Ratings for Dr. Alan P. Winkler

Dr.Winkler has taken care of our three boys (13,11,&9) since they were born. I never had any of the bad experiences that I read on some of these reviews. Yes, we had to wait past our scheduled appt a few times, but things happen. And yes, the staff changes from time to time with different Dr's, but they never misdiagnosed nor were they or the staff rude.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

Seems as if the reviews are true. Very money hungry office with limited inconvenience hours. My daughters problems have persisted without improvement under Dr. Winklers care.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

Dr. Winkler has taken care of my three children since they were born. We have always had complete confidence in his diagnostic abilities and medical knowledge. He has been readily available when my children were sick. I leave my appointments with a thorough understanding of my children's condition.I wish he could take care of me.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Terrible. The doctors in this group are either indecisive or inexperienced. Very dissatisfied. My infant son suffered from silent reflux, and refused formula over 2 months. I had suspected GERD from the beginning--and despite me practically begging for a diagnosis and prescription so that he could eat, they ignored the problem -and me - by continually suggesting he was either fussy or had a behavioral problem. (He was only 3 months old at this time). After 2 months with NO answers or diagnosis, I finally DEMANDED he be referred to a GI (they had been reluctant thus far). Again, they suggested a "feeding therapist." I refused and took him to a GI. Within 24 hours-- the GI had him diagnosed and on baby antacids--and he is doing amazing!! My son suffered unnecessarily for 2 1/2 months because of this group's ineptitude. They are happy to take your money in return for terrible service, terrible care, and an extremely discourteous staff. I would NEVER recommend them.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Dr. Winkler is the head of the practice, yet if there is a problem and you want to speak with him, he is never available. I am thoroughly disgusted with this practice because I had been bringing my son there since he was a baby and Dr. Winkler was his doctor. My son is now 9 yrs old. I can't remember the last time I was able to get Dr. Winkler on one of my son's appointment, let alone, the last time I saw him actually in the office. Also, most of the doctors that he has there now are not very knowledgable. I was fortunate to find one of the doctors that left this practice (she was pretty much the only knowledgeable one there). I would never recommend this practice to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

Very arrogant, not helpful, made us wait over an hour more than our appointment. Money hungry attitude. Yuck, we switched

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

I took my son in for a doctor to confirm Fifth's Disease. They said to come in at 3:30pm which is the time I arrived. I waited in the waiting room for an hour before my son and I were led into an examining room where we waited for another half hour. I was so fed up that I walked out, but not before seeing a woman who came in a half hour after me leave. This is the second this has happened in a few months, so needless to say that I am switching pediatricians. This group cares more about quantity (money) and less about quality (children).

flag | Submitted August 4, 2008

Dr. Alan P. Winkler's Credentials

• Univ Di Bologna, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Bologna, Italy (Grad. 1983)