend. I am always relieved after seeing him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I like the Gentlemen. He put up with me for 45 minutes. He deserves a purple star. He listens and recommends well.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

its been a really negitive expirence having to switch to him due to being pregnant with type 1 diabetes. why the heck did i have to chaange to an internal medicine specialist .....woulden't and endo be more appropriate ? he's the only option for pregnant diabetic women in the whole Niagara region . he needs to update his knowledge . tried to switch me to NPH and Regular insulin off a pump and CGM . claims testing 4 times daily is adequate . Horrible.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

it seems like he can be variable from day to day based on my first hand observation and reading other reviews. a big issue was the resident who honestly needed some review on type 1 diabetes in pregnancy, the resident spewed some patently misinformed info and I think Booth had to go along so as to save face for everyone .

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr Booth has been my doctor for 30 years and is superb as his job. He is the best of the best. I know he must be coming close to retirement but I don't want him to lol. Thanks for taking such good care of me Dr.Booth. Karen B

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017