Dr. Korsh Jafarnia

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Korsh Jafarnia

Felt very fortunate to have Dr Jafarnia for my Dr. Procedure for Trigger Finger was explained , questions answered. I had complete confidence in Dr. Jafarnia, his very capable Asst. Monica and entire staff.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

My son recently broke his hand while away at school. I flew him back to Houston to see Dr. Jafarnia, because I wanted it repaired correctly. He has been my son's ortho doc through pee wee football, high school varsity sports and beyond. He is unsurpassed in his field. We feel fortunate to have him caring for our family.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

I waited close to an hour for my visit and have never had to wait that long for any doctors appointment. He is very direct, curt, and straight to the point, however, I went to him because I saw that he was highly rated and had a lot of experience with the surgery I needed. He is very knowledgeable and experienced but has a poor bedside manner. In contrast, his staff was very friendly and courteous.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Very impressed. He asked me several times "Do you have any questions?" He answered my questions thoroughly. The patient must be prepared for a whirlwind visit, however, Dr. Jafarnia is on-time and has a no-nonsense tone, but he is empathetic, knowledgeable and personal.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

You could not ask for a more qualified doctor. I recommend him to anyone who needs exceptional care. He is a great doctor and has a great bedside manner. The staff at both locations, is equally friendly and efficient. I will definitely see him again should the need arise.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Our experience with Dr. Jafarnia was made as easy and pleasant as could be considering my 5 yr old had a broken wrist and required surgery. Every step of the process was free of stress and efficient. Dr. J made us comfortable with the process and even our son was calm and never scared of his surgeries. And his wrist is now as good as new. Dr. J came to us HIGHLY recommended and we HIGHLY recommend him to others!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr Jafarnia took excellent care of my mother. His staff was helpful anf friendly, I highly reccommend him for hand or arm injuries.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr. Jafarnia and his staff are the best. Up until this point, I had never experienced a broken bone or injury. Needless to say, I was stressed but Dr. Jafarnia and his staff put me and my husband quickly at ease. Dr. Jafarnia has a very easy manner, tells quick jokes and is excellent in what he does. His staff is efficient and also very personable. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Jafarnia to anyone needing his services. Sincerely, The Greene's

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

I've seen several orthos in Houston, and Dr. J is the best. He diagnosed a problem others couldn't and, better yet, FIXED IT! If not for Dr. J, I would probably still be in pain with only limited use of my arm. Instead, I am pain free! Surgery was uncomplicated with great follow up care and physical therapy. He has treated me since then for an unrelated fracture in my other hand. I wouldn't recommend anyone else. He and his staff are simply great!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

I have been very happy with the care I've received from Dr. Jafarnia and his staff. My visits with Dr. J are personable and his staff is efficient and friendly. Before my surgery, Dr. J took the time to make sure I understood my hand problem and what my options were. I have already referred my neighbor's son for a broken wrist and my co-worker for what she thinks is carpal tunnel. They all said they were happy Dr. Jafarnia and with their experience at KSF. I already had by surgery at the KSF Surgery Center and I'm scheduled to graduate from therapy tomorrow. Thanks to everybody at the Surgery Center and all my therapists at KSF. If I had known everything was going to go so well, I would have seen Dr. Jafarnia a long time ago. Thanks again to everyone at KSF.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

Dr. Korsh Jafarnia's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Trained by some of the best hand surgeons in the United States and France, Dr. Jafarnia is able to provide patients of all ages with effective treatment options for hand and upper extremity injuries and conditions – building a treatment program specific to each. Formerly the vice president of KSF Orthopaedic Surgery Center and Chief of Staff of Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Dr. Jafarnia served as Chief of the Hand Center at Houston Methodist Orthopedics & Sports Medicine and the hand specialist for UT Physicians / UT Ortho and the Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Sports Medicine Institute at Memorial City and the Texas Medical Center. He has recently returned to help launch the hand and upper extremity section of the Houston Methodist Hospital’s new Memorial City / Spring Valley facility. He has worked with Houston’s top hand, wrist and elbow specialists at Baylor College of Medicine, where he received the Teaching Excellence, the Bronze Hammer and the Leonard Marmor Surgical Arthritis Foundation Awards. He has served as a clinical assistant professor for Baylor and an assistant professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). As the hand specialist at Houston Methodist Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Spring Valley, he also serves as an assistant professor for clinical orthopaedic surgery for Weill Cornell Medical College. A published author, Dr. Jafarnia’s experience and unique perspective provides both his pediatric and adult patients with the latest treatment options available for some of the most common as well as challenging hand and upper extremity injuries and conditions seen today – from childhood fractures and carpal tunnel syndrome to arthritis and other degenerative joint conditions. Dr. Jafarnia performs the latest procedures in hand and upper extremity – including endoscopic carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel releases, tendon and nerve repair, arthroscopy, and joint resurfacing and replacement. Memberships and Affiliations Dr. Jafarnia is a member of the Ethics Committee at Houston Northwest Medical Center and a volunteer staff member at the Shriners Hospitals for Children. He is also fellow of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Jafarnia is also a member of the American Medical Association, the Texas Medical Association and the Harris County Medical Society. Education and Certification Dr. Jafarnia is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery with a Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery (CAQ). He received his undergraduate degree and graduated with high honors from the University of Texas in Austin and obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree at The University of Texas Medical School in San Antonio, where he was chosen to join the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Society. He then performed his internship and residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. During his residency at Baylor, Dr. Jafarnia also attended the French Institute for Hand Surgery in Paris – studying advanced techniques and new approaches to hand surgery. Following his residency he was selected for a Fellowship at Harvard Medical School in Boston.

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1996)
  • Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 2002)

• Hand, Wrist and Microsurgery